Could The Dudley Boyz with Paul Heyman & CM Punk work?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HEELOgden

Reaction score
Seeing as my last thread was met with critical responses, maybe this will generate more interest. With Paul Heyman allying himself with Punk and Bully Ray and Devon's contracts nearly up with TNA, could there be a possible place for Bubba and D-Von to get back in the WWE? Just thinking about it generates excitement. Think about it, what better way of setting Punk up to be the top heel in the business by, not only adding Heyman as manager/agent, but by having The Dudley Boyz as backup/bodyguards? To me, this would be a great opportunity to really generate major interest in watching RAW every week. Mind you, knowing WWE writing, this is very unlikely, nigh impossible to happen, which is a real shame.

TKK

Reaction score
I don't understand why Bubba would want to become a bodyguard for CM Punk when he is doing great in TNA? It's a terrible waste of talent if they were to bring him in. I would much rather have a team that will benefit from working with Punk than a team who has been established ten times over. Give The Ascension, McGillicutty/Curtis or KoW (unlikely for the moment) the ball and let them run with it to see what they can do.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I thought about this yesterday actually just because I remembered Heyman managing the Dudleys. Just as I don't want to see them back in WWE (Because of how good Bully is doing in TNA), I don't really want this to happen. I'd much rather it be some other team if they were to even go with the Dangerous Alliance 2.0 route.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's not the worst idea but I agree with TKK saying you they are gonna go the stable route with this and add a tag team it needs to be a team that will benefit from this. If anything would be better if the Dudley's feuded against whatever team this Punk/Heyman stable could have.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'd love this but I don't see the Dudleyz coming back as a tag team unless that's what they really want and even in the last year leading to them leaving WWE it was apparent they were no longer interested in that.

So unless one or both are ready to retire don't see them tagging. Hope I'm wrong.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Of course it would work and thats the sort of thing I expect to happen should they be brought back.

They are legends and shouldn't be wasted in the tag team wasteland with bums like Titus O' Neill, compared to the majority of the roster they are bona fide stars and should be treated as such with a main event run.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wish the Dudleys would comeback, mostly because I want the 3D back on WWE games.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
After I made my post about the WWE should do a 5 on 5 Survivor Series match between Team Heyman and Team HHH, I immediately thought of these 2 guys.

Punk, Lesnar, The Dudleys and Big Show would be a damn good group of 5 guys to be represented by Heyman I feel. You do a similar sort of team for HHH but with a couple of guys who are still pretty credible but could get a rub off of The Dudleys for example.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
It would be fun to see but I'm sure the roll Bubba has going on in TNA and whatever Devon is doing will likely be wasted in WWE. They'd go back to their old schtick, have a fued or two and then either leave or dawdle around on the roster for a while. What I'm saying is that the Dudleyz return in the long run probably won't work out how we want it to and it likely won't happen. People seem to be enjoying their work in TNA so they should probably remain there, especially since we'd get the PG Dudleyz anyway.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Something tells me this wouldn't help Linda's political campaign;

[video=youtube;2jgt95pDXuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jgt95pDXuM[/video]

In all seriousness, couldn't ever see it happening. If it did, it'd work, but as others have also said, it'd be a waste of their talents to be grouped into a stable. Bubba's heel run in TNA is one of the best things they've got over there.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Dudleyz are better off in TNA WWE won't use them right they tried to split them up and they both flopped due and now in a PG era they won't last.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
PG or not, the WWE would know what to do with them, it isn't a rating that makes a performer fail.

What did TV-14 do for the Dudleys? Beating up women?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The links are there with Heyman having previously managed Dudleyz and it would create a quality stable but my query is whether Bully Ray and Devon would want to return in that role. Bully Ray is doing some of his best ever work as a top heel in TNA and I don't know if he would want to leave that to become one of a bunch of guys in a stable.

TKK

Reaction score
PG or not, the WWE would know what to do with them, it isn't a rating that makes a performer fail.

What did TV-14 do for the Dudleys? Beating up women?

TV-14 did a lot for the Dudleys, it let them go to the extreme to get a reaction. (Not that they need it now) Half of the stuff they did in the WWF would never happen today and nothing they did in ECW would.

[video=youtube;o-GR3l1wPzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GR3l1wPzE[/video]

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
TV-14 did a lot for the Dudleys, it let them go to the extreme to get a reaction. (Not that they need it now) Half of the stuff they did in the WWF would never happen today and nothing they did in ECW would.

[video=youtube;o-GR3l1wPzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GR3l1wPzE[/video]

So fucking what? If a performer needs to go to extremes to elicit a reaction, then they are not good performers imo. And I don't think the Dudleys lack that talent.

Again I'd like to reiterate my point, ratings doesn't fail the performer, it's the performer failing the rating.

Think Shane Douglas in WCW, he couldn't get a rub from Steamboat there, then he goes to ECW and starts swearing and gets over, he goes back to WCW and fails miserably again. Not a great performer.