Could The Dudley Boyz with Paul Heyman & CM Punk work?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
In regard to the whole PG/TV-14 thing wrestling has been PG much longer than it's been T.V 14. Jericho said it best "If you're a good guitar player, you can play Van Halen or Georg Jensen jazz. It's just an excuse.". If you're entertaining you can make it work no matter what the rating is just have to be creative.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
PG or not, the WWE would know what to do with them, it isn't a rating that makes a performer fail.

What did TV-14 do for the Dudleys? Beating up women?
This. Raw was PG until 99 and SD has been PG since its debut. Dudleys did just fine on SD for years under pg constraints.

And Bubba even did fine solo in WWE, people tend to ignore it, but he was over and getting pushed to he almost crippled the world champion with a botched power bomb through a table as he just dropped Trips on is head and neck. That ended his push as a solo act, not him not getting over, not creativ, just him being unsafe with their top commodity

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This. Raw was PG until 99 and SD has been PG since its debut. Dudleys did just fine on SD for years under pg constraints.

And Bubba even did fine solo in WWE, people tend to ignore it, but he was over and getting pushed to he almost crippled the world champion with a botched power bomb through a table as he just dropped Trips on is head and neck. That ended his push as a solo act, not him not getting over, not creativ, just him being unsafe with their top commodity
Far as that last part wasn't so much him being unsafe as it was that his arm gave out. He explained it in a shoot long ago but either way it did end his push.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Think you remember his WWE singles run much differently to me. To be honest for a long time I didn't see either Dudleys making it as singles or if I did it was more likely Devon. But to me the Dudleys as a team has gone as far as they can go and Bubba right now has his best chance of solo stardom in TNA and unless WWE are willing to offer him a shit load of money and a main event singles push then I would stay put if I was him.

Also as heel stables go this does sound pretty damn good but I agree that the Dudleys should be a bit above back up/bodygaurd type roles.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Guessing you don't remember the Dudleys singles run in WWE, Bubba was getting far on the card. He was hanging with Trish, the biggest diva star they had. He was challenging for belts. And Devon was stuck with a shit gimmick where he was a pastor with Deacon Bautista.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I think people forget that Bully Ray is not liked by several people in wrestling. He could improve all he wants but the guy burned a lot of bridges in WWE and several people thought he just politicked his way around. Don't see this happening.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
After I made my post about the WWE should do a 5 on 5 Survivor Series match between Team Heyman and Team HHH, I immediately thought of these 2 guys.

Punk, Lesnar, The Dudleys and Big Show would be a damn good group of 5 guys to be represented by Heyman I feel. You do a similar sort of team for HHH but with a couple of guys who are still pretty credible but could get a rub off of The Dudleys for example.

Yeah why not use three way past their prime wrestlers. Big Show & Dudleys when you could elevate a few other guys. That would be stupid and it should use guys like Ambrose or Hening or McIntyre. Big Show has nothing to offer and I can't see Dudleys back.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think people forget that Bully Ray is not liked by several people in wrestling. He could improve all he wants but the guy burned a lot of bridges in WWE and several people thought he just politicked his way around. Don't see this happening.
Dudleyz had a great relationship with Vince before and after they left so they would comeback with no issue. Had it not been for Johnny Ace they would have never left.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Where did you get this shit from?

Sounds like you are making things up to justify something here. Your boner for all things young seems to be clouding judgement here.

Dudleys are an established team, they are still in working shape, they have the most over tag team move since LOD and one of them is just hitting his prime as a performer.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Lol Ambrose and McIntyre over The Dudleyz :lmao

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah why not use three way past their prime wrestlers. Big Show & Dudleys when you could elevate a few other guys. That would be stupid and it should use guys like Ambrose or Hening or McIntyre. Big Show has nothing to offer and I can't see Dudleys back.

If WWE wanted to put over some younger guys they could always put them in an opposing stable that manages to beat the likes of Big Show and the Dudleys.

In the end I do see the Dudleys coming back for a package deal in the future. One last WM, a HOF induction and a DVD based on their career in ECW and WWE.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If WWE wanted to put over some younger guys they could always put them in an opposing stable that manages to beat the likes of Big Show and the Dudleys.

In the end I do see the Dudleys coming back for a package deal in the future. One last WM, a HOF induction and a DVD based on their career in ECW and WWE.

Makes me wonder if they would include DW, Big Dick, Dudley, Sign Guy, Snot, Spike, Chubby, Studdly, and the rest.

TKK

Reaction score
- PWInsider confirms that Bully Ray has signed a new contract with TNA. He re-signed 3-4 days ago and word is that it's for two years. Ray will continue to wrestle for TNA and work as a backstage agent.

This is the first time in years that Ray and Devon won't be working together in a promotion. They will continue to work together at their Team 3D Academy in Florida. There was talk at Thursday's Impact that TNA "didn't do right by Devon" because he got himself into better shape and did everything asked, including working with younger talents like Garett Bischoff. Some people in TNA were shocked that the company did not re-sign Devon because he was one of the most well liked.

Well, that speaks for itself.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Makes me wonder if they would include DW, Big Dick, Dudley, Sign Guy, Snot, Spike, Chubby, Studdly, and the rest.

Spike would get mentioned a lot but the others would only be mentioned in passing about the early days of the Dudleys.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Good news for Bully and for TNA. There is still enough time for him and Devon to have their final run with WWE, but for now his focus should be on a TNA world title reign or two.