College Football Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah Tua getting hurt is probably the worst case scenario for Alabama. Hopefully he comes back and is still able to play, but I don't have any clue if he'll be the same player he was before hand.

My opinion is that he take next year to rest up and get ready for the draft in 2021.

That would be the best option for him, but college players are brainwashed to think they should play and risk their pro careers for "pride" so we'll see.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What are the odds we get a season this year? Not really a fan personally, pro leagues starting back are one thing but college is entirely different :deandre Way too many moving parts with conferences, different schools having their own problems, etc. Shit is just bigger than sports

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
What are the odds we get a season this year? Not really a fan personally, pro leagues starting back are one thing but college is entirely different :deandre Way too many moving parts with conferences, different schools having their own problems, etc. Shit is just bigger than sports
It's very optimistic for all colleges with the virus going on. Some conferences like the Big Ten, the PAC-12 and the SEC are playing their games within the conferences, while the ACC are allowing one-non-conference opponent inside a state. Notre Dame's playing games scheduled in the ACC. But yeah, this coronavirus has continued to alter the sports we love. But, there's a chance that we can still get football IF people follow the damn safety precautions.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
No Georgia vs Georgia Tech this year. Sad Blaze Hours.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: Doom

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
  • Sad
Reactions: Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Very reluctant to see college programs start. Especially considering that the local programs here have been pushed back (High School football is now in fucking March and April, poor kids).

I think everyone's just better off waiting until this dies down.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Very reluctant to see college programs start. Especially considering that the local programs here have been pushed back (High School football is now in fucking March and April, poor kids).

I think everyone's just better off waiting until this dies down.

I can do without college football. Those kids aren't getting paid, it's not their job like professional athletes. It shouldn't fuck up their eligibility bc this is a fucking pandemic and fuck the NCAA for still trying to screw them out of being able to play once shit gets better. Like there's a fucking precedent for this shit

• Sad
Reactions: Vegeta and Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Fuck. It's really becoming inevitable that the season may not happen.

ESPN

Commissioners of the Power 5 conferences held an emergency meeting on Sunday, as there is growing concern among college athletics officials that the upcoming football season and other fall sports can't be played because of the coronavirus pandemic, sources told ESPN.

Several sources have indicated to ESPN that Big Ten presidents, following a meeting on Saturday, are ready to pull the plug on its fall sports season, and they wanted to gauge if commissioners and university presidents and chancellors from the other Power 5 conferences -- the ACC, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC -- will fall in line with them.

Sources told ESPN that a vast majority of Big Ten presidents have indicated that they would vote to postpone football season, hopefully to the spring. A Big Ten official confirmed to ESPN that no official vote took place during Saturday's meeting, but the presidents are set to meet again Sunday night.

"It doesn't look good," one Power 5 athletic director said.

Notre Dame has close ties to the Power 5, deciding to join the ACC in football this year instead of remaining independent due to the challenges of the pandemic. Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick verbalized one of the central issues with altering the season.

"My view is if we change course, we better be able to articulate the reason for doing so to our student-athletes," he told ESPN.

The Mid-American Conference on Saturday became the first FBS league to postpone the fall sports season, including football.

Presidents and chancellors of the Pac-12 universities are scheduled to meet on Tuesday.

The ACC athletic directors will meet Monday morning, a day earlier than usual, as a result of the discussions the Power 5 commissioners had this weekend, a source told ESPN.

"No one has talked about a plan if the season is canceled," West Virginia athletic director Shane Lyons, who is the chair of the Football Oversight Committee, told ESPN. "If it's canceled, we need to be able to give clear direction at that time, as opposed to saying, 'We don't know.'"

Several sources have told ESPN over the past 48 hours that the postponement or cancellation of the football season seems inevitable. Many of those sources believed it ultimately will take a Power 5 conference to move things in that direction and that either the Big Ten or Pac-12 would probably be the first league to do it.

"Nobody wanted to be the first to do it," a Power 5 coach told ESPN, "and now nobody will want to be the last."

A Power 5 administrator added: "It feels like no one wants to, but it's reaching the point where someone is going to have to."

The ACC, Big 12 and SEC have wanted to wait to see what happened after thousands of students returned to their campuses this month, but they might be forced to act if the Big Ten and/or Pac-12 take action this week, the sources said.

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Marshall's performance earlier was pure fiyah - but SMU vs. Texas State I think is going to be the game of the weekend.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

After just watching the UAB / Miami Highlights, I would say the Hurricanes are going to be in real trouble if they face any stiffer competition this season. They looked leaky AF

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
No Georgia vs Georgia Tech this year. Sad Blaze Hours.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

That does suck. However, we both know UGA would have just kicked the shit out of them.

Reactions: Vegeta

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
That Ragin' Cajun win doe!

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
My apologies for not following college football, after the shakeup of the conferences.

The Big Ten conference announced days ago that they will play, after opting out back in August. The PAC-12 too plan on opting back in for a late season start. IMO, those conferences should have never opted out in the first place. I think it's embarrassing for them to back out of the season because those players want to play football, despite the issues with COVID. You can see in the MLB, NBA, NHL, how cautious they are and the steps they take to combat the virus, so the players can play and the fans that wants to watch the sport they love. It's been a clusterfuck year in general, but at least some conference are opting back in to play the game. Let's hope that they don't do that shit again lol

Also, the SEC's playing this weekend! I'm pumped up for my Crimson Tide! RTR!!!

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
After Kentucky's touchdown, Auburn bounced back and went for a two-point conversion to take a 8-7 lead. Ole Miss scored the touchdown to even the score against Florida and Oklahoma draws first blood against Kansas State, up 7-0.

SEC football is officially back! I'm really looking forward for tonight's game between Alabama and Missouri. I hope Bama beats them at least by 30 points.

Last edited:

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
#19 ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns gets the win against Georgia Southern 20-18 with the GW 52-yard field goal! Congrats to those guys!

Also, Kansas State ties the game against #3 ranked Oklahoma at 35! The Wildcats are not backing down against the Sooners. They're playing hard right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris