SummerSlam Do you give a shit?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm semi-excited. Summerslam is normally one of the better PPVs of the year (often better than Wrestlemania itself is) and the event being four hours this year makes me think they'll try and pull out something special to make it as memorable as possible.

I have a vested interest in Brock vs Undertaker's rematch, mainly because I really, really don't want to see the Undertaker defeat Lesnar, and because I have hopes that they can have a much better match than the one they had at Wrestlemania XXX (which was seriously hindered by the concussion Taker suffered early in the match.) However, they're probably just gonna use most of the extra hour to do some spontaneous in-ring promo segment between The Rock and The Authority as a way of further building towards Rock vs HHH at next year's Wrestlemania, so perhaps the tacked on fourth hour shouldn't really be an indication of anything special.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing, but why does this match just feel so dumb on paper? Is it different if you've really been keeping up with the TV?

It should seem so much more of a bigger and better deal than it is. They both had visual pinfalls over John Freaking Cena. Both guys have been the highlights of WWE for the past few months. Cesaro feels like he's getting the biggest rocketship in a while facing the hottest product... Why does this feel like filler?
I think because both cesaro and KO are on that awkward position of "Very threatening, but not really" Cesaro more on a long-term perspective and KO after losing the tie-breaker match.

They both need wins so they are not just "elite enhancement talent", I am confident they will eventually make KO the monster he's meant to be, and a little less so with cesaro. But other than that, their feud feels like two guys fighting for bronze medal. It's more bitter than sweet for me, as a fan.

Reactions: Snowman1

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Cesaro should have been Kevin Owens' first opponent for the United States Championship. I'm still completely bummed that Owens didn't walk away with the title and just ended up being another adversary that Cena triumphed over. I know losing the US Title and then immediately jumping into a feud over the WWE Championship would have seemed a bit off (especially if Cena is prepared to do the job for Rollins as well, which I'm sure he is), but still.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Meh, kinda give a shit because I want to see if WWE will fuck it up as Lesnar losing his streak right now would just be stupid AF and Rollins needs to beat Cena but somehow I just doubt it.

I'd like for some more new interesting matchups, y'know, the rumoured Sting match, something good with the Wyatts, Stardust/Miz vs Neville/Stephen Amell, something epic for the Intercontinental Championship to make it mean shit again and a big surprise match that gets me hyped.

Right now I'm more hyped for new episodes of The Flash. And it returns in October.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Rollins needs to beat Cena but somehow I just doubt it.

The goal for SS seems to be a Champion vs Champion match. But they haven't made it official (yet) and we don't know if titles will be defended.

If so... I've got a spoiler for you.

KxZpZ80.gif

Aaand, Sheamus (or KO or Randy or Cesaro, I think they'll end up doing a fatal four-way MITB briefcase match) cashes in and there you have your next WWE-WHC feud.

Cena vs [insert name] will be going down for the next 3-4 months during the WWE lull period.

Rollins turns babyface shortly after SummerSlam and hopefully faces Hunter at NOC.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The goal for SS seems to be a Champion vs Champion match. But they haven't made it official (yet) and we don't know if titles will be defended.

If so... I've got a spoiler for you.

KxZpZ80.gif

Aaand, Sheamus (or KO or Randy or Cesaro, I think they'll end up doing a fatal four-way MITB briefcase match) cashes in and there you have your next WWE-WHC feud.

Cena vs [insert name] will be going down for the next 3-4 months during the WWE lull period.

Rollins turns babyface shortly after SummerSlam and hopefully faces Hunter at NOC.

Haha, I was hoping for Rollins defending against Cena and then dropping the title to Lesnar. I don't really want babyface Rollins right now, unless it ends The Authority. And Rollins uses the Phoenix Splash more often. That looks godly.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Haha, I was hoping for Rollins defending against Cena and then dropping the title to Lesnar. I don't really want babyface Rollins right now, unless it ends The Authority. And Rollins uses the Phoenix Splash more often. That looks godly.

I doubt there'll be time for a Lesnar WWE-WHC win this year. It'd be nice, though!

I've got Taker winning at SS and writing Lesnar off TV till the Rumble at least.

I actually want babyface Rollins on post-SS Raw episode. Have Hunter attack him for losing the title the night before and there you have it.

As far as Phoenix Splash goes, it is a cool move... As well as that Superplex/Falcon Arrow combo he executed on Cena on this past week's Raw.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I doubt there'll be time for a Lesnar WWE-WHC win this year. It'd be nice, though!

I've got Taker winning at SS and writing Lesnar off TV till the Rumble at least.

I actually want babyface Rollins on post-SS Raw episode. Have Hunter attack him for losing the title the night before and there you have it.

As far as Phoenix Splash goes, it is a cool move... As well as that Superplex/Falcon Arrow combo he executed on Cena on this past week's Raw.
I'd kill for a Lesnar reign which leads to the end of Lesnar's own streak at WM32. Failing that, people cashing in briefcases and screwing Lesnar until WM33 when a new star finally beats Lesnar - but I see WM32 is the ideal time to beat Lesnar.

