Community (TV Show Discussion Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
They will have the 2nd half of season 4 in the fall, no? That's how they've always done it, 24-25 episode seasons.

I've been catching up on S4. I probably should have re-watched S3 first, as I'd only seen it once. Anyhow, S4 has been better than I expected. Not sure why I doubted the show, as it constantly finds a way to stay both fresh and clever.
Nah, they only made 13 episodes for this season. But since you said that, I searched it up and they renewed the show for Season 5.
Also, what did you think of the first episode of S4? The Hunger Games thingy. I personally didn't like it that much.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Nah, they only made 13 episodes for this season. But since you said that, I searched it up and they renewed the show for Season 5.
Also, what did you think of the first episode of S4? The Hunger Games thingy. I personally didn't like it that much.

The premier wasn't the best ep. There were some good lines but the overall concept didn't blow me away. I just finished the puppet/hot air balloon ep and it was my least favorite thus far of season 4.

Eps I really enoyed were:

Haunted House episode
The Convention episode
Jeff meeting his Father/Thanksgiving (Adam from Workaholics being in the ep was awesome)
Changnesia Documentary episode
Dance episode
and to a lesser extent the 'Whale' episode

So yea, I'm enjoying most of the season.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The premier wasn't the best ep. There were some good lines but the overall concept didn't blow me away. I just finished the puppet/hot air balloon ep and it was my least favorite thus far of season 4.

Eps I really enoyed were:

Haunted House episode
The Convention episode
Jeff meeting his Father/Thanksgiving (Adam from Workaholics being in the ep was awesome)
Changnesia Documentary episode
Dance episode
and to a lesser extent the 'Whale' episode

So yea, I'm enjoying most of the season.

- The worst part about the puppet episode was that Pierce wasn't even the voice of his puppet.
- Haunted House episode was pretty cool.
- I lol'd at the convention episode when Pierce bowed down to Jeff.
- Jeff meeting his father and Adam on the episode? How better can it get.
- Changnesia was pretty cool
- Dance was aight, Britta and Jeff got along and Abed got a temporary gf?
- Whale, ehn.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
That's why I liked the dance episode! When Pierce came up to Jeff and was like 'you use her name as a synomym for screwing up. Can't you just let her be happy for once?"

really caught me off guard because I was actually feeling bad for Brita and was glad that Winger was nice to her! It was crazy because I typically HATE Brita and love to see her get shit on. That's why I loved it so much. It was a typical lmao @ Brita ep because she sucks so bad, but then they actually made me feel bad for her and happy for her that her dance went over.

and yea, the convention ep was money but Pierce jumping down at the end to worship Jeff was a random LMAO moment. I love the dynamic between Brita/Troy/Abed. Also the bit earlier in the season where Shirley was telling Troy that Brita was a whore in nicer terms and Troy was being ultra naive saying things like "satisfied HOW?!"

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wait what? This next ep is a Christmas ep? booooooooooo

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
I love this show! It's so witty and all of the characters are great.

ce104ff9220c1ac5d38cc894554c2e6c.gif
129b702af030bf0de9884c961eb23e2a.gif

a180576f6ce9cd4210bbf312bd88e4ac.gif
126ae9205b05208f1e422ff9b85f2fed.gif

66273e0c07186d1886a85e7b0c5526d5.gif
bdbff807f220d10fac0a89d031813f6c.gif

95e7725d66794184f9c590ed82c80905.gif
07844da0549bd7edae8ee68cde784d86.gif

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I hated Britta too. At the start, I was like damn, she's like the smart type, but then she went complete dumb mode.
It was funnier cause Jeff acknowledged it.

Gotta give them credit for making me like Britta a bit. At the start when Jeff is like, "Britta for the whoops!" I lol'd
Also, when Dean came in and Jeff was like, "What the hell is wrong with you?"
Jeff killed it in that episode.

Also, Pierce is getting closer with Jeff which seems pretty cool. The only bummer is that he left the show.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I hated Britta too. At the start, I was like damn, she's like the smart type, but then she went complete dumb mode.
It was funnier cause Jeff acknowledged it.

Gotta give them credit for making me like Britta a bit. At the start when Jeff is like, "Britta for the whoops!" I lol'd
Also, when Dean came in and Jeff was like, "What the hell is wrong with you?"
Jeff killed it in that episode.

Also, Pierce is getting closer with Jeff which seems pretty cool. The only bummer is that he left the show.

