Death on the Nile [A Detective Adventure Part II]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It could well be. I apologise if I misconstrued anything. If you’re saying that’s not your defence though, can you share what is?
same, i know things get heated. and my defense is the one ive stated before and explored thru the night. ive hmm n hawwed but the more weve spoken (the entire group) the more im thinking tpein is just town with a bad result. obviously part of that is knowing my own alignment, part of that is that with Ace's flip it doesn't really make sense for tpein to be lying and having 2 poireau makes sense to me. why he got a bad result is the question i was discussing the most with smark last night, as knowing if his results will be correct going forward is an annoying thing to wonder. i suppose another possibility is I just got lawyered on n1, but I obviously have no way to prove that outside again, simply knowing that I am town.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don’t doubt his role. You were lynched and flip town, so I absolutely believe that you got the information that you claimed you did.

Where I’m not sure - and Jeff being pinged by someone I believe to be a regular cop is a big reason for me being not sure - is whether the information you did receive was legitimate. I don’t know if Jeff as mafia would have been able to choose the names (certainly works with what I suspect has happened with him and Doddsy) and you’re then told one of them if mafia when none of them are. I don’t know.

What I’d like to be certain of though is that if Jeff is town, the game mod didn’t pick and choose the names you did get and they were randomised.
correct and they are randomized at dawn, according to our dearest host

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
because yes i obviously asked if its possible to get a dead name in the list and sadly no :heston

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I certainly am not going to hedge all my bets on Pein with a guilty lol.

If you see my earlier post, I said it would be suicidal of him to counter claim the role and suggest another target. He's doubled down on it too. Tripled even.

I'm conflicted cos I have Jeff as a town read. Who knows.
Well yeah, this is where I'm at too, I'm fairly sure he's town and don't think he's game-throwing so I want to know what kind of cop he is.

There is one thing I would absolutely love to happen tonight but I might be hoping for a bit too much lol, ask me about it when night flips

Reactions: Lethal

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Ok so I'm gonna go get some sleep. Lethal is tired. Let's see how everything is in the am.

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
As for the game itself, I’m very suspicious of those wanting to ignore Pein’s result on Jeff. There’s nothing to suggest that Pein’s claim or result is not legit. Saying he’s someone who likes to troll is an absolutely pitiful reason to dismiss their result and input.

If people want to focus on Jeff’s group of three then that’s fine as well, I guess. I’m happy to go through whatever I need to. Again though, seems like SA’s only defence is that it’s not them and it’s one of the other two, rather than anything they’ve actually done in the game. Need to see a lot more from them when day starts and hopefully sayer shows up as well if it’s going to be between the three of us.

What I’d like to know is why Jeff’s group is being focused on when there’s a question looming over his own alignment? There’s a chance here that Jeff was just able to plant that list and none of the players on it are actually mafia.
You worried about Jeff's list? Because I'm not.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah my problem is I read Jeff as town, but I did also see him as indie. That info then legitimized him. I don't see him getting a role like that he can screw with. His role seems designed to support the cop (as we already had the cop variant) not undermine it. So how was Ace's result wrong is the big question. Because I would think that if it was tampered with buy scum (and not mechanics) then Tpein is scum. But we don't know so we can't do anything about Tpein. I just think Jeff role has to be legit.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Yeah my problem is I read Jeff as town, but I did also see him as indie. That info then legitimized him. I don't see him getting a role like that he can screw with. His role seems designed to support the cop (as we already had the cop variant) not undermine it. So how was Ace's result wrong is the big question. Because I would think that if it was tampered with buy scum (and not mechanics) then Tpein is scum. But we don't know so we can't do anything about Tpein. I just think Jeff role has to be legit.

Ace was an inverse cop. That’s why he got you as mafia.

We don’t know if Pein’s result is right, but given that Ace’s was inverse, I think Pein is normal.

Reactions: RDK

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Aces role was wrong by design. His results were always going to be reversed, he just didn't know it.

