CM Punk's Leaving / Staying / Shooting Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Something that really pisses me off but is a minor deal is how WWE is said to want to push angles through social media yet they don't have guys Twitter handles on their entrances graphics like the UFC does. Granted you can find them on the WWE website if you can be arsed trawling through it and it's not exactly hard to google it, but something that would take the production crew minutes to do could really improve their followings.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd have to rely on Twitter more than Google to get upset about that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

- As noted before, some of the CM Punk and WWE storyline is expected to play out in other outlets beside WWE TV. Word is that the idea for now is to try a unique balancing act with Punk to be kept in the news with the WWE Title while WWE acts like he doesn’t exist. WWE has been calling in favors to try and get Punk booked on things like late night talk shows where they can continue the storyline.

WWE talents have been told not to mention Punk’s name in interviews for now, as well as on Twitter and Facebook. On Monday’s RAW, John Cena was scripted to slip-up and mention Punk’s name. Also before RAW hit the air, Justin Roberts announced that WWE management has banned the fans from chanting Punk’s name – which just led to them chanting it, as seen on TV.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Going all out on this thing if this is legit. Guess this is all gonna lead to HHH signing him back some kind of way.

teampastywhite

Reaction score
I have no idea on what the truth is, and that is how wrestling should be.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
CM Punk crashed the joint Mattel/WWE panel—WWE: Past, Present and Future—this afternoon at the San Diego Comic-Con, featuring Triple H, Rey Mysterio and WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart.

Punk announced himself via bullhorn and then, with the WWE Championship in hand, sauntered to the designated question-asking microphone and began to speak. The Straight Edge Superstar took exception to WWE attempting to crown a new champion on Raw and then challenged Mysterio, or anyone else who wanted to be champ, to head out to Chicago to take him on.

Punk then asked Triple H and creative writer Brian Gewirtz why Zack Ryder wasn't on television. Triple H, in what appeared to be a kayfabe response, told Punk that things had changed on Raw and there was a new regime. He told Punk to give him a call. Punk responded by telling Hunter that he was certain Stephanie had his number.
Hopefully some sort of fan footage gets uploaded of this because that last line is classic :lmao

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
[video=youtube;2NAvDqglbAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NAvDqglbAE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
That was quick. Great interaction between HHH and Punk they should have some great segments on Raw in weeks to come.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Punk is the fucking man plain and simple. That was great stuff can't wait to see HHH/Punk in a segment. Both play the smart ass role perfectly.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Going back just a couple months before Punk's now infamous speech I realized every week he was getting high quality opponents and the chance to have at least a good TV match. Of course since he was already at least considered an upper midcard talent he was getting great wrestlers on PPV as well. I think when he realized his contract was running out he starting pulling is weight and even pushed an idea for a huge angle. I do think he resigned in the meantime, but WWE didn't get ultimately behind it until after that one promo. It seems Punk is calling the shots currently. "It seems" being the key phrase, I'm sure a lot of the Raw writing crew and the higher ups approve all these outside ideas before they actually happen and even tweak them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Is SummerSlam having one of those Axxes events or however you spell it this year? With there being loads of WWE cameras already there, that would be a great place for them to do another CM Punk crashing with him setting up his own table and such.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
yes, cause i remember reports saying edge might be there. but i don't know if they were fake tho.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
hh1o.jpg