Deadpool the videogame

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
[video=youtube;XqORbzbEfoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqORbzbEfoM[/video]

This just popped up on the internet and there isn't much info, but the trailer shows off quite a bit of level design and combat so I'm on board. I'm disappointed they seem to have chosen Nolan North to voice Deadpool, but apparently I'm the only one who didn't like North in MvC3.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
North did a decent job in MvC3, nothing to write home about, but he did a good job of voicing the merry merc.

Deadpool is definately a different directon, if Marvel wanted the dark gritty "Arkham" feel I would have expected Daredevil, Punisher, or Moon Knight, so I am expecting the 4th wall comedy will be a huge part of the game.

I did see what looked like Psylocke in the video, wondering who else we might see.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm excited for this because as much as I want a Deadpool film (which I keep being told is "in the works"), I feel a videogame adaption would work a lot better, especially if the film isn't rated R.

As for Deadpool's voice actor, for some reason I always liked John Kassir who voiced Deadpool in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I have played that game so much I just cannot listen to the v/o. About once a year I blow through both MUA games, and for the life of me I never get the trivia games 100%.

Deadpool alone has alot of potential for a videogame character, and from what I have seen in the trailer they have the writting for him down pact, I just hope this isnt a dissapointment like alot of Marvel games. And I dont know if I could deal with an Arkham clone. So I am mixed about this.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Deadpool is a great choice he's just mainstream enough that it might work and the fact that they didn't soften him up will only improve things.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I have played that game so much I just cannot listen to the v/o. About once a year I blow through both MUA games, and for the life of me I never get the trivia games 100%.

Deadpool alone has alot of potential for a videogame character, and from what I have seen in the trailer they have the writting for him down pact, I just hope this isnt a dissapointment like alot of Marvel games. And I dont know if I could deal with an Arkham clone. So I am mixed about this.

I understand the "Arkham clone" thing, but to me these games will be immediately fundamentaly different as I imagine the Deadpool game will not take itself too seriously. Assuming Deadpool turns out surprisingly spectacular like AA did (which I'm not honestly expecting, I just want my Deadpool game), it'd be kinda like videogame-superhero equivalent of GTA vs Saints Row in the sense that you've got two games that come from the same place, but go in different directions.

I guess I don't like the Deadpool vs Arkham comparison because I feel these two games could compliment each other very well rather than be looked at as competition.

Its also just kinda rare in videogames to play as a rampaging lunatic who actually seems to be having fun and enjoying themselves with it rather than some burdened, brooding sad sack seeking redemption or whatever. I don't expect Deadpool to be as good as the Arkham games, but if the creators manage to stay self aware about it and take a more wacky approach in the way Saints Row spun GTA, Deadpool could possibly turn out to be one of the most mindlessly fun games to come around in a while.

I hope I'm not just being optimistic, though

AF.

Reaction score
Will probably suck like every other superhero game (aside from Batman AA and AC). Don't get too excited people.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Just glad it's actually Deadpool and not a... whatever the fuck that was in the Wolverine movie.

AF.

Reaction score
I don't even know who Deadpool is. Whether he is a part of X-Men or has his own series :lmao

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Deadpool has his own series, is a member of Uncanny X-Force(or was when I last read it), and even has a series titled Deadpool Corps, which features many alternate reality versions of Deadpool(including his Zombie Head, a Female Deadpool, and a Baby Deadpool).

From what I have figured out, as I dont read too much with him in it. He is immune to pain(Age of Apocalypse version eluded to this ability), can teleport, has a regeneration factor that puts Wolverine to shame(he can reattach limbs, instead of regenerating them), and was told by Loki that he was a comic book character, which has led to some very funny moments. Asides from that all I know is he & Cable were created by Rob Leifield.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The game looks interesting and I can a lot of the fourth wall being broken.

I'm probably looking forward to the videogame fourth wall breaking more than anything. The humour will probably be what makes this game imo.