I could totally go with babyface Rollins after Survivor Series (assuming that's not Summerslam, in which case I think it's too early :p), I could go with a returning Bryan leading a team to finally take down The Authority, who could possibly gain the likes of Sheamus and/or Barrett to keep them looking strong. Bryan calls for Sting to help him and Triple H asks Rollins, who declines to even be present as Lesnar is back for his title and instead of asking Triple H to blow off the match, Rollins wants to finally legitimise his title reign by beating the Beast after Triple H lets down Rollins on RAW and Lesnar attacks him. An angry Triple H tells Rollins he had better win, and then calls for The New Age Outlaws, Barrett and Big Show for his team. Bryan and Sting, after calling for Ziggler, decide to book RAW where they have a bunch of qualifying matches for the last 2 places in their team. Goldust is back, and after Stardust had lost to Neville/Amell at Summerslam and remembering how his dad was screwed by Triple H, Cody Rhodes is too. They win the tournament and join Team Wrestling, leaving us with:

Team Authority (Triple H, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, Bad News Barrett and Big Show) vs Team Wrestling (Bryan, Sting, Ziggler, Goldust and Cody Rhodes)

During the match, Triple H calls for a bunch of NXT heels to take out remaining members of Team Wrestling (this makes sense as Triple H would offer them places on the main roster), but a bunch of faces who have been screwed by The Authority (Ambrose, Reigns, Maddox, Kane and Orton) stop them, allowing for Team Wrestling to pick up the win and end The Authority. Meanwhile, Rollins had lost his title to Lesnar on the show. On the next RAW, a pissed Triple H attacks Rollins and decides to go 1 on 1 with him while the WWE Board appoints someone even worse than Triple H as the authority figure - this could potentially lead to a Triple H face turn in late 2016 as well.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm semi-excited. Summerslam is normally one of the better PPVs of the year (often better than Wrestlemania itself is) and the event being four hours this year makes me think they'll try and pull out something special to make it as memorable as possible.

I have a vested interest in Brock vs Undertaker's rematch, mainly because I really, really don't want to see the Undertaker defeat Lesnar, and because I have hopes that they can have a much better match than the one they had at Wrestlemania XXX (which was seriously hindered by the concussion Taker suffered early in the match.) However, they're probably just gonna use most of the extra hour to do some spontaneous in-ring promo segment between The Rock and The Authority as a way of further building towards Rock vs HHH at next year's Wrestlemania, so perhaps the tacked on fourth hour shouldn't really be an indication of anything special.

After beating Rock for the Undisputed Title in 2002, and has now taken down Triple H, CM Punk, and suplexed the living hell out of Cena last year... Given the magnitude of many of his wins, think there might be any money in marketing Brock as the king of Summerslam or something like that?

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
God no. Just feed that info to Heyman and let him convey it the way only he can do.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
After beating Rock for the Undisputed Title in 2002, and has now taken down Triple H, CM Punk, and suplexed the living hell out of Cena last year... Given the magnitude of many of his wins, think there might be any money in marketing Brock as the king of Summerslam or something like that?

I'm surprised they haven't done something like this already. I think the most they've even mentioned his dominance at Summerslam has been a casual passing remark from Michael Cole once or twice, and I'm not even certain of that.

It's also why in hindsight I wish Brock had gone over Kurt Angle back at Summerslam '03. Angle winning made sense at the time, but a victory over him there would mean an undefeated streak at Summerslam for Brock, and despite the fact that it would have only been a 5-0 record, it's a pretty huge bragging right to say you've beaten The Rock, Kurt Angle, Triple H, CM Punk, and John Cena all at the same event.

It also would have been a pretty awesome thing to market going into his match with Undertaker this year. I mean, Taker wants revenge for the loss of his Wrestlemania streak, what better way to do that in his eyes than to hand Lesnar his first loss at Summerslam? On the other hand, beating Taker again means adding the same man whose streak you ended at Mania to your Summerslam record. (As it is, Brock's history at Summerslam is still impressive as hell, but that Angle loss just bugs me for that reason.)

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I won't make it live, but I do look forward to owning @Prince Bálor 's avatar and sig for a month. It really is a great card and i'm sure worth the 9.99 for WWE network. Subscribe today.

ETA: Bork wins, Rollins looks strong as hell in his match, and HHH is involved after. We get stuck with Kane vs Seth, while Bork and Heyman decline a #1 contender match while declaring Bork #1 contender. Borks owes no allegiance and will end up beating Sheamus before the RTWM if he appears at all. Sheamus has 0 chance of becoming WWE WHC Champ, a month max.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Would've been probably a MOTY Contender.

Well, it still could be considering they're still gonna compete against one another at Summerslam (it's pretty obvious at this point), just in a grudge match instead of a championship match.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I get that some of the matches thus far may not seem too exciting, but for fuck sake people are just tearing this PPV apart.

Brock and taker won't be horrible. It seems interesting as to what will happen. Will Brock kill taker again or will taker rise to the occasion? And the most recent promos and fights have been great.

Cena and Rollins will be fine. Not great but fine. The promos have been good. And the fact that both titles are on the like will be more than interesting. I want to see how this one plays out.

It looks like Owens will fight cesaro which would be awesome, too.

It doesn't seem to be the greatest line up ever but certainly not boring and worthy of tons of bashing.