Devitt is coming

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Keep the cat's name, have him do an angle with King Lawler; retire King Lawler.

You're welcome

natasha18

Jobber
Reaction score
I have seen Devitt in a few matches and seems pretty good. I think these videos show 'his best'. I am interested in seeing what he can do on NXT. I would love for there to be a new big dog in the ring. Fresh meat never hurts. ... Plus he is pretty good looking as well.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

Didn't know that he had a shoot coming. So tempted to buy this.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
So where do you guys see the Prince's ceiling? I see him becoming a midcard staple,especially with one World title floating around. He's got the ring work and mannerisms to really piss people off as a heel, he's shown that many times of the years but I don't see that special IT factor you need to rise to the very tippy top of a world title reign in a world with one belt. If they split the belts up then yeah he could get a B reign but I don't see him ever being the man with a sole title. He could get ridiculously over so they don't have a choice but I doubt he'll be the first pick however he has experience of making a secondary belt feel huge as in his main reigns in the Jr HW division over in Japan.

Stopspot

Reaction score
My logical side tells me his ceiling is in the upper midcard with the occasional main event run. I could see him get one top title run, but only a short one to drop it to a big babyface like Sheik when he won it only to drop it to Hogan. And I'd be fine with that.

But he is the "wrestling chameleon" so he might chock us all.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
My logical side tells me his ceiling is in the upper midcard with the occasional main event run. I could see him get one top title run, but only a short one to drop it to a big babyface like Sheik when he won it only to drop it to Hogan. And I'd be fine with that.

But he is the "wrestling chameleon" so he might chock us all.

I suppose he could take the Bryan route of a heel who's so good they don't have a choice.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Stopspot

Reaction score
I suppose he could take the Bryan route of a heel who's so good they don't have a choice.
Isn't that kind of what always happens with "import talent". People always put ceilings on them (Punk, Bryan being prime examples) but they end up taking us all for a curveball.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
HHH may try and do something different. It isn't a foregone conclusion that HHH would make decisions Vince would not.
Vince allowed HHH to bring Ric Flair back, when Vince was clearly against it.
I'm not expecting drastic changes in WWE's overall philosophy, but HHH's values aren't completely symmetrical to Vince's.

Stopspot

Reaction score
10489662_814653475223588_2408185206897177824_n.jpg

Triple H @TripleH
[HASHTAG]#WWE[/HASHTAG] Universe: take a look at the future. Pleased to welcome @fergaldevitt to @WWENXT

@seabs He in good hands.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
10489662_814653475223588_2408185206897177824_n.jpg

Triple H @TripleH
[HASHTAG]#WWE[/HASHTAG] Universe: take a look at the future. Pleased to welcome @fergaldevitt to @WWENXT

@seabs He in good hands.
I would be surprised if they fuck it up now, not everyday you get the main guy to say you're the future, nice :) Hopefully he is also part of the 'present' :p

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Drew Mac was the chosen one and they gave up on him way too soon.
Yeah, he definitely looks like the Rabid Wolverine.
The more intense Michael Cole makes him out to be, the more he'll be like the Crippler.
It isn't a bad thing, I don't mind. They could outright refer to him as his son and I wouldn't bat an eye.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Drew Mac was the chosen one and they gave up on him way too soon.
Yeah, he definitely looks like the Rabid Wolverine.
The more intense Michael Cole makes him out to be, the more he'll be like the Crippler.
It isn't a bad thing, I don't mind. They could outright refer to him as his son and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Pretty sure Vinnie Mac would have a stroke if they did :p