Dean and the US Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
tumblr_mugdbiCiUp1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

If you forget, Dean Ambrose is the US Champion, I can see how you'd forget seeing as he's not defended it in awhile, he has not bought it to the ring with him a few times either. He's close to breaking the record for longest WWE US Champion, and he's maybe only defended it like 4 or 5 times on tv. Now if he counted his house show, he's done that quite a bit, over 40 times I think. Now let's look at a few good reasons he's not defended the title, he's been in a few high profile feuds the last few months, The Shield feuded with the Wyatt's for awhile, after that with Kane, and after a bit The Outlaws was tossed into the mix and now are with Evolution. Now away to fix this could have been either have him drop it back before all this got started, or he could have at least defended the title in the feuds mentioned above, Dean vs Bray for the US Title could have been great, or Dean vs either of the other two members. Dean could have easily defended it against Kane also. Now the feud they are in now, it's a bit to big to get the US Title in the picture, so Triple H needs to have Dean defend it against some random heel, and screw Dean out of the title so we can get it on someone who can be in feud over the title. What are your suggestions for what they can do with the US Title?​

Joey

Reaction score
No clue. First step is push him into some competition. Maybe do a tournament that co-main event's raw, or something like that. They have to make a move quick especially with people getting sick of dean as champ.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I think that someone else needs to win it as it's really being wasted at the moment as Ambrose is busy with the Shield and their feud's meaning he cannot have a separate feud for the title.

I would like to see Cody Rhodes or Ziggler win it.

Starlight

No, you guys... He needs to hang onto it for a little bit longer, so he can replace Rick Rude as the longest reigning U.S. Champion with one reign. Bare with me. Then he can lose it. I promise.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
No, you guys... He needs to hang onto it for a little bit longer, so he can replace Rick Rude as the longest reigning U.S. Champion with one reign. Bare with me. Then he can lose it. I promise.

Well he needs to defend it more or it doesn't mean much. I like Dean, but I really haven't liked his reign.

I just hope they act fast .

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Castiel

Reaction score
At this point I'd have some challenge and beat him for the belt just before he beats the record. When does he become the new record holder anyway? I'm assuming after Extreme Rules, and that would be a great way to possibly move him on from Triple H and such.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
What's the purpose of having a record like that if the belt has barely been defended? I mean, it's one thing if he was the cowardly-type Champ who purposely avoided defending it, but he's not...he just never mentions it at all. They need to get it off of him ASAP but in all honesty I think they've forgotten about it as well. :lol:

Count me among the camp that think Bo Dallas would be a suitable US Champ. It would fit with his gimmick and would allow him to be even more annoying.

Starlight

I agree that WWE has forgotten about the title or they purposely ignore the belt. The reason why is because the U.S. title has always been a WCW title, so it's probably Vince's way of saying "I beat WCW." I could be wrong and probably am, but that's just the impression I get. I would love to see a tournament to decide the contender like they did with the IC. I absolutely loved the tournament of 8 men to decide the IC title's contender.

Dean Ambrose hardly even carries the title with him anymore since the feud the Shield has with Evolution is hardly over the U.S. title. It's not even the purpose of the feud. So the U.S. title is probably tucked down in the bottom of Dean's bag. lol I agree, I would love to see Triple H using his power and making Dean face every single week leading up to Extreme Rules, even maybe like in 2 on 1 handicap matches. He can retain it, but it would just add a little meaning to the title.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
at this point, the US title is wasted space. WWE needs to have dean defend it more often or drop it to someone deserving that can help their career.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't think that the title should be put on just anyone to improve their career, I think that it should be put on someone deserving to help progress their career along. The US Title is usually the title that people get before they move onto the Main Event (Cena, Miz in the past) so I think it needs to be put on someone who is at that stage of their career.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
It is a possibility tho that they are putting the Shield in these faction fueds, (Which I LOVE by the way) in order to quietly make the title disappear. With the resurgence of the IC Tournament, more talent are making their plays. I think the US Title was put to Dean and then the Shield were injected into feud after feud so the title could be quietly extracted without so much as a blip on the radar. Just my opinion

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
It is a possibility tho that they are putting the Shield in these faction fueds, (Which I LOVE by the way) in order to quietly make the title disappear. With the resurgence of the IC Tournament, more talent are making their plays. I think the US Title was put to Dean and then the Shield were injected into feud after feud so the title could be quietly extracted without so much as a blip on the radar. Just my opinion

As long as it doesn't end up like the TNA TV Title, we are good.

But let's see, who would make a good US Champ? I think maybe give it to Cesaro again but for a bigger and better run with it. Last one was nice, this one will be better! It will help get him ready for.the main event.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Fanged Fury

When they had the European Title, I loved what Angle did to it. He made it an American-like title. Lance Storm taking the WCW U.S. title and making it Canadian. Things like that is awesome to me because it adds a new face to the title. So I agree with Dave when he said Cesaro would be a good face for the U.S. title. He can bring a European feel to it. That's just my stance. Some of my favorites I would have picked a year ago are not candidates for it now like: The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, and etc... They are opening acts/jobbers right now unfortunately.

Castiel

Reaction score
Does Dean even carry the belt around anymore? I feel like he hasn't had it in the clips I've seen as of late.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I say scrap the title all together. I mean, there really is no point in having two mid card champions since there is no longer a brand split. Here is what I would do, have Barrett go over Big E for the IC title and then feud with Dean to unify the titles. I mean, you can have this as a one match deal at a Pay Per View to give it some prestige. I remember when RVD unified two other titles with the IC on RAW and it just seemed meaningless and thrown together.

The unification match between Edge and Test at Survivor Series 2001 made the match and championship feel important.

Longer reigns can hurt a championship's prestige if the champion doesn't defend it against good competition.