Death Note Mafia - Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Oh, I think the sarcastic responses and just shrugging them off is part of the nervous tell as he's resorted to humour instead of biting back with game reasons if you follow? I think if he was being coached, he'd have a bit more focus on the play. Like, the Rugrat post about "that's for me to know and you to find out" is troll bait.

I get what you mean about the weight of scum being off though, definitely worth considering.
I generally consider lack of freedom to be more likely to come with a scum slot especially on a lesser player

Reactions: Evans

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
But why would Banez just say fuck it and claim that too lmao indy bus driver does fit tho

im inclined to think banez is non-scum based on the theme knowledge being spouted so far.

Is indy bus driver a common thing? I can't imagine its particularly common or beneficial to indy so that would imply town

This is noteworthy.

Reactions: Tweet

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Hard disagree on all of this, I'm with smark. Absolutely no sense in faking opinions on utter fluff, doing so would make you look bad.

Very weak reasoning for a town read

For the Poyser/Smark discussion about Ace - I think Poysers logic is spot on, you wouldn't expect a scum player to come in and say "hey guys, I've got nothing" and then walk out. But Ace has proven himself to be very good at blending in as scum and I don't think dropping that and letting the WIFOM of "would he do that as scum" do its job.

I think it's NAI for Ace.

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
fwiw I think you’re scum because you confirmed your own meta. I asked what you’d do as scum if there was “nothing to provide thoughts on” and your answer was fluff along with them, which is exactly what you’d do. As town I’d expect you to try and move the game along in between the fluff and ask the questions you normally do to try and get into others’ mindsets. You didn’t start doing that until after you came back which is usually how you do it as scum (wait until there’s more content)

Did the Banez wagon change this thought?

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
As for who I feel the worst about rn, Banez and Doddsy. I think Poyser made a good point WRT Banez, I thought it was odd that he asked for a summary right after commenting on a mod warning (which I assumed meant he was already caught up), unsure about the meta being that Banez prides himself on reading the thread that Poyser brought up but if that's true then that's pretty damning from that exchange too.

@Poyser - I haven't seen a vote count on my readback at this point, but it was pre-claim for Banez and before the wagon. I don't see the need for Chris to distance himself with a post like this on Banez at that point in the thread. IMO this gives credence to the early bus.

The timing of Banez showing up just as you were starting to push Smark as scum stood out to me but I think that's just me looking for scum intentions there as opposed to it being anything.

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Guys I am seriously not that interesting :heston:

This was a weird post to me given my replicating town game involved constantly giving fake thoughts whereas in this scenario I did the exact opposite.

Not to say that I couldn't adjust my scum game but it felt to me like you were using what you could think of to make your point, rather than actually reasoning.

Here it is.
Finished.

JKJK.

Tweet feels forced is the biggest thing sticking out so far. I'll dig back in a second to highlight it since I forgot to quote those posts.

I'm null on Poyser - his logic on me does make sense on a simple level regarding my previous town game vs making an entrance like I did. But it feels a bit too simple for him who would surely have acknowledged the potential WIFOM in the situation. Kinda feels like low-hanging fruit, but I'm not convicted enough on that to give a full scum lean.

I think Gambitto is town because I think latching onto Poyser's point feels a bit too risky as it could easily be called out for goodguying down the line. So minor townlean for that.

Smark null because I'm uncertain if Smark is overcompensating or if Smark is just playing Smark game. The fact that Smark was cognizant of his usual over-active game as town and inactive game as scum may be a point he'd bring up as someone trying to do a 180 on that.

Barry still feels ok although nothing concrete and, unlike others, Banez hasn't really rung any of my proverbial bells.

CP were you town or scum in the half-game again?

If you're not on this list I've forgotten you posted so soz

So this post splits me into two minds.

One, I've already established that I think there was something weird about the Banez wagon, subsequent tap out and suspecting an early bus. If Ace was scum, this post would suggest that he isn't bussing Banez. Some of these points are going against the grain too such as Tweet, Poyser and Barry.

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Two, is he trying to protect Banez?

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I'd argue he's more likely to be indy because he doesn't give a shit about Kira.

Just noting people who tried to push Banez as indie prior to his lynch.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Just noting people who tried to push Banez as indie prior to his lynch.

Never claimed Banez himself was indy, but more likely his character was.

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I'm going to go ahead and retract an earlier statement of mine that with Banez' flip, it's likely that the scum team don't have theme knowledge. I don't think this is true anymore.

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Never claimed Banez himself was indy, but more likely his character was.

Yeah, I get that.

You were giving credence to the notion that Banez' Ryuk claim fits the ongoing indy spec. Not pushing it yourself :)

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Smark is very argumentative, did you folks forget?

One of, if not both of, Evans Jr / Rugrat are town. Don’t see that interaction happening as scum m8s. Banez feels town to me since he’s actually doing stuff, not sure what his deal with Haza is though. Doddsy’s actually posting subsistence, which I give +1.

Poyser doesn't feel like his usual TOWN LEADER self.

What posts from Banez felt like he was doing stuff to you?

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Well not a big fan of evans’ vote for one, that much should be obvious

just seems like it built too easily tho

you seem against the early bus but you agreed here that the wagon built way too fast. How do you feel about the wagon at this point in time?

Status
Not open for further replies.