College/University or Work?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
So, for those have you that have spent most of your time studying and are now working full-time, what do you prefer doing? Personally, although I found university very stressful at times, I enjoyed going to class and I enjoyed the overall vibe of school. I liked the feeling of unity, especially when we would start the semester and we would have different activities and parties to attend. I do not miss stressing out over exams and papers but I did enjoy learning. As for work, it is great that I get paid and that I can come home right after work without thinking about doing any work. However, it is definitely challenging to wake up early at the same time every day and do a 9-5 job five days per week. University was very flexible which I loved. I could choose at which time and I wanted my classes so if I had a class that finished at 2:30, I could hang out with friends for a bit after school. I usually feel pretty drained after work and just want to go home to relax. I think work and school both have elements that are appealing and others that are not so appealing; however I do feel that I prefer school.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Im in grad school and will do dual enrollment in law school in the fall. I do taxes on the side and work study to add to my scholarship cash. Takes some time management but it is fun for me

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Was in community college for almost a year, had to take time away from it plan on finishing it up this Spring though.

Ben

Reaction score
Graduated from college almost 7 years ago, was in my degree field up until last year, and know am just in a unrelated management job. The money is better now than when working part time in college, but there's less time for fun.

Reaction score
I didn't expect there to be less time for fun considering that we have our evenings to ourselves and weekends but I am usually exhausted after work and do not feel like seeing people.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I work right now to avoid the debt student loans brings upon people. Maybe continue this and down the road get into college when I'm more financially stable.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Switch gotta be a long term student every so often when the student loans back up go back to school then they forgive your loans for another 6-8 years lol but really to me it just makes more sense to try and go to school most jobs that are worth it require a degree. If you lucky to find a job that pays good its usually hard gruelling work that you'll never really be able to get away from to go back to school.

So your either taking a break from school working the odd job. Locked into the gruelling hard labor type job. or actually in school

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
College. I found out after graduating High School that school could actually be fun. Especially being able to smoke on campus and have alot more freedom in the classroom. It's just a overall awesome experience that I recommend for everyone if they want.