For sure, all of the characters have undergone pretty dramatic character change, except Jeff who is still pretty much Winger and Shirley who is just lame as fuck. Brita's is by far the most noticeable as it seemed they really didn't know the direction to take her character. This is fine with me, as Brita is the type of person who you could believe was in a transitional phase as a person and really trying to find her place in society. But yea she went from the smart rebel to just being obsessed with Jeff to being nothing more than a dumbass used to get Jeff over to this wannabe Shrink character to a bit of a loveable loser at this point.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think it was that bad actually.
I'll lyk what I thought of it after i watch it. Just doesn't make sense considering the shit aired in what? April?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Jeff = Same [Transition] - Likes his school more
Britta = What you said
Abed = Same?
Dean = Same?
Chang = Creepy to Crazy to Kevin
Annie = Confidence? [Transition] - She was shy before and was always belittled. Not so much now.
Shirley = lol, who cares
Pierce = Trying to make friend to asshole to father figure?
Troy = Jock to emotional dude?

lol, just on top of my head.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Well tbf, the show was supposed to air in October 19th, but got delayed till Feb 7th.
I see. The set up to the ep has already won me over. Winger needs a passing grade and they have the professor coming over to the XMas party.

Also I had no idea Chevy left the show, wtf? Why? why? He wasn't my favorite character by any stretch, but he was a solid 3 or 4.

Jeff = Same [Transition] - Likes his school more
Britta = What you said
Abed = Same?
Dean = Same?
Chang = Creepy to Crazy to Kevin
Annie = Confidence? [Transition] - She was shy before and was always belittled. Not so much now.
Shirley = lol, who cares
Pierce = Trying to make friend to asshole to father figure?
Troy = Jock to emotional dude?

lol, just on top of my head.

Dean has gotten progressively a LOT more creepy and into Jeff. Early on it was more subtle. I love the Winger/Dean dynamic.
Jeff = Came in selfish as fuck. Now he tries to stay selfish but constantly finds his newfound relationships with his friends 'screwing up' his plans to be selfish, but he generally comes around and does the right thing for the group

Abed = becoming more human. It is a very slow process but we see it all the time. the latest is the GF angle, which I imagine will be touched on again at some point. Also beginning to lose Troy to Brita forces him to grow away from Troy. At the core he is still the guy who is self-aware of the show and makes a ton of references to pop culture of course. I loved when he said (in the ep I'm currently watching) 'we should sit here in silence until the professor gets here to maintain story symetry because it is the only logical plot point to occur next' or something similar. his comments like that are always money. ie when they do the pen episode in the study group and Abed is like 'Uh oh, feels like a bottle episode'

Chang- his change is over the top and overstated, so no need to go into that.

Annie = She represents a traditional college students growth. We see her come in as a self conscious 18 year old who was picked on in school and had a pill addiction. She has developed into a bit of a leader for the group, while also becoming a bit obsessed with typical things a 22 year old woman would be obsessed with: career, family, husband ect. This manifests itself in the continuous tease of her and Winger. It is one of the major plot holes in the show IMO because if Annie really wanted winger this bad, they would have been hooking up by now

Pierce = Yea he is always pretty much just the guy who doesn't fit in, goes to great lengths to try to, winds up looking like an ass/being pitied

Troy- His character progression doesn't really make a lot of sense but I love his character as it is now so I won't complain.

the main thing that has grown over the seasons is the dynamic between characters. You could take any combination of the main 7 or 8 characters and center an episode around them and it would feel unique. I always like when Troy and Winger wind up in a storyline together, for example. it's the main reason the show could/and I hope does run for a few more seasons

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I see. The set up to the ep has already won me over. Winger needs a passing grade and they have the professor coming over to the XMas party.

Also I had no idea Chevy left the show, wtf? Why? why? He wasn't my favorite character by any stretch, but he was a solid 3 or 4.

He thought the show was lame and wasn't funny. He also has some problems with Dan Harmon, and I don't know. In the shooting of Season 4, he freaked out and blurted out Nope while Troy and Shirley were in the room.
I'm not a fan of him leaving and calling the show shit, it's actually a sick show. He's just too cocky with it. In some way, I'm kinda glad he left, he sound like a fucking asshole.

Also, what ever happened to that British professor? I actually liked him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He thought the show was lame and wasn't funny. He also has some problems with Dan Harmon, and I don't know. In the shooting of Season 4, he freaked out and blurted out Nope while Troy and Shirley were in the room.
I'm not a fan of him leaving and calling the show shit, it's actually a sick show. He's just too cocky with it. In some way, I'm kinda glad he left, he sound like a fucking asshole.

Also, what ever happened to that British professor? I actually liked him.
Prof. Duncan? In the hot air balloon ep when they are falling Troy says "Hey, anyone notice Professor Duncan hasn't been around lately?"

as for Chase, yea, I been reading up on him. Never realized he was such a cunt that everyone hated. From the sounds of it Pierce is pretty close to being Chevy himself.