CM Punk MITB

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SnackZ

Reaction score
I like the idea of him cashing it in immediately after Edge gets the title back from Taker. It would make for a great run for both these guys over the next couple of years. Punk and Edge are part of the future of the business and Punk doing to Edge exactly what he did to Cena and Taker would only make it better.

If he goes to Raw and takes on Orton I doubt the E would allow Orton to lose to him. They are trying to build Orton up as the ultimate heel and losing to Punk (this early in Punks tenure in the E) would not look good for Orton.

Staying on ECW and challenging Kane or wasting the MITB on the ECW title would just be plain stupid on the E's part.

So Edge beats Taker/Punk beats Edge same night=pure win!

Haze187

Reaction score
I read around that they are going to move him to RAW and build him up with the briefcase so I guess he might just end up being the man carrying RAW on his back.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I like the idea of him cashing it in immediately after Edge gets the title back from Taker. It would make for a great run for both these guys over the next couple of years. Punk and Edge are part of the future of the business and Punk doing to Edge exactly what he did to Cena and Taker would only make it better.

If he goes to Raw and takes on Orton I doubt the E would allow Orton to lose to him. They are trying to build Orton up as the ultimate heel and losing to Punk (this early in Punks tenure in the E) would not look good for Orton.

Staying on ECW and challenging Kane or wasting the MITB on the ECW title would just be plain stupid on the E's part.

So Edge beats Taker/Punk beats Edge same night=pure win!

I think it will be a while till punk gets a title because taker will probably etleast have a 4 month reign.

xImpulsive

Reaction score
I heard that they want CM Punk to go to RAW, so he will move or there while challenging the WHC champ for the title.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Id like to see him on smack down. He would get lost in the sea of main eventers at raw, Well pre draft Raw that is, but i cant see draft changing that main event setup at Raw to much anyways, be mid carders for mid carders with exception of one or two main eventers say y2y swap for tista. Anyway back on topic. Punk would be much better off at smack down with slow building Feuds and booked right he could become a major player in the WWE

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Cm punk vs edge fued would be good we already saw a match between them. It would actually make alot of sense for them to fued against each other.

Sangre

Reaction score
Punk winning the MITB was no surprise to me know I hope when the draft comes around they switch him over to Raw in a main event feud with Orton, or switch to smackdown! to face Undertaker. Preferable for punk to go to SD! and turn heel and show his true talent like he did in Roh can see him and Taker having a classic feud over the WHC title. Orton feud would be nice along with that it would move Cena and Triple H out of the title scene.

RKOrton.

Reaction score
Sadly, I see him going over to RAW to feud with Orton probably. Maybe even HHH if Orton/HHH continue their feud. I'd like it more if he went to SD or even stayed on ECW, but I don't think that's going to happen right now.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Well, personally I hope Punk gets injured and loses it like Kennedy did last year. I just don't want Punk to get the Championship yet, I knew he'd win MITB, but damn man. I want others to go and win before he does. If he goes to SD! he should not win it from Taker, Umaga or Big Show should. if He goes to RAW, he shouldn't win it from Orton.....but then again I don't want HHH to win it or Cena either. I'd actually vote for Truth even know it won't happen. But Punk shouldn't of won it, NOT AT ALL. Y2J should have won that. He's been coming around getting his groove back, and finally gave credibility back to that IC Title agayn. So I hope Punk does not get any World Title for atleast a year and a half, to two years. Before Finlay, Umaga, and Jericho, Kennedy or MVP. That's what I think

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Well, personally I hope Punk gets injured and loses it like Kennedy did last year. I just don't want Punk to get the Championship yet, I knew he'd win MITB, but damn man. I want others to go and win before he does. If he goes to SD! he should not win it from Taker, Umaga or Big Show should. if He goes to RAW, he shouldn't win it from Orton.....but then again I don't want HHH to win it or Cena either. I'd actually vote for Truth even know it won't happen. But Punk shouldn't of won it, NOT AT ALL. Y2J should have won that. He's been coming around getting his groove back, and finally gave credibility back to that IC Title agayn. So I hope Punk does not get any World Title for atleast a year and a half, to two years. Before Finlay, Umaga, and Jericho, Kennedy or MVP. That's what I think

I totally agree he should have won the match. It would be a great way to turn him heel and go to smackdown. He could have went to smackdown and attacked undertaker which would have been great.

Haze187

Reaction score
I wasn't too happy with the way Jericho beat Punk tonight, it was a great match but I think he should've at least won by a roll up and not make Punk look weaker. And I'm not too happy about him not even getting mic time to talk about him winning the MITB match, what the hell is WWE doing...

Qwake

Punk to Raw! if CM Punk fueded with Randy Orton for the title or cashed the mitb in for the wwe title that would be awesome! I dont know why Punk won it really though, I thought jericho would win...

1chiban

Reaction score
I think the thing with MITB is that established stars who have already won a world title (I'm excluding the ECW title here, as its frankly meaningless) won't win MITB - its for building new stars and new champions.

the dark knight

you guys are kinda over-reacting.

first of all, its impossible for him to win the title on raw with all these guys they have. its gonna be smackdown's title. 2nd, WHY SO SOON? cenamark summed it all up. the 2 things i might disagree with are:
1) he could turn heel....so he CAN cash in right after a match is done on a ppv.
2) if he's gonne win the the rumble, it means he's gonna be in wrestlemania's main event. not thE main event, but one of them...still a main event. and i dont see that happening in WM25, its a lil bit too soon for punk. they'll probably give him a title reign before that. lets say......no mercy?