For t-peins role to be the same as that you'd have to think Juice really wanted to fuck with town because you're basically misclearing people or mislynching people as town through no fault of your own and through TWO different roles. I don't really buy it

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Aces role was wrong by design. His results were always going to be reversed, he just didn't know it.

For t-peins role to be the same as that you'd have to think Juice really wanted to fuck with town because you're basically clearing people or mislynching people as town through no fault of your own and through TWO different roles. I don't really buy it
I forgot when I went to bed.

Sister Abigail

Reaction score
I don’t like them. They’ve come in and just said that it’s not them and it therefore has to be one of the other two. In fact, I think they’re doing what you are accusing me of in terms of not contributing much. I’m here and answering questions, making my case with reasoning and attempting to convince others that I’m not the one.

If you are town, then that slot seems pretty locked on as mafia for me. If you’re mafia, I’m left wondering still whether we can trust the role or not and whether all three names are town.
I mean, I can't possibly have an opinion on Holt's slot because he has a single post, one that kind of stonks because he talked about redemption and then just peaced. I obviously know my alignment and am not going to waste my time explaining or laying out a case as to why I am Town for others. I also disagree I haven't contributed much. I think there's been a clear effort of me trying to catchup in a game where I wasn't even around D1 due to not knowing it had started. I've given reads, said who I'd vote for and who I wouldn't, and have responded to people when they've talked to me. Due to me missing the start of this game, I'm not going to be a leader so I'm doing my best to let people know where my intentions lay. I don't think your defense has been great during the night and you look jumpy and ready to swing back, instead of rationally and calmly talking on accusations. I can't help that I'm in Jeff's lost of three. If his ability doesn't have any mistakes, I'm undoubtedly going to be sussed the rest of the game and I just have to live with that. You, however, seem a bit keen to wiggle right now.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
ACE MARVEL HAS BEEN MODKILLED

1PuQ68KgKk9nlgNoptwWFHul2gdSIvLYMCDCm4ZTXOLKjRFAvGLFdRigXiEwkDg9Oh4EYgyfsZKec7YH8JKIYAGwKl12ERro_T271pFsL1rFXvMDmCvv6i8PpeWost5O14xsp6rzCPpucSPJ2swj2AWC3V0BZxyWWvn4MOjxLF6JockeStkLtrYjhA

You are Hercule Poirot [Suchet-verse]
You are the world’s greatest detective - who does his greatest work at night. You are the town’s cop.

You visit one person every night and you receive a report with that person’s alignment.

You are TOWN ALIGNED and win when ALL THREATS to the train have been eliminated

COP REVEAL
Inverse Cop
Results are the opposite of what they should be. (Once the player realizes they are Inverse, they can produce effective results by reporting the opposite of what they discover.
i would theorize though that two inverse cops does make sense because of the last part. how else would the realize they are the inverse cop? if their guilty flipped town theres a reasonable amount of scum roles that can do that. having one inverse cop flipping could be the solve to the other knowing. i think thats equally valid of a theory than saying two inverse cops in a bad setup and rdk essentially saying "my friend big man would not approve this" . also both what i am doing above and what rdk is doing is also setup spec so grain of salt even saying all this

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I mean, I can't possibly have an opinion on Holt's slot because he has a single post, one that kind of stonks because he talked about redemption and then just peaced. I obviously know my alignment and am not going to waste my time explaining or laying out a case as to why I am Town for others. I also disagree I haven't contributed much. I think there's been a clear effort of me trying to catchup in a game where I wasn't even around D1 due to not knowing it had started. I've given reads, said who I'd vote for and who I wouldn't, and have responded to people when they've talked to me. Due to me missing the start of this game, I'm not going to be a leader so I'm doing my best to let people know where my intentions lay. I don't think your defense has been great during the night and you look jumpy and ready to swing back, instead of rationally and calmly talking on accusations. I can't help that I'm in Jeff's lost of three. If his ability doesn't have any mistakes, I'm undoubtedly going to be sussed the rest of the game and I just have to live with that. You, however, seem a bit keen to wiggle right now.
You wouldn't be sussed the rest of the game for being in Jeff's list unless you were scum...