Colorado Shootings @ Batman Film Opening

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about this?

I heard that on the opening night on Thursday @ Midnight, the movie started, but some guy came into the theater through the emergency exit dressed as the Joker. The people thought it was part of the show, and he tossed a smoke bomb into the crowd then began openly shooting into the crowd. Dude is demented

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Yeah, I heard about this yesterday. R.I.P the victims.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Speaking about this is exactly what the killer wants people to do, which is why I am saying nothing.

I will however go on record as saying that the wall to wall news coverage that occurred yesterday can easily be considered one reason why the individual committed the act in the first place. The easiest way to become famous these days is to kill a bunch of people, and the media are only too happy to glorify rather than vilify those individuals.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Some people's brains don't function properly I swear. I hope this cunt stays in jail until he dies a very uncomfortable death.

R.I.P to all the people.

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
Speaking about this is exactly what the killer wants people to do, which is why I am saying nothing.

I will however go on record as saying that the wall to wall news coverage that occurred yesterday can easily be considered one reason why the individual committed the act in the first place. The easiest way to become famous these days is to kill a bunch of people, and the media are only too happy to glorify rather than vilify those individuals.

I agree with you. It's hard not to talk about though. It makes me feel unsafe at the theaters now.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I agree with you. It's hard not to talk about though. It makes me feel unsafe at the theaters now.

I wouldn't feel unsafe at a theater because of this, it was clearly an individual act as opposed to something widespread. The best thing to do would be to get to a movie ASAP to get that fear out of your system, just like flying was the best thing to do immediately after 9/11.

I agree that its hard not to talk about, but beginning a discussion on why it may have happened (lax gun control laws, obsessive media reporting, the fucking water in Colorado) is better than talking about the actual incident or the individual responsible.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
What do you think the guy has friends who are planning in doing the same thing

This is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to eliminate by not talking about this story. Clearly it was an isolated incident and anyone who thinks otherwise is just adding fuel to a fire that doesn't need more.

Talk about the reason why it happened or what can be done to prevent it in the future. Please refrain from the type of idiotic speculation that leads to things like this continuing to happen in the first place. By constantly talking about the person involved or potential copycats, you are only allowing yourself to become as bad as the media who undoubtedly had a part to play in creating this whole situation in the first place.

If talk in this thread is not restricted to what I just mentioned, I will close it, plain and simple. I am not going to allow people on this site to give the asshole responsible for this crime exactly what he wants...and that's attention.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to eliminate by not talking about this story. Clearly it was an isolated incident and anyone who thinks otherwise is just adding fuel to a fire that doesn't need more.

Talk about the reason why it happened or what can be done to prevent it in the future. Please refrain from the type of idiotic speculation that leads to things like this continuing to happen in the first place. By constantly talking about the person involved or potential copycats, you are only allowing yourself to become as bad as the media who undoubtedly had a part to play in creating this whole situation in the first place.

If talk in this thread is not restricted to what I just mentioned, I will close it, plain and simple. I am not going to allow people on this site to give the asshole responsible for this crime exactly what he wants...and that's attention.

Dude, the media can't just not cover it. It's a huge story. What you want them to ignore it and pretend that nobody shot up a theater.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Dude, the media can't just not cover it. It's a huge story. What you want them to ignore it and pretend that nobody shot up a theater.

No. What they should do is cover it locally and leave it as a footnote on major news stations. There have been several instances in recent years where killers themselves have told authorities that the only way to stop things like this from happening is to stop the massive media coverage. I'm not saying the media shouldn't cover it, I'm saying they shouldn't cover ONLY it and nothing else, which is what they did yesterday.

Perhaps if people who were predisposed to being psycopaths and had delusions of grandeur knew full well that they would not get any sort of media recognition for it, they would think twice before killing a bunch of innocent people. That's not the only reason they kill, but its damn well a part of it, and continuing to discuss the person involved in this thread (whether he sees it or not) is part and parcel of the problem as well.

All I'm asking is that we try and discuss the causes and solutions to this problem, not the person responsible. Really, who should give a flying fuck about that person in the first place? They're fucked up, they're a waste of space, they were abused, they were failing school, mommy didn't hold them enough, daddy didn't play catch with them...who fucking cares? What's done is done and rather than continuing to talk about one idiot, we should be talking about the bigger picture like intelligent individuals do.

Reaction score
I agree to disagree. Its cool to say RIP to the people who were killed which shows you have respect, but I also agree there are people out here looking for a 'calling' that they can use as motivation to do something else. Obviously this guy was fucked up in the head, so steadily talking about him as a person is giving him what he wants, the attention. However, speaking how you feel on the situation is your right to freedom of speech.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
However, speaking how you feel on the situation is your right to freedom of speech.
Sure, its cool to exercise your right to free speech, and to express how you feel. None of doing that involves giving more air time to the actual person involved though. That's what I'm getting at so I hope this cleared it up a little more.

Reaction score
Understood, My whole point of posting is was in case nobody had heard about it and helping people understand what sick people there are in this world. How you could make such a really stupid thing happen during a fucking movie premier though? I think it was so stupid, and hope that everyone is safe about how they live their lives and be careful out here.