Cody Rhodes Injured, Sami Zayn/Cesaro, Big Show on Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
- We noted how the recent Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro 2 of 3 Falls Match at the NXT TV tapings received “match of the yearâ€￾ chants from fans in attendance. People in production who saw the footage of the match as it was being put together for TV said it’s a must-see match from a TV standpoint.

- Cody Rhodes was also injured at WWE Money in the Bank. He suffered a cut over his eye after taking headbutts from Dean Ambrose in the ladder match. He needed 5 stitches to close the cut.

- As noted, Big Show will be returning on Monday’s RAW. Show was reportedly out with a knee injury and was still limping backstage at Money in the Bank over the weekend. Show has dropped some weight and is looking to drop more weight. Show is booked on an upcoming WWE tour as a heel against Randy Orton.
Source: wrestlingnewsmafia.com

I'd love to see Zayn on TV more often. I will be looking for that match on NXT. Sucks that Cody is out, maybe he can come back as a face and feud with Ambrose.

I don't really care about Big Show these days.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cesaro is a beast, would not be surprised.

Not too jazzed for another Big Show run. Heard the 'lost weight' lines before and he still returns as lazy as ever. His most recent main event run was fine though.

lol at the source btw.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I doubt Cody will be out, it's only a cut above the eye. He's also already a face.

I can't see Cesaro/Zayn living up to the hype to be honest, the same kind of thing happened a few years ago in TNA when the Orlando crowd started chanting 'Match of the Year' during MCMG/Beer Money, and the match didn't end up being that great. Still really looking forward to seeing it though. Anyone know when it'll be aired?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Who the hell is Sami Zayn? I watch nXt from time to time in canadian tv and I don't think I seen this guy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, Cody isn't going to be missing any time for a few stitches, he'll be fine.

As much as I enjoyed Show's last heel run, I'd be okay with a decent feud upon his return.

Weez

Reaction score
You a fan of Generico then?

No. Deezy plays the smarky heel at the moment. He's kinda Anti-IWC hype. Similar to how Cork *KINDA* dislikes anyone under 6'4 and 275 on the WWE Roster lol.

But I saw Zayn's double debut on NXT (via youtube, because living in the US isn't great ALL the time lol) and his 2nd match of the night, with Cesaro was pretty good. They worked well together, but they're not exactly strangers. I don't think there are too many people better to give him the rub that Cesaro.

I might have misheard this, but I found it interested that I BELIEVE I heard the NXT announcer mention that these guys are very familiar with eachother, having met around the world before and shit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh [MENTION=198]Weez[/MENTION], usually I'd say don't break kayfabe ffs, but I'm not anti-IWC I'm more anti people who think they know more than everyone else without having the slightest clue.

I used to be like that, made me a miserable person. I met some people over the years, learned some shit and now I try drop knowledge, but people seem to act like I'm trolling because of it.

It would be nice for people to actually look things up before they ttake everything I disagree with as a direct insult to them.

I like Generico btw, he's Canadian....French, but don't hold that against him.

Oh and....Don't break kayfabe ffs.

Weez

Reaction score
Oh [MENTION=198]Weez[/MENTION] anti people who think they know more than everyone else without having the slightest clue.

Yeah, like I said, the IWC. :) I wasn't hatin'. I hate the blind Indy love as much as I hate the blind Meathead love. Like, what ever happened to Batistwo? What is his fucking name? Mason Ryan I think? lol.

But Generico is legit. Always liked the guy, Loved the gimmick. French Canadian Ginger Mexican Luchador? Sign me up! They seem to be pulling a similar story to the Danielson intro shit. "Traveled the world to get to the big leagues, wrestling in High Schools and shit." Except..he's not jobbing like there's no tomorrow. He won his debut match, then answered Cesaro's open challenge a bit later and won again. Got about 18 mins of wrestling over two matches in his debut week on a 1 hour show. I like the booking.

New Guy. :loser: Wonder what he can do? :steen: Wins. :kofi: Cool. Answers open challenge. :sting: GUTS! HEART! INTESTINAL FORTITUDE! Wins again over former US Champ. :cesaro:

Whoever's booking NXT needs to get a promotion lol. :hhh2:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Him winning in nXt is way different than being on Smackdow or Raw, will probs job him to Khali or Swagger for shits n giggles, get some writers to look for online feedback and the whole creative team collectively laugh their aasses off about it the next meeting. Heard a funny Alex Green story detailing that kind of thing on one of the million podcasts out there.

Weez

Reaction score
Him winning in nXt is way different than being on Smackdow or Raw, will probs job him to Khali or Swagger for shits n giggles, get some writers to look for online feedback and the whole creative team collectively laugh their aasses off about it the next meeting. Heard a funny Alex Green story detailing that kind of thing on one of the million podcasts out there.

Understand that, but Good booking is good booking, regardless of the size of the stage. Love it or hate it. Cena's "RUTHLESS AGGRESSION" BS with Angle was a good way to really introduce the kid to the audience.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I understand your understanding of good booking, I doubt Trips has the vindictive personality of a Vince McMahon and undrestands the value of booking for the future. I also hear nothing but good things from people who've worked with Trips and describe him as nothing more than a hardworker and generally nice guy, if your head isn't up your ass and come off as a mark that is. If so, then it's Trips with the shovel about to bury you.

I have confidence in the company going in a better direction than it has been for the past five years or so.

But that's neither here or there, I meant to say nobody has to be a bodybuilder to get on top, you just have to get yourself over.And I mean over in the way of an entire crowd loving your schtick, not a niche group of people who don't buy the amount of merch or contribute enough ratings neccessary to make the company money.

Jus sayin'