Dolph Partially to Blame for Kings Heart Attack

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
In the latest installment of The Steve Austin Show, Jerry "The King" Lawler discussed his heart attack that he suffered on last year's episode of Raw. Lawler had wrestled in a tag match earlier that night where he teamed with Randy Orton and faced CM Punk and Dolph Zigger. Lawler mentioned that the series of elbows from Ziggler during that match were a "partial cause" of his attack.

Ziggler did a spot where he dropped ten straight elbows on Lawler's chest. Lawler said that Ziggler was landing with all of his weight, and he remembered thinking, "jeez, this guy's trying to kill me."

"Honestly, and I talked to my cardiologist about it, and he said, 'absolutely, the trauma to my chest from those elbows could have been hard enough to knock your heart out of rhythm,'" Lawler said. "It would start slowly, and then get more and more and more out of rhythm until it just seized up."

Lawler noted that he's feeling 100% now and wants to talk to Vince McMahon about having "a match or two on Raw" again.

-pwpix

Seems reasonable, I remember that sequence. Not sure I would ever let him wrestle again if I was Vince, short of maybe a tag in Memphis where he basically drops the fist and gets a w

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Not Dolph's fault at all. A 60 year old man shouldn't be in the ring taking moves from those younger stars. What caused his Heart Attack was him deciding to wrestle. In the end, it all came down to his decision.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah it all comes down to the fact that Jerry shouldn't still be wrestling at his age ad hopefully never does again to risk something like this. So don't think it is fair to put any blame on Dolph at all.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
People also should be more careful and know not to do 10 elbow drops to a guys heart or 10 Germans to a guys head and neck no matter age. 2 way street. Dolph should know who he is working with a know better over showing off too which was what he was doing going for a wow factor to make his elf look good, over actually being a safe and sound worker, its called being a ring general, which he clearly still isn't

Jerry and him both share blame together. Jerry for getting there at his age, and Dolph for being too stupid to thing about what he was doing and its ramification

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'd say its a good thing he said it and out loud. Dolph needs to know better so he doesn't hurt a guy. Yeah Jerry was old but think about a guy like MVP who had an undiagnosed heart condition and was young, he could just as easily hurt or kill the guy. And why? Because he wanted to show off and make himself look good by dropping his body 10 hard times with the elbow right on the same spot ... Its just not smart. Dropping 10 elbows in one spot where the heart is located is as stupid as Kurt doing 10 rolling Germans, an unprotected chair shot to the head, blading, or a spike piledriver.

And saying it to the public doesn't make it just about Dolph but also should hopefully get everyone's attention. That way the younger guys have common sense to think of their opponents health as well.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thing is Jerry is a old school guy though. So on the flip side if Dolph took it easy on him Jerry coming from the era he came from would have told him not to take it easy on him which is always the no win situation wrestling old guys.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That's true too, but Dolph doesn't drop 10 on young guys, 3-4 is the normal limit. It to me need to be some moderation and consideration on both parts. Jerry should consider his age, Dolph should consider what he is about to do because 10 to the heart and they were 10 hard elbow drops if you look at the match is dangerous for anyone whether they better 62 or 22. They both goofed it all up.

Honestly that is why I wouldn't let king wrestle again, I wouldn't say ever again, but not like he was at one point with the Miz for example when he was working raw, ppv, and house shows. I couldn't say never because there could be an exception, such as if JR assed away, I'd let him work a tribute match like I would Flair if it was someone close to him.

I would also just have to chew out Dolph just so he knows better, the line between showing off and being safe. Probably a bit in public so everyone gets the message if it were in Trips, Steph, or Vince place.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Doubt Dolph was the guy in the ring in charge.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Jerry, just keep out of the ring. I don't wanna see you drop dead on live television.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Jerry needs to stick to eating sonic and whatever fast food crap rather than actually wrestling in a ring. He's over 60 years old, enough is enough. Tapout is spot on.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well, Ziggler shouldn't be goin' light out there if he wants to prove himself so I can't blame him for this at all. Lawler probably shouldn't have been involved. Of course, I could see WWE using this against Ziggler anyways. I mean they did use his own concussion against him and his push a few months back.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't see how anyone could be blamed for Jerry's heart attack, we all remember it and no one could've known. Dolph did his signature elbow drops without directly hurting Jerry so he was probably none the wiser, and Jerry didn't know stepping into the ring for a tag match that his heart wasn't up for it this time.

But with the benefit of hindsight, why on earth would Lawler wanna go in again? Would Vince really let him? I actually don't want see him in the ring again, it's all I'm going to be thinking about.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't see how anyone could be blamed for Jerry's heart attack, we all remember it and no one could've known. Dolph did his signature elbow drops without directly hurting Jerry so he was probably none the wiser, and Jerry didn't know stepping into the ring for a tag match that his heart wasn't up for it this time.

But with the benefit of hindsight, why on earth would Lawler wanna go in again? Would Vince really let him? I actually don't want see him in the ring again, it's all I'm going to be thinking about.

INTELLIGENCE!

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I agree with your point, but the thing is its just dangerous to do 10 in a row to a heart area. He doesn't normally do thatm he wanted to show off and thought king could take it being old school. I mean that to me is why its an all around blame, him doing that stupidly and King getting in there at his age, despite how much better he looks than Flair, Dusty, etc because he took care of his body being straight edge long before Punk

I agree with not letting him in there again, but I still give him that exception only if it's a tribute match