Do people mock you for being a wrestling fan outside of this forum?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
So in real life guise, do you friends, coworkers, or school mates mock you for being a wrestling fan? I wear my shirts to school and the gym and some tend to get a kick out of it. Doesn't really bother me because I tend to push back too.

So, how do you retort?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well most of mine don't know. The ones that do are either fans themselves or they don't care. There is one but we joke about it being fake cause... well it is.

So yeah there is no mocking or anything like that for me to deal with.

Besides I have a belt... I AM A CHAMPION!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I never get mocked, I just get asked stupid questions from casuals.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Nah, never get mocked but people always said "oh why do you watch it? it's fake" and all that crap a couple years ago. I do wear WWE T-Shirts in public a fair bit. A lot of the good ones stand out and people notice them.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Back when I was in high school probably 4 years ago I used to get crap about it but I've always had a sharp tongue and faster wit so after awhile everyone knew I could make them look stupid at the drop of a dime. I've never been the strongest of the bunch but as a charismatic nerd I could out smart most people who talked down on it especially if they brought up mma or how it was fake. I'd talk shit if they brought up mma but I actually like it and half of the shit i say about it I make up but I'm convincing enough in the moment. I do wear shirts all the time and occasionally I'll get looks but people who tend to go out of their way to shit on things typically don't have a good life so what the hell do I care if some stranger thinks its gay or fake.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
No. I also don't go around advertising it by wearing lame wwe merchandise. If there's a valid reason to get teased for being a wrestling fan, that would be it.

Vivido

Reaction score
Most people I know don't know I watch it it, the few that do know I watch it don't really care. My family gives me a bit of hard time, when i lived at home there was noway it was allowed on in the lounge.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Nobody I know cares sometimes they ask why I don't watch this show or that show instead. Simple answer I torrent the good shit. Not really sure that too many people treat wrestling that way anymore I remember it being like that in the mid 90s but by the late 90's even people I didn't know that knew I watched would ask me questions acting like they really enjoyed it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I dont tell anyone I'm a wrestling fan, so no.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
No. I also don't go around advertising it by wearing lame wwe merchandise. If there's a valid reason to get teased for being a wrestling fan, that would be it.

how so? a lot of new wwe t-shirts have great designs. you ashamed to be a wrestling fan?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I wear wrestling shirts with half naked men on there all the time so I can understand some of this to a point. I still never get bothered about it.

Deuce

Reaction score
Nope, no one really cares, I get the occasional friends that ask me plenty questions about it but that's about it.

Aniking

Reaction score
I only told one of my mates I watch wrestling about a month or two ago, only because he randomly brought it up because his dorkish brother and roommates were talking about it. He was cool with it because he watched it when he was a kid and still knew a lot of names, so I felt comfortable telling him. Nobody else knows other than my brothers and parents.

The only thing I own that's wrestling related are one or two DVDs and a game. I used to have three of them but I traded them in because I never played them.

It's not that I'm ashamed of being a wrestling fan, it's more the fact it's not the most popular thing to follow in Australia. It's not something people tend to openly admit. I know there's Australians who have posted in this thread saying they wear the shirts and all that, but it's a rarity for me. I would've copped crazy amounts of shit a few years ago when I hung around immature blokes, so I've always pretended to know absolutely nothing about wrestling. I'm not feeding the dogs.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I only have one friend who watches wrestling and a bunch of others who used to but grew out of it. Most people know I'm a wrestling fan but I never bring up discussions about it since I know no one else cares. The stigma has never bothered me but wrestling is still seen as an obscure, niche interest, so rarely can I find a discussion outside of web forums.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I don't own any shirts obviously cause most of them look bad. but I have considered some cause they look "normal" enough to pass like the Orton gas mask shirt and there was another Orton shirt. But yeah... I don't advertise it either... that's just asking for it.