DBZ: Animated Movie 2013 Announced

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm pumped for this. There was just so much left unanswered between Z and the start of GT. Although I will say that there was one movie that did kinda tie in with the Z series and that was the Bojack movie since it happened as a result of Cell blowing up King Kai's planet... but eh..

this is going to be the goods.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I absolutely cannot wait for this, I still love DBZ and getting new material is going to be like getting what I want on Christmas morning. I hope that Sean Schemmel and Christopher Sabat and the others are the voice cast when they do the English dub, it wouldn't be the same if they weren't.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
New info released to coincide with the release of the Budokai HD collection, so I thought I should bump it to say

- It is canon and part of the story between the defeat of Kid Buu and last tourney with Uub, which also makes it the only movie to ever be considered canon to the actual story (Bardock and Historyof Trunks are specials)

- The movie is 121 minutes long, making it the longest movie in the history of the dragon ball z franchise (surpassing Broly 1 at 77 minutes)

- Goku is shown in the sjump scan as well as a darkened ssj3 (not sure but likely could be Vegeta or an aged Gotenks)

- it will be a theatrical release in Japan, and both Funimation and Fox are backing it (could be dubbed with Funi)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great news that they're still going to be doing this.

Like many have said here, this was one of my favorite shows as a kid and anything new from them just gets me excited.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah I'm happy. I love the runtime being so long. It could also tell us something about what guys did in the 10 year gap or show Bulla and Pan being born

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dragon-Ball-Z-Figures.jpg

The scan

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Looks extremely nice. Cannot wait cannot wait absolutely cannot wait.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Ive watched the hell out of dragon ballz and dragon ball GT and some Dragon Ball... the entire buu saga was really good, so I will defiantly watch this.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
11alwd0.jpg

Z fighters going to be fighting some gods it seems. Videls design is kinda badass as she looks like Pan is truly her daughter there

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Someone above the Supreme Kai? Ah man... so you got King Kai, Grand Kai, Supreme Kai, and now... somethin over that one. Gonna be real intense.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Could be a play on H.P. Lovecraft, with the Ancient Ones(forgotten evil gods like Dagon, or Cthulu) too.

From what I can remember, asides from Janemba, the "hell" characters have rarely been explored(outside of returning villains, or Hitler), so that could be the case, but by the sounds of it, I have to think that these beings are more powerful than the previously revealed Kai's.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Hmmm... think you are hittin somethin there with the "hell" characters. Cause when Janemba was revealed it took Goku and Vegeta fusing for the first time to overcome him and that was after SSJ3 Goku couldn't get the job done. So perhaps there is some dark overlord down there that will be coming out that they all tried to seal and hide... kinda like how they did with Bojack trapping him in King Kai's planet and then he managed to escape after the planet got blown up.

That would make the most sense.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I just hope they dont do something really stupid, like having Gogetta fuse with Gohan. It kinda pissed me off when they had Nails & Kami fuse with Piccolo.

Again, due to the apparent continuity, this could be the story of how Uub was resurrected, something that has always left me wondering.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The resurrection of Uub definitely has to be explained and that could possibly be the main story in this thing. Cause one moment Buu is being destroyed by a Spirit Bomb, then we skip years later and Uub is here. But yeah... hopefully nothing completely stupid happens. But I do guess Nameks can fuse with however many they want to which isn't all that cool. Kinda is but then it kinda takes away. It taints Piccolo and Kami.