SummerSlam Do you give a shit?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Cena and Rollins will be fine. Not great but fine. The promos have been good. And the fact that both titles are on the like will be more than interesting. I want to see how this one plays out.

It looks like Owens will fight cesaro which would be awesome, too.

KxZpZ80.gif
... Unless they go with a predictable (masked) Kane interference and have the match end in a DQ. *puke*

- KO vs Cesaro seems to be what they're gunning for right now, but I can also see them doing a fatal four-way for the MITB briefcase with Orton and Sheamus involved.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
KxZpZ80.gif
... Unless they go with a predictable (masked) Kane interference and have the match end in a DQ. *puke*

- KO vs Cesaro seems to be what they're gunning for right now, but I can also see them doing a fatal four-way for the MITB briefcase with Orton and Sheamus involved.
Well yeah that would suck. But that's the worst case scenario. Otherwise, the match is still intriguing and raises lots of questions.

All of that sounds great. So, again, idk why there's so much damn bashing in general.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I get that some of the matches thus far may not seem too exciting, but for fuck sake people are just tearing this PPV apart.

Brock and taker won't be horrible. It seems interesting as to what will happen. Will Brock kill taker again or will taker rise to the occasion? And the most recent promos and fights have been great.

Cena and Rollins will be fine. Not great but fine. The promos have been good. And the fact that both titles are on the like will be more than interesting. I want to see how this one plays out.

It looks like Owens will fight cesaro which would be awesome, too.

It doesn't seem to be the greatest line up ever but certainly not boring and worthy of tons of bashing.

There are like three matches I'd be happy to watch:
Cena and Rollins, Owens vs Cesaro and the Divas match.

Everything else seems like garbage.

Personally IDGAF about Brock vs Taker because it's been almost eighteen months since the first match. If Taker goes over it doesn't matter because the streak still ended, if Brock wins... he already broke the streak so why am I supposed to care about a second win?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
There are like three matches I'd be happy to watch:
Cena and Rollins, Owens vs Cesaro and the Divas match.

Everything else seems like garbage.

Personally IDGAF about Brock vs Taker because it's been almost eighteen months since the first match. If Taker goes over it doesn't matter because the streak still ended, if Brock wins... he already broke the streak so why am I supposed to care about a second win?
Those 3 matches do look good.

Well opinions vary and the card doesn't seem quite set yet.

Well I get the whole "it's been 18 months thing" but using that philosophy why ever have anyone who's fought each other fight again? Why rekindle any feud from the past? In other words, although it seems late, them fighting again isn't a bad thing. Feuds are rekindled a lot. And you can argue as to whether or not the feud was good or bad, sure. It's all opinion. But, it kind of does make sense that taker wants some sort of revenge and they've done a great job building it so far.

I really hope Brock wins, however. This like needs to happen.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well yeah that would suck. But that's the worst case scenario. Otherwise, the match is still intriguing and raises lots of questions.

All of that sounds great. So, again, idk why there's so much damn bashing in general.

Even though I'm hoping Rollins walks out of this feud as the champion, it wouldn't be an entirely bad thing in my opinion if Cena wins the title again. Cena heading into Wrestlemania 32 as the historical 16 or 17-time champion (17 if Sheamus cashes in on him after winning the belt and Cena regains it back quickly after... That would be a pretty convenient way of having Cena surpass Ric Flair's record number of championships in short order) and then passing the torch to someone on the grand stage is a good idea and makes a lot of booking sense. That, and the fact that beating Cena obviously means a lot more than beating Rollins.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
With it being title for title now, there's like a 97% chance of a Kane run-in DQ, right?

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
With it being title for title now, there's like a 97% chance of a Kane run-in DQ, right?

lol Hopefully not. To promote something as seldom as Title For Title and then book an ending that involves anything except one man leaving with both belts on their shoulders would be a major cop-out... Which of course doesn't mean it won't happen, but still.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kane get involved in the Brock Lesnar/Undertaker match instead, and then set his sights towards Rollins on Raw the night afterwards or something. The timing of Kane's injury and Taker's return seems a bit wary not to eventually be intertwined at some point. Kane interfering in Rollins vs Cena could mean a three-way program between them afterwards, and I don't see that happening. I also can't see Cena remaining in a WWE Title program for more than a month as long as he still has the US Title on him.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Not really, at all. Rollins and Cena feuding kind of put me in the pessimistic side of things for this PPV. It was boring and overbearing the first time around and it just seems so unoriginal to this winner takes all feud. And as awesome as the brawling segment on Raw was, I don't think I can bear to watch a Lesnar vs. Undertaker match in 2015, especially if it's the main event. Summerslam being a 4 hour show also downgrades the hype for me. If they can't fill that card up with interesting matches (which by the looks of it Cesaro/Owens is really the only match I'll be into), then it'll just be a plain struggle to get through.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well knowing WWE they just use that hour to add in a pop/rap musical performance with divas dancing just to make use of them. Then throw in a pointless promo with a hollywood star or sports star. So, I'd say I give no shits bout this, just for promotional purposes

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
An extra hour will probably be bad unless there are 1 or 2 more matches.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
With our talks of Lesnar's awesome Summerslam run, it's made me curious how the other top competitors have done at that show...

-Cena was squashed last year, beat by Bryan the year before, lost under dubious circumstances to Punk in 2011-2012, killed off the Nexus, lost to Orton after non-stop chaos, lost clean to Batista, beat Orton I think by DQ, lost to Edge which I don't remember, beat Jericho, beat Booker...
-Undertaker won a Hell in a Cell with Edge, lost to Orton, got DQed against JBL, beat Albert, beat Test, tagged with his brother to wreck DDP and Kanyon, no contest vs Kane, teamed with Big Show to take out Kane and X-Pac, lost to Austin, lost to Bret with HBK as the ref, lost to Mankind in the Boiler Room Brawl, beat Kama in a casket match, beat himself in 94, beat Giant Gonzalez, beat Kamala
-Rollins just beat Ambrose last year lol

Fuzion

The Artiste
Reaction score
I give no shits for Taker vs. Brock. As for the Cena vs. Rollins, I don't even know what there going to do with this. I just hope Cena doesn't win and become World Heavyweight champion and United States Champion, wtf.