Coronavirus Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cancelled it.....no one getting gifts.

I'm cheap.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Cancelled it.....no one getting gifts.

I'm cheap.

Oh, you.

f41e19416a385fd1a4639c9c18b71dba.gif

Yeah, I'm glad about that to be fair. I never know what to get people, and I always feel like I'm giving people clutter. I do appreciate getting socks though, so I'll have to buy my own for a change.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Maybe I'll give out toilet paper. ....that seems to be the black Friday gift of choice.

Steph

The IIconic Sith
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
What are you guys doing for Christmas? They say you can have up to three households meeting over here in the UK over the Christmas period, but I honestly don't think I'll see anyone. As much as I'd love to see some people I haven't seen all year, I don't think it's worth the risk for one day.

I'll probably just stay at home with some alcohol, pizza and skip the Christmassy things this year. I just would feel guilty if anyone caught Covid that I knew. It's a weird time, but I just am not feeling it this year.

Just hanging at home, honestly. Lol! It doesn't even feel like it's even close to Christmas. ):

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Goin' to my Aunt's for Christmas to do some secret Santa gift exchange like I do every year. We already had a great Thanksgivin' at my Cousin's so this sure as hell ain't gonna change what we're doin'. 10 folks per household shit? Get outta here. If you're sick, just stay home like you would normally do anyways.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Just hanging at home, honestly. Lol! It doesn't even feel like it's even close to Christmas. ):

Yeah, it really doesn't. I'm trying to get in the spirit by watching films and whatnot, but not feeling it yet. I usually love Christmas, so it's a weird feeling. I imagine I'll start to feel it a bit closer to the 25th, who knows.

Might by nice to just chill at home with snacks for a change, means I can wake up a bit later

tenor.gif

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
We are up to 4 cases now, 1 resolved and returned to work, 3 off. Again, deep cleaning (sorry, “deep cleaning”) after the last shift. We reamed the big boss today, but, to no avail, still business as usual. Total of about 50 people in our workplace, good to know we just keep working when people were in house with covid.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Numbers are back up here and they’re declaring a third wave, they just need to determine if it’s worse based on which variant of the strain is currently dominant, or, if it’s like wave 2. At the end of the day, the government has really prolonged this shit and it’s irritating. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another full lockdown except essential, which I’m stuck in the essential category, so, wouldn’t make a difference for me, unless business goes back to being as low as it was this time last year and they ask for voluntary lay offs again.

My mom was supposed to get her first dose today, but, cancelled cuz she wants to wait for the one shot Johnson and Johnson.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
They're vaccinating people in NZ now, and my Dad is in the super high risk category cos he's over 70 and he lives in a part of my city that's had the most cases. So he'll get prob get his vaccine quite soon, my Mum will be next. I'll be close to last cos of my age group lol :lol

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Well, it's been a while, so, time to rant like a little bitch.

We are just entering stage 2 of opening this week, fucking way behind the United States, and other places....it's embarrassing. While Americans are mostly living a normal life, we can't even go to the fucking mall because it isn't open yet, and, it's not included in stage 2 openings. Every single day, they go on and on about the delta variant....you motherfuckers are the ones who left the airports open from countries who reported having it, that didn't bother you then, why cry now? That shit infuriates me. Just open the fuck up. If people choose to go places and take a chance, who cares? If you feel vulnerable, stay the fuck home. If you know someone who is vulnerable, don't be a goddamn slut and visit them, keep your distance until it is safe.

Every damn time we get close to a re-opening stage, they start the same old song and dance about being afraid of a 'fourth wave'. Fuck off with your fourth wave bullshit, if you were that concerned, you would have stopped certain things a long time ago.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Any of you live in places where you need a pass to go to public places? Here in France if you want to go to a restaurant or a cinema for example, you must show a "health pass" that proves you have either been fully vaccinated or tested negative for Covid in the last 48 hours.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Any of you live in places where you need a pass to go to public places? Here in France if you want to go to a restaurant or a cinema for example, you must show a "health pass" that proves you have either been fully vaccinated or tested negative for Covid in the last 48 hours.

Yep, Canada has it starting September 22nd.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
My city has been in severe lockdown for a month now. This is now the longest lockdown that NZ has had, it's passed our lockdown from 2020 now. It sucks. I'm so bored and my sleep schedule is fucked, I sleep for hours and still feel tired. Bleh. The moment the lockdown lifts, my sleep schedule will just ping back to normal.

My city is the only one in NZ still in proper lockdown, but they're discussing lifting it slightly next week. Stuff will still be closed but more freedom, like right now my Dad is doing our grocery shopping for us, but next week my Mum will be able to do it herself. Hopefully in a few weeks, shops will reopen and we can go back to a more normal life. I can't wait.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Covid sucks, it changed a lot of things in my life and habits, sleep schedule included.

I teach English in middle schools for a living as a substitute. In early 2020 when they started putting countries under quarantine, I was teaching from home, which sucked. As a vulnerable person (meaning I can die from Covid if I catch it), I was allowed to teach from home until the end of the school year although most teachers and kids went back to school in May. I remember the first quarantine was pretty scary, no one knew anything about the virus, people were quite respectful of the rules and stayed inside. I remember my only two car trips to the grocery store in three months, streets were empty and silent, it was so gloomy.

After that, I spent pretty boring summer holidays because I stayed home as I didn't want to take risks and barely saw my friends. They wanted to visit but most of them were partying again and were not particularly careful so I was afraid they were going to bring the virus to me. I even got into fights with some of them because they were going to underground parties with 100+ people which was a dumb thing to do at that time in my opinion. They said they didn't risk anything because they were young and healthy but as a person who's at risk with the virus, I obviously saw things differently and thought they were selfish. Not just towards me but also all the other vulnerable people they could infect.

I went back to work in September because I had a new contract in a new school and they said they were taking precautions. But we got hit by a second wave in late September so I asked for a leave to teach from home again. It wasn't compatible with the students' schedules so they told me to stay home and replaced me ; so basically they hired someone to replace someone who was replacing someone :wtf2.

So yeah, I haven't worked since October 2020. Almost a year. And although it sounds great to get paid to do nothing, I realize now that it really fucked up a lot of things in my life.
-Sleeping schedule? Ruined.
-Motivation to do anything? Gone. I mean it's so much easier to spend the day eating and lying on the couch watching series/movies and playing games. Getting dressed and going out sounds like a chore after a while.
-Friends and family? Most of them think you're a lazy prick taking advantage of the system.
-Health and hygiene? Well obviously I put on weight, and I pay a lot less attention to my appearance.

Also my cat is still young and she got so used to having me around all day that she now has anxiety when I leave the apartment. And the lack of physical activity made me lose some muscle mass and I developed some leg pains. Which means just walking or standing up for a few minutes hurts. I have to wear orthotic insoles and see a physiotherapist about it.

Covid made me realize how much can change in less than two years, and it's quite scary.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sounds like an "Indian status card" in Canada tbh.