Custom PC Builds Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Here's my new build yet again.

That's a crappy photo, see better pictures by searching for Aerocool DS or click this Amazon link.
Motherboard - Asus Maximus VI Gene
CPU - Intel Core i7 4770k @4.5GHz
Cooling - Corsair H100i AIO 240mm + 4 Sharkoon Silent Eagle 120mm fans

7950 GPU, PSU, 16gb RAM all come from my old build.
Will put a custom water loop inside and some Bitfenix Alchemy lighting strips and then I'm done with upgrading for a while.
This machine is an absolute monster.
How much did that all cost?

Grams and Ounces

The Artiste
Reaction score
Question: Is there an easy way to upgrade a motherboard?

The way i see it i will have to take everything out of the case and basically start like a new build, am i missing something?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Question: Is there an easy way to upgrade a motherboard?

The way i see it i will have to take everything out of the case and basically start like a new build, am i missing something?
What you said is essentially correct. Depending on how your motherboard is mounted (vertically or flat) you might be able to get it out without taking everything out, but it's unlikely.

Grams and Ounces

The Artiste
Reaction score
What you said is essentially correct. Depending on how your motherboard is mounted (vertically or flat) you might be able to get it out without taking everything out, but it's unlikely.
Thanks for the answe.
The only thing I can leave in are the disk drives and DVD drive I reckon. I may aswell get a new case as all my old parts are going to get used building a pc for a friend of mine anyway.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for the answe.
The only thing I can leave in are the disk drives and DVD drive I reckon. I may aswell get a new case as all my old parts are going to get used building a pc for a friend of mine anyway.

Take a picture if you can

Grams and Ounces

The Artiste
Reaction score
My pc now or the one I am making for my friend? The one for my friend will not be anything special, he only wants it for internet browsing. The pc I am using now is ugly inside, I didn't try much with the cable management as I new I would upgrade the motherboard not long after building it, once I have upgraded I will try and get some photos though.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
My pc now or the one I am making for my friend? The one for my friend will not be anything special, he only wants it for internet browsing. The pc I am using now is ugly inside, I didn't try much with the cable management as I new I would upgrade the motherboard not long after building it, once I have upgraded I will try and get some photos though.

Your current so we could help on how you could replace it without taking everything out. DW about cables, mine is pretty messy :lol1:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Jesus that thing is tiny! (that's what she said) - you're gonna have a struggle getting everything in there.

Grams and Ounces

The Artiste
Reaction score
Jesus that thing is tiny! (that's what she said) - you're gonna have a struggle getting everything in there.

Looks plenty big enough in that video, the fact that all the panels come off will make it easier too.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Oh yeah it'll definitely be big enough, it'll just be awkward putting things in.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Oh yeah it'll definitely be big enough, it'll just be awkward putting things in.

Cable management is surprisingly easy on that case, even with a non modular power supply.
Grams, can you post all your parts here? Interested to see what you have.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Cable management is surprisingly easy on that case, even with a non modular power supply.
Grams, can you post all your parts here? Interested to see what you have.

Oh really? Looks awkward as hell.