Do you agree or disagree with WWE's logic for not pushing Bryan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't agree with your theory that WWE isn't planning to push dick butt
You think WWE hold Daniel Bryan in the same regard as Batista and company when it comes to making WWE money? It's no secret that size genuinely is a factor for WWE and smaller guys don't make Cena-territory. I'm surprised in your optimism for WWE booking that you think this apparent disregard for what the fans want is an elaborate plan to slow-push him and keep fans interested.

Reactions: Roadster

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Lol remember when D'z was optimistic after Zigglers match with ADR :dawg:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
well, that's what I think happened.

I've thought he was getting a big Mankia match all along, and most people are thinking be goes over HHH at this point

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lol remember when D'z was optimistic after Zigglers match with ADR :dawg:
Idk who you are lol

stupid phone no sigs or avatars

Ziggler booking is nonsense, can't blame myself for being excited even in retrospect

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
well, that's what I think happened.

I've thought he was getting a big Mankia match all along, and most people are thinking be goes over HHH at this point
HHH putting over Bryan? That wouldn't happen, even if HHH was injured.

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
They are pushing him. But they are pushing him in the "we're not pushing you (but we're actually pushing you)" sort of way

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Like 50% of this response is stolen from Dolph's. Direct your love and admiration towards him since clearly he needs even more of it.

Lets create this fictional character. Joe in Topeka. Joe's about 40, hasn't watched Raw in ages, and left his job at the gas station to go to the bar to have a cold one with his buddies, and on the TV he sees an ad for Wrestlemania, and he says to his buddies "Boy howdy, I remember loving that stuff, with the Hulk Hogans and the Ric Flairs and the Macho Mans and the urrrgggghhhh, I've gotta buy it!" Would Joe be more interested in seeing Batista vs Orton in that ad, or Bryan vs anyone? Probably the bigger guys, that's why they're going with Batista and Orton.

As wrestling fans, we should just give up on the concept of Wrestlemania. It's easy to get caught up in the spectacle and the grandeur of the whole thing, but they know it's a cash grab that random people will buy every year and they'll want to capitalize and attract however many random people they can get. We have the Raw after Mania and even Extreme Rules that we can be happy about. So when thinking about it more, I don't think it's that they don't think Bryan is a draw, it's more about getting Joe interested. And your point is sadly pretty valid when it comes to that, Crayo.

Anyway, right now I think they see him - correctly - as a ratings draw (since he seems to always main-event Raw) but not so much of a PPV draw. The only way they can draw buys is having kids nag their parents to shell out $50, for most of us it's too much to ask with a stream being a few clicks away. But the Network should change everything. The Network is basically an IWC dream - getting classic and current wrestling content on the go for 10 bucks - so keeping the wrestling fans happy becomes much better for business than it ever was before. Daniel Bryan and other guys who are actually relevant in 2014 getting the ball and running with it equal Network buys from "smart fans" who are actually smart.

TL/DR: For random people, yes. Weather the WM storm and see what happens.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just don't see how anyone can say he hasn't or isn't being pushed. Maybe not the push the marks want, a Rumble win and a WM ME, but he has been the most pushed guy of we go by WWE weekly tv time. People need to get over this notion that WWE needs to book everything exactly how they want it or they shit on everything.

I mean for gods sake if I told DB fans 5 years ago about the 2013 he was going to have you probably wouldn't even believe me.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
In terms of being a potential long term face of the company (i.e. the person they want as THE GUY for the next 5-6 years or more), I can see why they wouldn't put any real faith in Daniel Bryan as a potential replacement for John Cena. But I don't agree with how they haven't made him champion at all yet and think it's ridiculous how they're dragging ass with giving Bryan his big moment. Never before has someone had this much momentum and yet had to wait so long to get just one, actual run with the belt. Guys like Savage, Warrior, Michaels, Austin, Cena, Batista, etc. all won the championship within a year (or just barely over a year) after they caught fire with fans in a huge way. Bryan's been this over for nearly two years and still nothing.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I don't care if he is the top guy I just want to see him get a lengthy decent title reign he deserves. He can work a match with anyone of any style and is loved by the fans and this should be be rewarded.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
I think the whole degrading Bryan thing is part of his push, tbh. WWE is not thinking "Let's just not push Bryan, he's not over with the fans."

madmax123

Jobber
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan is the best mat wrestler on the planet and one of its best entertainers. Long after the "Yes" chants have died out, Bryan will be dropkicking his way into wrestling history books.

With Bryan as a key member of its core roster, WWE's future is bright.

The American Dragon keeps diehard fans interested and dazzles casual fans with his wrestling expertise.

In a way, Bryan is this generation's Chris Benoit, a fantastic worker who makes every match a story, sliding fans' butts to the edge of their seats.

Though Bryan will never have the mainstream appeal of a Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin, he is more charismatic than Benoit, a true star. He's recently been shining as much outside of the ring as he has inside, making him doubly valuable.