DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
One of the bad things I've heard about that game though is that it don't have as many characters as the other DBZ games.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
See me, I don't expect GT and DB characters in a DBZ game. The game is based on the manga. It has the main characters from there, plus Cooler, Baby, Turles, Gogeta, and Omega Shenron. This wasn't advertised as an anime game as much as they had anime scenes in the game direct from the manga.

Example being that the anime emphasized little Trunks and Goten, but the manga placed more emphasis on Gotenks who is in the game. The manga also didnt have base Gohan fight as a teen, like the anime did in the Bojack movie so his base isn't available. The only manga characters that were heavily emphasized and aren't in are 17 year old Gohan and Videl, mostly because the creator hated the Saiyaman shit the publishers pushed him to write; they skip him over and go to Ultimate Gohan.

With this being totally new mechanics, a new online format, designs based on the manga, a more faithful story, create a saiyan hero, and new cameras, the character amount was bound to be slightly smaller with the second installment or DLC expanding on it.

If you ever get a chance take a look at the manga

http://www.mangareader.net/105/dragon-ball.html

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
974cec8e.jpg

TheZig

Reaction score
This game sounds epic, I've been a huge Dragonball fan aslong as i can remember. I've got all the original DB, DBZ and DBGT plus the movies, Yet i haven't kept up with the games so much last one i bought i believe was Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the PS2. Im not sure about that though but i'll be sure to pick this up.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If you can wait, Black Friday is a great day to pick it up as I was at Gameware today and they said they plan on marking it, 2K, Madden, and countless others to 29.99 that day.

it is surely a Dragon Ball (Hero mode) and manga fans games. The anime cut scenes make me wish they had done all of Kai like that

TheZig

Reaction score
Im going to order it online along with WWE 12, I'll probably get around to it this weekend. I doubt that Black Friday deal will apply to me anyway because i live in the UK. I've never attempted to watched Kai because i was told alot of stuff from the original was removed.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The filler was removed. Not all filler, but a good bit.

They are now on when Goku brings Dende to earth on Nicktoons, Zai is behind in the android training because they are edited much more. The blurays are BOSS though

Filler that was removed
- Gohan living in the jungle
- Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien vs the pendulum room saiyans
- Goku falling off Snake Way and meeting the snake princess
- Bulma, Gohan, and Krillin landing on fake Namek and meeting the kids in space
- Goku reinjuring himself and being out back in the hospital
- Piccolo vs Yamcha, Tien, and the clown at King Kai's
- Ginyu Force vs Yamcha, Tien, and the clown
- Gohan and Vegeta fighting on earth after being wished away from Namek
- Garlic Jr saga
- Goku and Piccolo learning to drive
- Gohan meets Tao

Filler they kept
- Krillin fighting Imperfect Cell
- vegeta in the pink shirt
- Krillin hitting Goku with the rock in the head while he slept

It is much more manga oriented, and I appreciate both. I prefer the Kai that is shown on Nicktoons to the Toonzai one though which is heavily edited and time constrained.

All in all, I have all of DB, Z, GT, the manga, and movies/specials. I prefer that and appreciate it. At the same time though my little niece and nephew now know about dragon ball, the characters, and love it because of Kai. I didn't show it to them, they showed me and they are 15 and 11 respectively. It got them interested in the games and they actually asked me to watch the movies with them. I say props to Kai for that lol because it can get the younger generation with the short attention span hooked overnight.

Boy do I miss watching Piccolo and Goku learning how to drive though.

Last edited:

TheZig

Reaction score
Out of them fillers you mentioned Goku on Snake Way and especially the Garlic Jr saga really bugged me. I also have the Manga's in PDF form but i have only glanced through them, I should really read them at some point.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
A good place to read a copy of the manga is - http://www.mangareader.net/105-3036-5/dragon-ball/chapter-387.html

I missed Garlic most of all but he was never involved in the actual manga. He was just as anime add on because the movie was a big seller. I wouldn't have objected to it after all.

I also hope they do Buu in Kai, but it is set to end at Cell like Toriyama wanted to do the original anime and manga. He gets his dream and what he truly wanted, Gohan to be the hero, unlike Goku who the fans demanded return and end the series on top lol

Last edited:

TheZig

Reaction score
I thought the Buu saga was a little ridiculous in parts, But like you say with the Kai version they could cut some of the unnecessary stuff out. Thats if they decide to produce more. Your probably with me on this, When they hyped Buu hatching i thought some big destructive force would come out but you get that. I always felt that was a let down but i guess its got a charm for some people.

We should get a DB discussion going at some point, But i doubt many people would get involved.

Edit* Yeah Gohan should have been the chosen one haha. They hyped it from the beginning.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
We actually had a DB discussion not on TWC, but on WCF before kib screwed up the server and we lost everything. It was pretty long, active, and filled with videos. Definetly one of out more active threads with a couple hundred posts.

As for Buu, I like the anime version of Buu. The manga didn't live up to the hype for me. The Saiyans, Frieza, and Cell arcs were fun to read and watch. Reading about Buu was blah; in fact I only like that the distinguish Krillin as being the strongest of the human Z fighters on earth.

