CM Punk fired from AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This thread is still going?

Just to reiterate because you need to when it comes to even slight defenses of Pariahs, but Punk is mostly the one in the wrong for how his AEW run ended. He couldn’t control his reactions to things he felt were disrespectful and got into fights, but the key here is 99% of what Punk did wrong was in how he reacted. I feel like people have a tendency when someone is mostly in the wrong to then absolve everyone else involved. If you don’t have a performer shooting about a backstage issue they had over a glass spot on live PPV, there’s no backstage blowup over it.

I don’t know what other Punk fans are hopeful to see happen here as I’m mostly just, as Phil said in the above post, looking to move on. I love Punk, but I’m honestly done talking about him when it’s not about his matches or promos. So I don’t personally know if I’d say I’m hopeful he shows up at Survivor Series.

That being said, I do think there’s some false equivalencies being made when it comes to why those fans might feel it’ll be different. His WWE run was NOT the same as his AEW one. He was there from 2005-2014, almost ten years and he did not have a history like he did his much shorter run in AEW. Punk’s issue with WWE didn’t come until near the end of that run and was over creative differences and he wanted more time off for his health as he felt the road was making him sick. He wasn’t fired from WWE for behavioral issues. He walked out and was fired for not returning to work after Vince hoped he’d come back like Austin in a similar fashion earlier.

Would Phil be able to make it work in WWE after his disaster of an AEW run or would that pollute his mind no matter where he went next? Hard to say, but I can say that WWE doesn’t play games when it comes to going into business on live television so I feel that factor would be removed from the equation as would rumors that he had the stroke to get anyone fired. He’d just be a cog in the machine.

Punk wouldn’t have the fuel to excuse his abhorrent behavior so if he randomly snapped at people and started fights for simply not liking him, he’ll look even worse than he already clearly does, but before AEW that was not his legacy so it’s hard to say.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I was already typing this up with cog in the machine when I posted and then saw Jeff post that. :slip:

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
he didn't have any instances that WERE REPORTED you mean
:cudi

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He did start fights in roh n allegedly got knocked out by Teddy Hart

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Personally if he goes to WWE, it would be whatever to me. Never saw him as “THE” top guy when he was there. Even at his most popular.

I think the biggest difference from the two companies would be, nobody in WWE would let Punk get away with the shit he got away with in AEW.

You think he’s gonna sit next to Triple H at a Summerslam press conference and say “I work with fuckin children” and be allowed to continue his rant? In WWE, he’d be on a much shorter leash.

That being said, if they want a one year out of him and he’s cool with that, ending it with a retirement match at Mania. Cool. If he actually hangs it up this time, Cool.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Personally if he goes to WWE, it would be whatever to me. Never saw him as “THE” top guy when he was there. Even at his most popular.

I think the biggest difference from the two companies would be, nobody in WWE would let Punk get away with the shit he got away with in AEW.

You think he’s gonna sit next to Triple H at a Summerslam press conference and say “I work with fuckin children” and be allowed to continue his rant? In WWE, he’d be on a much shorter leash.

That being said, if they want a one year out of him and he’s cool with that, ending it with a retirement match at Mania. Cool. If he actually hangs it up this time, Cool.
I've said it before though. How would you stop him? I agree wwe is a tighter ship n would punish him quicker. But he's still gonna do the damage. They ain't taking over his Instagram. So shorter leash or not, he's still gonna shit on your carpet. Metaphorically speaking

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Wrestling is a pretty testosterone fueled business, so I think most performers have gotten into one fight or another. It just becomes a problem if you decide that’s how you’re going to solve every single one of your problems like Phil thought was a great idea at the end there. So it’s up to him if he can curb that in the WWE or not. Like I said in my above post though I’m not necessarily pulling for it because I’m honestly just over talking about it. So I probably be relieved if he didn’t. That being said if he did show up, of course I’m gonna be in that thread and I’m gonna be marking out like a motherfucker. And then once that is over with just hoping, I don’t see his name in the dirt sheets.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I've said it before though. How would you stop him? I agree wwe is a tighter ship n would punish him quicker. But he's still gonna do the damage. They ain't taking over his Instagram. So shorter leash or not, he's still gonna shit on your carpet. Metaphorically speaking
You wanna be vague and cryptic on Twitter or IG? Fine. A ton of wrestlers. I’m just saying the company and their figureheads wouldn’t sit there and let him embarrass them in public in a live interview.

As far as I recall, he never went into business for himself when he had a microphone in his first WWE. All his “Pipebombs” were worked shoots.

I think deep down, he has too much respect for Vince to go out on live TV and say something crazy.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
You wanna be vague and cryptic on Twitter or IG? Fine. A ton of wrestlers. I’m just saying the company and their figureheads wouldn’t sit there and let him embarrass them in public in a live interview.

As far as I recall, he never went into business for himself when he had a microphone in his first WWE. All his “Pipebombs” were worked shoots.

I think deep down, he has too much respect for Vince to go out on live TV and say something crazy.
Perhaps . Fwiw he dud more than b cryptic he straight up talked about backstage discussions n mox not wanting to put him over - while being suspended by aew / out on injury .

Idk if he respects Vince or not , nor hhh

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I just want to see him wrestle again and put all of this nonsense in the past. As a fan I don’t want to see his wrestling career end like that, and this is in no way condoning his actions but I feel like he’s too good imo to have his career go down like that.

Ultimately I think it’s up to him whatever he does and whatever makes him happy. Selfishly I just don’t want to see his wrestling career end like that.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I mean the fact that he literally got suspended for fighting and the first thing he does when he comes back is get into another fight is just mental :lol