Dear America, Please Learn.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ermmmm......

Paul%20Ince%20and%20Terry%20Butcher%20bleed%20for%20England.jpg

Pete

Reaction score
Oi! Cawkney iz too English yer bugger!

Seriously though, we call what Mexicans speak LATIN AMERICAN Spanish. As opposed to Castillian ('Spanish' Spanish). Just like Portuguese v Brazilian Portuguese. Just like AmEng v BrEng.

I personally like the English strand better (even though my accent is American) because of the manifold ways to call somebody an idiot. Let's compare and contrast:

American English - Idiot, blueberry, jerk, asshole, douchebag, prick, dick, jackass, moron
British English - Idiot, blueberry, wanker, bugger, sod, tosser, wally, twat, twit, knob, cunt, douchebag, prick, moron, arse

Has another flavour, doesn't it?

I also LOL when Americans tell me I make spelling mistakes because I spell it 'colour' and 'centre'.

I find it amusing that the English feel they own the language. So what if American's use different terms, are you seriously that butthurt? That's like an American telling an Englishmen that he doesn't like how the Englishmen's teeth are crooked, or just look fucked. This just makes the English look like a bunch of douchebags.

Same thing with the Portuguese in regards to the Brazilians, really. It's OUR language (even though personally, I think THEY make the most of it).

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Seriously, I am American, but I don't give a shit. My English is butchered well enough since I'm half Serbian and I speak my own language, which you may have noticed, because not only that I make spelling and grammar mistakes, but I have a very weird, yet American accent. And seriously I don't care. I consider myself equally American and Serbian, even though I can't speak Serbian well. Okay, I lied. I consider myself more American since I grew up there, but still. AmEng is the language I was taught to talk and Serbian is the language they attempted to teach me and the language that fucked my English up a bit.

Ryan

Reaction score
Oi! Cawkney iz too English yer bugger!

Seriously though, we call what Mexicans speak LATIN AMERICAN Spanish. As opposed to Castillian ('Spanish' Spanish). Just like Portuguese v Brazilian Portuguese. Just like AmEng v BrEng.

I personally like the English strand better (even though my accent is American) because of the manifold ways to call somebody an idiot. Let's compare and contrast:

American English - Idiot, blueberry, jerk, asshole, douchebag, prick, dick, jackass, moron
British English - Idiot, blueberry, wanker, bugger, sod, tosser, wally, twat, twit, knob, cunt, douchebag, prick, moron, arse

Has another flavour, doesn't it?

I also LOL when Americans tell me I make spelling mistakes because I spell it 'colour' and 'centre'.

Same thing with the Portuguese in regards to the Brazilians, really. It's OUR language (even though personally, I think THEY make the most of it).

Twat, cunt, douchebag and prick are on a higher level of insult than idiot in America. Try calling a girl a cunt here... they won't take it quite as well as if you just call them an idiot.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
AFL (Australian sport) > Soccer

536137_291833757570300_258629594224050_646103_1620438941_n.jpg

BLOOD, OH SHIT, OMG BLOOD, THAT'S REALLY GONNA CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME, I RETRACT MY STATEMENT....................... j/k, I don't care about blood in a sport where the aim isn't to hurt someone, heck even blood in Wrasslin sucks at time.

If I wanna be excited about people bleeding, I will watch MMA or Boxing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
BLOOD, OH SHIT, OMG BLOOD, THAT'S REALLY GONNA CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME, I RETRACT MY STATEMENT....................... j/k, I don't care about blood in a sport where the aim isn't to hurt someone, heck even blood in Wrasslin sucks at time.

If I wanna be excited about people bleeding, I will watch MMA or Boxing.

Soccer is for people who can't take a hit.

Rugby is for people who can't beat their women anymore.

Pretty much what i got from this thread.

Proof

Reaction score
Yet another win for the greatest nation on Earth, England.

If you are gonna butcher the language, at least have the decency to call it 'American' and not 'English'.

It's already called American English. Just like Canada is called Canadian-english although it heavily resembles True English which it is based upon, since we were once slaves to the great white crown wearing b****

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Fuck spelling and grammar, you Americans need to join the Metric System club. Trust me your table has been reserved.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Soccer is for people who can't take a hit.

Rugby is for people who can't beat their women anymore.

Pretty much what i got from this thread.

oh they can take a hit... trust me I've kicked a few people... they just tend to break easier.

Fuck spelling and grammar, you Americans need to join the Metric System club. Trust me your table has been reserved.

yeah the metric system is a lot simpler and easier than what we have now. Yeah. But ah well.

But as far as this thread goes... what the hell is it about? English? American English? I dunno.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I'm American, and I second this.

Pete

Reaction score
Twat, cunt, douchebag and prick are on a higher level of insult than idiot in America. Try calling a girl a cunt here... they won't take it quite as well as if you just call them an idiot.

I know. I LOL whenever I mention someone's a twat and you all gasp in shock. But it's kind of mild here.

Cunt is indeed a bit stronger than the others, but I don't think douchebag and prick are particularly strong insults in the US either, are they? And they are not used all that much over here anyway.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

This by far. One of very, very few countries that still use the imperial system and haven't moved forward to adopt a much simpler more logical system. Would be good to join the rest of the world but it will take some time to fully implement the system.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I know. I LOL whenever I mention someone's a twat and you all gasp in shock. But it's kind of mild here.

Cunt is indeed a bit stronger than the others, but I don't think douchebag and prick are particularly strong insults in the US either, are they? And they are not used all that much over here anyway.

prick is so mild here its almost common language now and wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. douchebag... ehhh that is slightly above prick but still nothing. Cunt would get a rise. Twat... that is debatable and depends on what part of the country you are in when using it.