Connecticut School Shooting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
61424_482369725140051_1228151352_n.jpg

Sources: FBI and CATO Institute.

Reactions: 1 person

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
[youtube]t1TemW5mBqw[/youtube]

Here's a cartoon I made on the issue.

Enjoy.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Lol @ the Hicks still thinking America will break out into civil war if they lose their guns.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
NRA want armed cops in every school, maybe they have forgotten that there were two armed cops at Columbine but it did nothing and there was an entire army at Fort Hood and they couldn't prevent it. They are trying to solve a problem too far down the line, prevention is always better than cure and so hitting it at an early stage like banning assault and automatic weapons is where changes need to be made.

In the end though the American attitude to guns is the major issue. Canada are another country that has a lot of guns yet they don't have anywhere near the violence because their attitude is completely different.

Be interesting to see what comes out of all this, I doubt anything at all because whatever President tries to do something will probably end up being assassinated. There is no need for the public to carry guns to "keep the government honest" if people elect the right people then there is no reason to worry. That law made sense two hundred years ago but makes no sense now. US has repealed bad ammendments before, they removed the 18th ammendment which was Prohibition, so it can be done.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Bullshit they don't we just don't hear about it, everyone hates america that's why they always are in the news when something bad happens.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The last massacre I could find in Canada that had more than ten victims was back in 1989. They have restrictions on fully automatic weapons and you can't carry a concealed weapon and it works better for them than in the US.

Everyone hears about things that happen in the US because it is by far the largest western country in the world, it has the largest economy and is a key world power.

With regards to the image in the thread with the claim that violent crime increased in Australia after the gun ban the Australian Attorney General already attacked the NRA on falsifying those statistics years ago. They are well known to be false. Violent crime is lower now then it was before the ban was enacted and is much lower in Australia than in the US.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lol @ the Hicks still thinking America will break out into civil war if they lose their guns.

It's really not that far-fetched. 80,000 people in Texas signed to secede for no reason other than Obama being re-elected earlier. I don't believe a civil war will happen if guns are taken away, but I do believe the chance is definitely there.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
It's really not that far-fetched. 80,000 people in Texas signed to secede for no reason other than Obama being re-elected earlier. I don't believe a civil war will happen if guns are taken away, but I do believe the chance is definitely there.

Totally a chance by the same people going "second amendment!" "We need MOAR guns!" "NO GUN CONTROL!" see the pattern forming, typically the dumb bible bashers down south in your country are the fearing civil war, and the ones with the highest probability of starting it again, just like 1800s.

If all those states secede, what would be their chances of be successful, considering the majority of America's money spinners are northern/coastal areas, Michagen, Chicago, New York...

It's incredibly dumb what they're throwing out, crimes have gone down dramatically due to the lack of guns in the UK. Sure, there is gun crime, every country, but I don't feel the need to sleep at night, wanting to clutch hold to a shotty or sidearm.

Blah.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Totally a chance by the same people going "second amendment!" "We need MOAR guns!" "NO GUN CONTROL!" see the pattern forming, typically the dumb bible bashers down south in your country are the fearing civil war, and the ones with the highest probability of starting it again, just like 1800s.

If all those states secede, what would be their chances of be successful, considering the majority of America's money spinners are northern/coastal areas, Michagen, Chicago, New York...

It's incredibly dumb what they're throwing out, crimes have gone down dramatically due to the lack of guns in the UK. Sure, there is gun crime, every country, but I don't feel the need to sleep at night, wanting to clutch hold to a shotty or sidearm.

Blah.

And neither does anyone in America because gun crimes are hardly more common here, the media just makes a much bigger deal about them.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
and there was an entire army at Fort Hood and they couldn't prevent it. .

In the end though the American attitude to guns is the major issue. Canada are another country that has a lot of guns yet they don't have anywhere near the violence because their attitude is completely different.

Yes, Canada is so superior what with their 35 million citizens and no crime or social issues. It's just a maple syrup Utopia up there. Finger wag us barbarians with guns some more. We've heard it all before and we just roll our eyes at the irrelevant, collective social views of "America's Hat" lol

As for the "Army" that didn't stop Nidal Hassan. Guess what? Their weapons were locked up in arms rooms (aka huge vaults that two or three people in every line unit have access to). Nidal Hassan didn't go out to the firing range, he went to an area on post that was completely gun free: a Soldier Readiness Center with civilian technicians.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
And neither does anyone in America because gun crimes are hardly more common here, the media just makes a much bigger deal about them.

I wasn't saying it was common but because they are legal, there is more typical gun crime, plus bigger country = more chance of it happening. So why not reduce it.

Still I've seen people say it all over the place, they need a gun to protect themselves, are they that lazy to learn some self-defense, swing a baseball bat? Too many people go on about their rights, they don't think about the big picture. Was it 7% of Gun murders in the US was by legal guns? Tighter controls by miles would lead to that reduction and would save lives.

Would anyone seriously argue with any form of reduction in crime? Hell, if Cops didn't walk around with side arms, the chances of suicide by cop could go down, death by cop could increase dramatically. Coppers over here don't have guns and they certainly aren't dying from guns rapidly.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
For the record, I'm all for an assault weapons ban because that doesn't effect me in the slightest. What I'm arguing against is a complete ban on guns.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

Blah.

Lol, really?

article-1196941-05900DF7000005DC-677_468x636.jpg

-From 2009, btw. Source: Daily Mail

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Lol, really?

article-1196941-05900DF7000005DC-677_468x636.jpg

-From 2009, btw. Source: Daily Mail

Violent crime isn't 100% fire arm related, hell it's probably I'd say 1 to 5% at the most. What is considered a violent crime, Actual Bodily Harm, GBH & Robbery.

Hell, we have two typical gun crime hotspots, London (Highest population in the UK, Last time I checked) & Nottingham (The highest unemployment in the UK).

Check out the Homicide rate and Robbery rate though.

Still why exactly does anyone need a gun to protect themselves?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Violent crime isn't 100% fire arm related, hell it's probably I'd say 1 to 5% at the most. What is considered a violent crime, Actual Bodily Harm, GBH & Robbery.

Hell, we have two typical gun crime hotspots, London (Highest population in the UK, Last time I checked) & Nottingham (The highest unemployment in the UK).

Check out the Homicide rate and Robbery rate though.

Still why exactly does anyone need a gun to protect themselves?

Armed citizens shoot and kill more criminals than police and have fewer incidents of mistakenly identifying the criminal. Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby - Forbes