Do you agree or disagree with WWE's logic for not pushing Bryan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
. He's recently been shining as much outside of the ring as he has inside, making him doubly valuable.
DB does not shine outside the ring IMO, his character is the drizzling shits. I would venture to guess more find him dull when not wrestling than find him to be 'shining'

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
he will the new face of wwe...admit it bro and RR is just new to WWE so he gotta wait and show some mic skills.

View attachment 925
I can never picture DB as the face of the WWE. And judging by his booking, neither can they. Reigns on the other hand? I think most people would name him as the most likely successor to Cena at this point among people on the active roster.

madmax123

Jobber
Reaction score
yeah true but wwe should break shied and make them compete individually. Then you see some good shit happening also RR can throw some mic skills.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
yeah true but wwe should break shied and make them compete individually. Then you see some good shit happening also RR can throw some mic skills.
They are definitely in the midst of a break up. Most of us here are hoping for a Shield triple threat match at Mania, and obviously Reigns would go over there (though honestly I wouldn't mind Rollins rolling up Amrbose to steal a win or something like that for a swerve)

Reactions: madmax123

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hogan's about to load up on Busch and M&Ms, jack.

madmax123

Jobber
Reaction score
WWE thinks BIG BODY BUILDERS should be in MAIN EVENT PICTURE and not some tiny toddlers like PUNK and BRYAN!

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Like 50% of this response is stolen from Dolph's. Direct your love and admiration towards him since clearly he needs even more of it.

Lets create this fictional character. Joe in Topeka. Joe's about 40, hasn't watched Raw in ages, and left his job at the gas station to go to the bar to have a cold one with his buddies, and on the TV he sees an ad for Wrestlemania, and he says to his buddies "Boy howdy, I remember loving that stuff, with the Hulk Hogans and the Ric Flairs and the Macho Mans and the urrrgggghhhh, I've gotta buy it!" Would Joe be more interested in seeing Batista vs Orton in that ad, or Bryan vs anyone? Probably the bigger guys, that's why they're going with Batista and Orton.

As wrestling fans, we should just give up on the concept of Wrestlemania. It's easy to get caught up in the spectacle and the grandeur of the whole thing, but they know it's a cash grab that random people will buy every year and they'll want to capitalize and attract however many random people they can get. We have the Raw after Mania and even Extreme Rules that we can be happy about. So when thinking about it more, I don't think it's that they don't think Bryan is a draw, it's more about getting Joe interested. And your point is sadly pretty valid when it comes to that, Crayo.

Anyway, right now I think they see him - correctly - as a ratings draw (since he seems to always main-event Raw) but not so much of a PPV draw. The only way they can draw buys is having kids nag their parents to shell out $50, for most of us it's too much to ask with a stream being a few clicks away. But the Network should change everything. The Network is basically an IWC dream - getting classic and current wrestling content on the go for 10 bucks - so keeping the wrestling fans happy becomes much better for business than it ever was before. Daniel Bryan and other guys who are actually relevant in 2014 getting the ball and running with it equal Network buys from "smart fans" who are actually smart.

TL/DR: For random people, yes. Weather the WM storm and see what happens.
Wait wait wait...I started to agree with you until you said this: "Would Joe be more interested in seeing Batista vs Orton in that ad, or Bryan vs anyone? Probably the bigger guys, that's why they're going with Batista and Orton."

That's not true at all. Batista and Orton are headlining simply because of backstage politics and being friends with Triple H. I'd lay my life on that statement. Furthermore, Shawn Michaels is a tiny guy and he headlined Mania numerous times, even against Stone Cole Steve Austin. This has nothing to do with appealing to "Joe," rather this a political agenda.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I can never picture DB as the face of the WWE. And judging by his booking, neither can they. Reigns on the other hand? I think most people would name him as the most likely successor to Cena at this point among people on the active roster.
I'm cutting in again, but sorry I have to. Reigns is very talented and should be a top main eventer for sure. But so should DB. How often do you see guys like DB on top? We've seen guys like Reigns on top 1,000 of times and although I love Reigns, he's just like a lot of other bigger guys. DB is great at getting emotionally invested in storylines and making it seem personal to him. He's not amazing on the mic, sure. But his in ring work makes up for it as well as his appeal to like every WWE fan.