Drew McIntrye Or Cody Rhodes?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is better Cody or Drew?

• Drew McIntyre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cody Rhodes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^^ Finally.

Drew i think is WWE's hidden gem at the moment. And when he loses the IC title i think its the WWE title next for him.

Why? What makes him ready for the main event/wwe title scene? He's been IC champ since December. What has he done? Nothing. Where has his character gone? No where. He's boring. He's a mood killer. He's been pushed down our throats and still gets no reaction at all. When this "hidden gem" exposes itself then I'll say other wise. But until then, he sucks.

fans might not be seeing it now, but there is a reason HHH and Vince and like Drew. I still think there is areas of improvement for Drew, but i think once he's around for a little while, and gets some good fueds behind him, he should be ready for the main event scene.

To be fair, the same can be said about anyone.

Reaction score
This is from here on out a rule.

Thank you. The Gay Swashbuckler is as boring as paint drying or grass growing. Like Axis said, I can hear roaches fucking when he's on camera.

Let's go over the Drew McIntyre checklist:

1: Generic looking? Check.

2: Awful entrance music? Check.

3: No discernable character or anything exciting? Check

4: Never talks, when he does is it so low the crowd and television audience can hear? Check

5: No catchphrase or "gimmick" traits at all? (Let me guess: He's a WRESTLER, right?) Check

Cody Rhodes will make it. He will need to be a heel though, as I don't buy him as a face.

Axis

Reaction score
Don't bother Bonez. LKP notoriously makes claims without substantive arguments to back them up.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Drew McIntyre has a pretty sick finisher. His theme doesn't stick out to me, his look isn't THAT striking, he tries to walk like Orton, but his DDT finisher is pretty cool too see. The set up to it always looks like he is going for the Pedigree.

Drew's DDT > Crossroads.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
How the fuck is Drew decent on the mic? Find a chav from Britain who wants to act tough and that is exactly how he talks! It's like saying Shad Gaspard has interesting mic skills.

Cody by far.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Cody Rhodes. It is in his blood.

But seriously. Cody Rhodes definitely has a better half ass smile then Drew McIntyre.

Drew-McIntyre.jpg

cody%20rhodes%20with%20orton.jpg

So with that in mind Cody Rhodes owns Drew McIntrye in all ways.

adhyanta

Reaction score
Pontianak, Lampung, Bandung, Jakarta - Indonesia
In term of charisma, Cody will always be better than Drew. The son of Dusty + his face looks like he starred in a Disney family sitcom when he was a small kid.

Cody is still better than Drew. How can he possibly not?
As part of Evolution, he faced D-X. Everybody knows Triple H & HBK love putting new guys over... Batista, Cena, and Orton came to mind.

What'd they ever gave Drew? Vince saying he's gonna be the future world champ. Like being a world champ is still a huge deal these days.

Kicking DX's ass is.

Kizza

Reaction score
I want to like Drew. I really do. But he is really boring. I liked him when he first came in, but after a while, you realize how truly boring and one dimensional is. It was the opposite with Cody. I really thought he was awful. He's obviously improved immensely though, and he's leagues better than Ted DiBiase Jr, who is just absolute piss poor imo. Cody has the potential to go far, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince gets bored of Drew too soon.

Airfixx

Reaction score
4: Never talks, when he does is it so low the crowd and television audience can hear? Check

Seen plenty of his mic work on SD and his delivery on the mic is crisp clear and well delivered... Dunno what you're talking about. Besides, how do you know what the crowd can and can't hear? (Let me help here... You can't!)

5: No catchphrase or "gimmick" traits at all? (Let me guess: He's a WRESTLER, right?) Check

FAIL.

Gimmick = 'The Chosen One' (i.e. By Vince in kayfaybe).

Catchphrase = "The Party's Over"

seX-Power

Reaction score
Has he even said that in the last few months? Or mentioned being the chosen one?

maty619

Reaction score
I voted Drew just for the fact that Drew has more of a presence than Cody. I like Cody, I'm not a fan but I prefered him to Ted in Legacy, but I don't see anything special in him. Drew on the other hand has more of a presence, I can't describe it any better than that, it might be because he pretends to be Randy Orton, but Cody seems more bland. Btw, this is a bit of a random question, Cody and Drew are different and have never had any interaction to my knowledge.

Reaction score
Seen plenty of his mic work on SD and his delivery on the mic is crisp clear and well delivered... Dunno what you're talking about. Besides, how do you know what the crowd can and can't hear? (Let me help here... You can't!)

FAIL.

He's said maybe one or two lines in the last 3 months, and that was in a conversation with Teddy Long and it was delivered so low you couldn't even hear it.

Find me one instance in the last 3 months where he's said "The Party's Over"

Face it, your guy is BOOOOORRRRIIIINNGGGGGG as shit.

...god...

Reaction score

FAIL.

Lawl, he's referred to himself as the "Chosen Once" FUCKING ONCE or TWICE MAX. And guess how many times he said "The Party's Over"? The whole two shows after his debut (if he had a brain, he woulda ran with it)! Your argument is worthless, face it, he sucks. Just accept it and move on.

Oh the generic "YOU PEOPLE AREN'T WORTH MY TIME!" is so beneficial and unique of his character. Even Vince doesn't care about anymore, haven't even seen him anywhere near him in MONTHS. He had basically a ticket to pretty much acting like the corporate son of Vince McMahon and even then he's too bad to even know how to run with that.