Daniel Bryan needs to stop trying to get over with IWC.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm not a fan....I just like the shit and retained some history and info on this.....a fan is short for fanatic and that's an unhealthy obsession.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm not a fan....I just like the shit and retained some history and info on this.....a fan is short for fanatic and that's an unhealthy obsession.
Would you prefer s/mark, because you're on here every day like the rest of us. :cudi

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Mark, Smark, Fan, Fanatic, call me whatever you want, it don't matter to me. :toomanykobes I love what I love, hate what I hate. If me not caring about others is a bad thing so be it. If I was the WWE, I'd care, but as a fan, it really doesn't matter to me if others like it or dislike it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would you prefer s/mark, because you're on here every day like the rest of us. :cudi
Smark is a mark getting worked who act like they know they're getting worked.

Also a made up term.....unlike fanatic.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Wm4R52F.gif

“It’s their loss”... their loss right? yeah, fuck those 6+ million viewers, and fuck the 13+ million viewer audience who watched WWF & WCW. Right?...

HarmlessMintyArmadillo-size_restricted.gif

...What’s the matter with you? Their loss? THEY’RE The ones who should be catered to, THEY loved the storyline and character genre of Professional Wrestling.

They weren’t the ones complaining that Dean Malenko wasn’t champion... the niche did.

They weren’t the ones who hated that the show prioritized storyline and character and demanded a brand split in 2001/2002 for undercard guys who didn’t draw... the niche did.

They weren’t the ones who still complained when they got catered to... the niche did and STILL does, you didn’t hear the Mainstream fans/“casuals” complain when the show was catered to them.

So what the Mainstream U.S. audience at “casuals” crave Crash tv, storyline and characters and don’t care one bit about in ring... can you blame them? That’s what Wrestling always was.

The niche is the ones who watch a show of pure boredom yet can’t stop complaining, they can’t stop watching.

The less than 1.5 million niche is the ones who want to gatekeep from the 10+ million who stopped watching and the millions upon millions of non-wrestling fans who would watch if it was catered them.

They’re not the bad guys here, the niche/IWC are the bad guys in this situation, by being a vocal minority hijacking a show to be catered to a niche to the detriment of 10+ million viewers.

Read that in Tom Hanks cadence:

This is the only post on this forum that I feel enraged at... “their loss”, how could you even type those words, “their loss”,
3923e6eeea124723efcbb17732a26feb.gif

Yeah it is their loss because they were missing out on a great product. It’s not my fault that casual fans have such a low attention span that they can’t watch good wrestling and rather see the wrestlers screaming at each other for the entire show. And like I said, you keep pointing out the low ruthless aggression numbers as how bad wwe was but it also simply had to do with the Monday Night Wars ending as to why some people stopped watching. You can’t blame it entirely on in ring focus. I for one found the ruthless aggression era extremely entertaining and so do a lot of other people. Anyone who thinks that wrestling is bad because there’s actual... WRESTLING is a dumbass.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Subjective tastes are subjective.....spoiler alert guys.

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Yeah it is their loss because they were missing out on a great product. It’s not my fault that casual fans have such a low attention span that they can’t watch good wrestling and rather see the wrestlers screaming at each other for the entire show. And like I said, you keep pointing out the low ruthless aggression numbers as how bad wwe was but it also simply had to do with the Monday Night Wars ending as to why some people stopped watching. You can’t blame it entirely on in ring focus. I for one found the ruthless aggression era extremely entertaining and so do a lot of other people. Anyone who thinks that wrestling is bad because there’s actual... WRESTLING is a dumbass.

ProfesWrestling isn’t Actual wrestling though, Wrestling doesn’t happen in a boxing ring, doesn’t have strikes and etc it’s a fictional sport used as the plot for a TV show.

They didn’t have short attention spans, they watched every week from 1998-2002, the show turned to garbage and they stopped watching.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Smark is a mark getting worked who act like they know they're getting worked.

Also a made up term.....unlike fanatic.
That's why I put a dash between the s and mark. I don't care you consider smart or not, but you gotta pick one.

You're not a casual, though. 100%.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That's why I put a dash between the s and mark. I don't care you consider smart or not, but you gotta pick one.

You're not a casual, though. 100%.
I'm not fanatical either.

I just like this shit....if I didn't, I wouldn't watch or talk about it.

Word semantics aside....can't I just say "I like this"....or "I didn't like this tho"?

Casual/fan

Seems like liberal/conservative

I don't subscribe to labels....I'm a little bit of both

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm not fanatical either.

I just like this shit....if I didn't, I wouldn't watch or talk about it.

Word semantics aside....can't I just say "I like this"....or "I didn't like this tho"?

Casual/fan

Seems like liberal/conservative

I don't subscribe to labels....I'm a little bit of both
I was mostly messing with you, but the idea that fan means fanatical is super outdated. Fan literally just means "I like this."

Stan is more appropriate for people that are obsessively fanatical about their fandom.

Last edited:

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I disagree. You shouldn't cater to those who never watched or intended to watch, but there's zero reason you should ignore potential or lapsed customers. You shouldn't be happy with dwindling returns and just continue to market to a shrinking marketspace. There's always room for improvement.

That is one of the things I'll give AEW props for. They tend to cater to their fan base.

Reactions: Buffy

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
That is one of the things I'll give AEW props for. They tend to cater to their fan base.

So cater to less than a million people and fuck everyone else right?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
So cater to less than a million and people and fuck everyone else right?

Hey, when you got an unlimited amount of money, and a dork booking the show as his own personal toy, sure why not?

• Love
Reactions: Deezy and RLStern

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hey, when you got an unlimited amount of money, and a dork booking the show as his own personal toy, sure why not?
AEW is just that nerds real life efed

• Haha
Reactions: Swamps

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2

Sad state of affairs, instead of a Ted Turner who put his personal feelings aside and simply wanted to do good business, we have a fantasy Booker.

If Ted Turner catered to his tastes he’d book GCW 1970’s on Saturday at 6:05.