Now the anime was a a whole different Story for the Buu arc. It to me came off much better than paper did it justice. Every member of the team got their time and moment. Goku got to return and save the day, while having two epic battles. Vegeta got to show more of his old self, be selfless, learn how to say he loved his friends and family, and even got declared as a full fledged good guy. Piccolo got to teach a new generation. Gohan got to tap into his potential again and have that same swag he had versus Cell. Tien got to show he had progressed with the neo tribeam. Yamcha gets his winning moment by owning Olibu. Krillin gets declared to be the strongest human and show bravery once again by challenging Super and Kid Buu. 18 got screen time and to put up a good fight versus the boys. Videl was added. Bulma did a proactive dragon ball hunt for the first time since she was a kid. Chi Chi fights again to train Goten and has one of her my bay moments versus Super Boo. Goten and Trunks have 2 great tournament fights and form Gotenks. They also rehash the evil becoming good angle if given a chance and the possibility of a loving friend like with Vegeta and Piccolo, through Mr Buu and Hercule. Heck Hercule actually saved the earth as well. Even Dende got to reprise his key role with Porunga and healing Gohan like in the Frieza arc. And last but not least there was Vegito, who they devoted time to in both his base a SSJ forms unlike in the manga where he goes SSJ like Gogeta from the start

Last edited:

TheZig

Reaction score
In my opinion i thought it was cheap how Super Buu was able to absorb Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan at different points, It didn't feel original after watching the android saga where Cell literally absorbed everything in sight. Then the scene where if i remember correctly Vegito was absorbs and Goku and Vegeta ended up in cells body. It seemed a bit too much and thats what i was getting at with the ridiculous part.

Alot of the saga was good, But i've not watched that saga in a long time and i hardly recall much of the filler parts. Personally i liked Dabura, I kind of remember him turning soft when he went into the other world and watching him dance around wide eyed haha.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Buu was basically everything coming full circle to me. They rehashed everything from the other arcs, villains, and gave the characters who made DB and DBZ what it was have their own moments. I totally get it turning people off though.

The manga basically saw Buu hatch, Vegeta be owned and blow himself up, Goku stall in an even fight while the others hid, Gohan swing the z sword, Gohan sit, the boys fuse, evil buu own fat buu even more, Super Buugo in the room, escape and kill the others not even 1 by 1, Gotenks go SSJ 3, Gohan go mystic, Buu absorb Gotenks and Piccolo, Goku return, Tien get owned, Goku and Vegeta immediately fuse and go SSJ only to hold back and get absorbed on purpose, get the pods, Kid Buu blow up earth and then immediately track them to Supreme Kai's world while never meeting Krillin and Yamcha in other world, Goku never using any form but ssj3 to fight Kid Buu, Vegeta getting owned and not even making the smart ass comments while doing it, fat buu getting dropped, and then a combination of Hercule caller ting the people to give energy and Porunga restoring Gokus power for the win.

There wasn't a moment where Vegeta and Goku even debated if they should fuse or fought Gohan Buu. They never got to fight cheek to cheek in Super Buus body. They never had to lure Kid Buu to the world of the Kais. Goku never fought Buu as ssj2, and they never squashed the second set of ear rings. Vegeta never told Kid Buu, "what did you expect, for me to roll over and die from an attack like that, you used up wad of chewing gum?" and then actually land a hit. In fact Vegeta never goes ssj2 aside from Majin like in the anime where he has lighting around him blasting at Buu. They also don't have the back and forward with Vegeta asking for the people to raise their hands up or die or smart as remark about new boots for the 3rd wish. He also never tells KAKAROT to stop dragging his feet, and Goku never debates if should throw the bomb with Vegeta on the ground, as he decides not to right away. They don't even give them the party after the saga where they all meet up and get together.

The manga bugs me that arc.

In fact Majin Vegeta vs Goku was filler heavy as those two were even in the manga and basically filled the meter in that little segment where they hand their hands locked and were kneeing one another. Vegeta never did the epic chain him to the mountain moment, while calling hima clown, and they ever had the beam struggles.Waste or reading, I tell you :(

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
There were two absolute perfect endings that should have happened.

1. When Goku finished off Frieza and was attempting to leave Namek but the spaceship wouldn't work and the planet exploded and you see SSJ Goku like "OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Perfect cliffhanger ending.

2. Gohan defeated Cell. I mean how perfect is it? WE know Goku is with King Kai, everyone else that tried failed, Vegeta actually lended the perfect assist to distract Cell and thats when Gohan pushed his power to the max and finished off Cell. I mean at that point Gohan was finally the strongest fighter out of everyone as his power was finally unlocked and he could tap into it. Goku fought Cell and knew that he could not beat Cell. Gohan had to do it and did. What more do you need after that?

The only things I really like about the Majin saga was mainly Goku vs. Vegeta II. Seeing the hatching of Buu... come onnn they all can't be mega buff guys. This was a nice twist having Buu come out like he did. But the absorptions were eh. But Kid Buu was just fun to watch. He was.

Then you get to GT and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
lol pretty much how I feel about GT as well just couldn't get into it. Which is a shame since at the time I first saw it I was expecting it to be the best of the DB series. So much for that imo.