Community (TV Show Discussion Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I am in general for more British style humor ala the original the Office, Eddie Izzard, Monty Python, that stuff.

I also know that I cannot base an entire opinion on a show based off of a few episodes. If I ever feel the urge to catch up on a new comedy show I might give community a chance. I'm a bit scared off of comedy shows after trying to get into Workaholics - which did give me a few chuckles - but stoner humor/drug jokes just isn't for me in general.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
British 'humor' makes me cringe

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
British 'humor' makes me cringe

Taste/geographical thing I think. British humor is pretty popular in Europe, Scandinavia in general. Give me a DVD of John Cleese shows and I will be entertained for about a year.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I think Dolph's was the one who said The Inbetweeners isn't funny. Naturally his opinion doesn't matter any more.

dw I still find most of the stuff you find funny hilarious as well. ly bbe x

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I never watched anything from the In Betweeners besides the few skits you posted, and I found them diabolical lol.

idk what it is about British comedy but it's just not for me. I've given a few shows and stand ups a try, but just can't dig em

BUT for Brits: Do you guys love Bill Hicks? He is one of my favorite stand ups from yesteryear and I recently watched a doc. on him and found out he had most of his commercial success in Britain. Apparently you lot found his ranting against Murica to be hilarious

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yea his ranting and raving style amuses me and it was pretty revolutionary when he was doing it, whereas today we are overrun with comics who have taken from his style and it's become commonplace.

It's a damn shame he died in his early 30s

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
And.... WE'RE BACK!
This season will probably not be as great, but whatever.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Watched the last episode. What a weird way to end it, but considering the second last episode, they might pick it up for another season. If not, a decent/sad way to end it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Watched the last episode. What a weird way to end it, but considering the second last episode, they might pick it up for another season. If not, a decent/sad way to end it.
They will have the 2nd half of season 4 in the fall, no? That's how they've always done it, 24-25 episode seasons.

I've been catching up on S4. I probably should have re-watched S3 first, as I'd only seen it once. Anyhow, S4 has been better than I expected. Not sure why I doubted the show, as it constantly finds a way to stay both fresh and clever.