Devitt is coming

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't think it's justified to fear for indy guys at this point. HHH is clearly a mark, definitely caught all nights of G1 this past week :dawg:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I don't think it's justified to fear for indy guys at this point. HHH is clearly a mark, definitely caught all nights of G1 this past week :dawg:
Indy guy or not, WWE is going to judge (harshly) at each and every talent that walks through the doors at Titan Towers.
Punk was judged, Austin was judged and The Rock were all judged rightly or wrongly.
Whether those expectations are small or large, Devitt must exceed those particular expectations or be seen as a failure.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Of course it is, Cesaro has hardly been booked consistently well since WM season, Hero was dropped for various reasons etc. Just because Bryan,Rollins and Ambrose have made it hardly means every indy talent is gonna be used well in anything above NXT.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Of course it is, Cesaro has hardly been booked consistently well since WM season, Hero was dropped for various reasons etc. Just because Bryan,Rollins and Ambrose have made it hardly means every indy talent is gonna be used well in anything above NXT.
Cesaro is hardly a complete package and Hero got fat.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Cesaro is hardly a complete package and Hero got fat.
Cesaro was really getting over around Mania and has arguably the greatest manager of all time to cover his weakness yet he's doing nothing. Hero was horribly booked for most of his time in NXT, as I said a variety of reasons.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Cesaro was really getting over around Mania and has arguably the greatest manager of all time to cover his weakness yet he's doing nothing. Hero was horribly booked for most of his time in NXT, as I said a variety of reasons.
I will say that I don't believe Cesaro's expectations were ever that high, but your point is valid.
If you're asking me why Cesaro isn't better positioned, I'd say its because uni-dimensional.
He's older and more and has less layers than Bray Wyatt and every member of the Shield.
Cesaro is great. I enjoy his work a lot, but he's a one trick pony.
Out of all the Indy guys, he's the one whose needed two managers to try and get him over.

Who is Cesaro? What is he passionate about? We don't know because he hasn't really told us. Fans want that investment.
For every other Indy guy WWE has had, those questions have been answered by the Indy guy himself.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I just think there's a much bigger chance they will at this point. As you said, a few guys haven't made it (and whatever they're doing with Cesaro right now), but there are quite a few who have. I think the fact that they're indy guys isn't going to cause them any harm is the point I'm trying to make here.

Indy guy or not, WWE is going to judge (harshly) at each and every talent that walks through the doors at Titan Towers.
Punk was judged, Austin was judged and The Rock were all judged rightly or wrongly.
Whether those expectations are small or large, Devitt must exceed those particular expectations or be seen as a failure.
Sure, I'm just saying that the fact that they made their name on the indies first isn't a bad thing. Sometimes (not here in particular, but you see this stuff around) people talk like WWE goes out of their way to make sure indy guys won't succeed, which isn't the case. It's fine to speculate whether any talent is going to do well or not, sure, but the indy factor doesn't make a difference.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I just think there's a much bigger chance they will at this point. As you said, a few guys haven't made it (and whatever they're doing with Cesaro right now), but there are quite a few who have. I think the fact that they're indy guys isn't going to cause them any harm is the point I'm trying to make here.

Sure, I'm just saying that the fact that they made their name on the indies first isn't a bad thing. Sometimes (not here in particular, but you see this stuff around) people talk like WWE goes out of their way to make sure indy guys won't succeed, which isn't the case. It's fine to speculate whether any talent is going to do well or not, sure, but the indy factor doesn't make a difference.
Agreed. The territorial days brought about the best product anyways.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
http://www.wwe.com/videos/fergal-dev...aug-4-26544375

First interview. So soft spoken when not promoing.

82db25408d312de5b3281a9562ca5103.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
31816014b0244d86aff42efb07ca1a0a.jpg

Kinda cool, thought I'd share that.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
This is an awesome time for NXT. KENTA, Devitt, Steen? Maybe, Zayn, Breeze etc... Going to be a golden few months in development.