Did the WWE completely destroy the "CM Punk leaving" angle last year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Because he's 7 feet tall and has a look.

We know that. But he looked old, sluggish, unable to perform to his old way. I believe it was disgraceful and he wanted the spotlight again. I would be lying to say I fully watched the rest of the angle unfold. Atleast Ric Flair can still make it work. IMHO.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
We know that. But he looked old, sluggish, unable to perform to his old way. I believe it was disgraceful and he wanted the spotlight again. I would be lying to say I fully watched the rest of the angle unfold. Atleast Ric Flair can still make it work. IMHO.
Kevin Nash was brought back because the fans marked out like little girls when he made his entrance at the Royal Rumble.

I should know as I was there.

Also Nash was more or less buried by Triple H so it wasn't really an ego boaster either. TBH I'm mad we never got to see the Punk/Nash match.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they could have waited it out at least a month longer. Would have loved to see a Cena/Rey rematch at Summerslam and then have Punk return at the end of the show or at the next Raw. But nowadays, they have such a short attention span and they wanted to strike while the iron was hot, that they pretty much screwed up the whole thing.

Oh well. It was amazing while it lasted (all of 3 weeks).

In an ideal world, that's exactly what would have happened. Rey/Cena at Summerslam to crown the new champ, rematch the next night in San Diego, then Punk returns to set up the Undisputed match at Night of Champions (far more fitting a show, no?). Del Rio cashes in at NOC thanks to Nash, Punk feuds with Nash until SS, Cena with Del Rio.

The problem was simply the timing. WWE couldn't afford to have the hottest name in wrestling at the time sitting on the shelf for Summerslam, their second biggest PPV of the year. Especially following the success of the Money in the Bank angle. It'd be great to let Punk continue doing his own media work to continue the angle, but he'd only be indirectly plugging the PPV. It was far to risky financially at the time. Had this angle happened just after Wrestlemania, it'd have worked perfectly since no one gives a fuck about those shows.

It's a double edged sword. Rush the angle but make more money, or drag it out but risk making less?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Kevin Nash was brought back because the fans marked out like little girls when he made his entrance at the Royal Rumble.

Also Nash was more or less buried by Triple H so it wasn't really an ego boaster either. TBH I'm mad we never got to see the Punk/Nash match.

It didn't happen because Nash had some goddamn health issue of course. If Nash was healthy, the match would have happened.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

They didn't mark for Kevin Nash they marked for Diesel

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Enforcer

Reaction score
Different character = different reaction

Ok, so if the nWo music played and Kevin Nash came out to that everyone wouldn't have Marked out just as hard... if not harder? Really? I would bet money if the nWo music hit and Nash came out the roof would have blown off just as hard, if not harder!

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah inferno that is a ludicrous statement...they love Nash period...

if he came out as Vinnie Vegas they would have marked just as hard....I would have came tbh

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah inferno that is a ludicrous statement...they love Nash period...

if he came out as Vinnie Vegas they would have marked just as hard....I would have came tbh

He was hardly in WWF as Kevin Nash

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He was hardly in WWF as Kevin Nash

So you think all the fans there had never watched WCW? They only watched WWE/F so they had no clue who Kevin Nash is? Kind of an idiotic statement.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So you think all the fans there had never watched WCW? They only watched WWE/F so they had no clue who Kevin Nash is? Kind of an idiotic statement.

I'm not saying they don't know who Nash is but they like Diesel more