Coronavirus Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The irony of the people that want to economy back open the most...are the ones that are preventing that from happening :lmao

Reactions: Vegeta and Pat

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’m supposed to start my new job, (the one I’ve been working toward all of college and busted my ass last summer at an internship for) on June 9th. Kansas is supposed to reopen at least in Phase 1 on May 3. Hoping there won’t be any delays.

I did just blow $470 of my tax refund on WWE Shop so I need to start working again so I can keep doing that. :lol

Thinking I'll start working remotely, but it's just crazy to think how quickly the world has changed and how ridiculously unpredictable it was.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Swamps and I agree on almost 0% of things politically but at least we can agree PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID for this shit :lmao

We agree on a lot more than you think we do.

Reactions: Chris

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Jacksonville Beach was reopened today. Within minutes it was packed out.
That's a significant sign of Darwinism if you want to let these beaches reopen, by having a few people that may have the virus, spreading to those around them. How fucking idiotic politicians are with the shit that's going on right now. I wouldn't reopen the beaches in a time like this. I'd wait when the virus slowly dies down, before I resort to making the decision to reopen beaches.

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
So - lets add some conspiracy to the mix because, why the fuck not:

Back when Donald Trump got elected and then Brexit was voted for in short order and then Russia had fingers pointed at them for dipping their fingers into both results, a conspiracy doing the rounds was this:

Russia are playing the long game in an attempt at world domination. Their plan is to:
  1. Destabalise the world economy to put millions out of work in order to facilitate civil unrest.
  2. Split America (as America are probably the only ones that could square up to them) so far down the middle along political lines that they would be too fragmented to put forwards a coordinated counter-attack
  3. Destabalise the EU enough that it breaks down into it's component parts.
  4. Steamroll over every border because nobody and nothing was left to stop them.
A world changing virus was never mentioned, but that seems to have moved things along nicely....

Also, a couple of things I've spotted on the BBC news website over the last few days:

1. It's been suggested that people can get this thing more than once: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/healt...e-to-be-infected-with-covid-19-more-than-once

2. Given that this is from one of the same familys as the common cold, its posdible thst there will never be a vaccine for it. (Sorry, no link!)

Fun times.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
So, what you are saying is that it 2as the Russians who made American men turn Beta? The Man Buns, SkinnyJean's, Soy Latte??? Damn Them!,

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So unsurprisingly (if you ask me at least), Minnesota currently has the lowest infection rate per capita, and people are equating it to the early action placed by Gov. Tim Walz and also the weather being weird in early spring. They're also attributing it to the abundance of parks that encourage social distancing.

Which is cool, but it's also not like it doesn't have some of the highest quality of life, healthcare, and educational resources in the country. :draper2

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Went fishing today. Going to go again tomorrow. Yep.

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Thing is, fishings pretty much a solitary thing so, unless you've signed up for some weird cult-gathering fish-a-thon with tens of people involved, that's not an issue.

The issue will be in a couple of weeks when the likes of the people on that Florida beach start going down with this and can't connect the dots between their actions and the reaction of this virus infecting swathes more of the population.

Obviously the people running the show will find a way for it not to be connected to reopening the economy because, well, if the economy wasn't open how could they keep adding to their highscore bank account? But at some point surely common sense takes over?

I've seen more and more people just wandering around in the local area - it's like: "well, the government said three weeks and I've done three, so I've done my bit" and that's just not how this works.

Last edited:

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Really tired of people saying this is fake, specifically village idiot Candace Owens, if you guys know her.

Saying the ENTIRE thing is just a hoax and that not only will she not wear a mask unless forced, but that she will not get a vaccine when it becomes available.

Like, if the whole thing is so fake, why don't you go to New York, and just sit outside walking up to people, hugging them, shaking hands with them. If the whole thing is so imaginary, why not try to expose yourself to the virus to prove your point?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I can understand being more scared for the economy than the virus because I am worried about both but flat out calling it a hoax is terrible and way worse than any kind of the "not taking it as seriously as you should" I see people guilty of.

I think there's intelligent people on both sides of the "should we reopen or not" argument when they acknowledge that they're both worried for the economy and the virus, we can have discussion all day about that and hopefully come to a decision that might work to maintain the economy and our health. I'm not going to pretend to know what that decision is at all, I'll 100% say I'm glad I'm not anyone deciding this right now bc there are no good options, you just have to pick the least worst

Reactions: Doom

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Well Maine just got 30 more days of stay at home. Which means our bar can’t open for another 30 days. Which means I’m stuck doing delivery. This is getting ridiculous. People aren’t staying home as it is so this isn’t gonna get better and businesses like mine are fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris