*CLOSED ATM* The EWR Challenge! (S1 - WWE 2016)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you want a Season Two of the EWR Challenge centred around a different scenario?

• No - I want to keep going with this save for longer than that!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
The only person now left to cast their vote is @Crithu, but his vote cannot change the outcome. I hereby announce that the EWR Challenge: Season 2 will begin after this coming WrestleMania (in game, duh). Send in all your ideas for its theme and rules and I'll start collecting them! The ideas as they stand are:

• McMahon Family Feud (potentially involving a system of sharing one file? Maybe? Otherwise we pick one promotion that we each book in that world, same as this time)
  • WCW (vs WWE), starting in January 1995? Or 1996?
  • WWE 2009

EC DUB! EC DUB!

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I didn't know what you meant :p
you asked which year. 1999 or I just realised the thing about the 2007 re-birth that would need modifing...so if you don't like the ECW thing. We could also do The Rise of Honor or Altern8

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
I like ECW 1999. Added to list.

What are those last two?

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
OK so in my save Shinsuke Nakamura got injured before he could win the World title at TLC, as I showed you guys. I had planned to feud him with Kevin Owens into Mania, but have instead slotted KO into Naka's feud with Dean Ambrose (champ), to win the title at Royal Rumble.

f833a1a9b5f1845fc850cc1d24a61ed9.png

This is my new dilemma: I am left with two potential guys to feud Kevin Owens with for the title into WrestleMania - and both have serious pros and cons.
1ed1c4588d211ceac76af35352a8f805.png

Important stats compared to KO:

Over: -6
Charisma: -8
Brawl: -8
7c50616c18081a084ab14135b254c1b6.png

Important stats compared to KO:

Over: -6
Charisma: -3
Brawl: -14

So:

-Roman is a significantly better brawler than Seth
-So is probably more likely to put good matches on with Owens
-So he'll probably have a better feud and Mania match than Rollins

But:

-Roman is 5 worse than Seth for charisma, will have an effect on build and match.
-He is not at all well rounded, meaning the WHC is still going to be the exclusive property of the brawlers. (This is big - it's the exact reason I wanted Nakamura - as he also has great Technical) Rollins means that in future I can put the best guy at any time in the WHC feud cos he can put on a match with anyone.
-Grrrrr Roman Reigns noooooooo my smark pride and dignity

Realistically, Reigns will have the better match with Owens at Mania, but if the challenge continues past there Seth will be a better champion (so if I feud Roman with Owens, KO is keeping the belt. If I feud him with Rollins, I'll put Seth over). So, realistically, I'm waiting for the result of this poll (closer than I thought so far!) before I make a decision - if we end at Mania I'll have Roman win the Rumble to face Owens, and Rollins if we keep going after that.

Also, this feud starts leading into Fast Lane so one of these guys may be much more over (or injured!) when I get to there, they're both in feuds into the Rumble. So really I've got to wait and see. Thoughts, though?
Steal my Owens as champ huh... I see your game Geek. Right honestly I think you're better off using Roman Reigns. Both have the same overness so both will gather the same heat. Roman will have the better matches where as Seth will just really suffer with the match quality. Seems like Reigns is the much better bet with Seth and Owens being the dream match which will suffer after the first ppv.
The only person now left to cast their vote is @Crithu, but his vote cannot change the outcome. I hereby announce that the EWR Challenge: Season 2 will begin after this coming WrestleMania (in game, duh). Send in all your ideas for its theme and rules and I'll start collecting them! The ideas as they stand are:

• McMahon Family Feud (potentially involving a system of sharing one file? Maybe? Otherwise we pick one promotion that we each book in that world, same as this time)
  • WCW (vs WWE), starting in January 1995? Or 1996?
  • WWE 2009

I liked the ECW 2007 mod idea. I don't really wanna do WWE again tbh. Would rather have a totally new season. ECW or TNA for me. The Mcmahon family feud needs a little more in depth roster. I've already done the wcw and guys are either OP as fuck, or under rated. But both want really high wage.

DylanTM

Dylan™
Reaction score
WCW or ECW I'd say. I'd prefer to keep my TNA Challenge a noncompetitive hobby.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Steal my Owens as champ huh... I see your game Geek. Right honestly I think you're better off using Roman Reigns. Both have the same overness so both will gather the same heat. Roman will have the better matches where as Seth will just really suffer with the match quality. Seems like Reigns is the much better bet with Seth and Owens being the dream match which will suffer after the first ppv.
Especially now that Mania is the last PPV - yeah, it's gonna be Roman. Which means he'll have to go clean over Crews this PPV. Grr.

I liked the ECW 2007 mod idea. I don't really wanna do WWE again tbh. Would rather have a totally new season. ECW or TNA for me. The Mcmahon family feud needs a little more in depth roster. I've already done the wcw and guys are either OP as fuck, or under rated. But both want really high wage.
ECW 2007 added.

Give me explanations, not downloads!

The list now:

• McMahon Family Feud
  • WCW, starting in January 1995
  • WWE 2009
  • ECW 1999
  • ECW 2007

Any other ideas, people? And how are the Royal Rumble builds going?

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
abd7751ab634ac69b21c7b8d732047dc.png

Going into the Rumble. Wyatt-Cena will be fun. For the tag feud, I need to find a way to turn Gotch heel then debut English as a heel without damaging my feud build. Other than that... this'll be fun. :)

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Especially now that Mania is the last PPV - yeah, it's gonna be Roman. Which means he'll have to go clean over Crews this PPV. Grr.

ECW 2007 added.

Give me explanations, not downloads!

The list now:

• McMahon Family Feud
  • WCW, starting in January 1995
  • WWE 2009
  • ECW 1999
  • ECW 2007
Any other ideas, people? And how are the Royal Rumble builds going?
Rise of Honor is set in 2014, IIRC, and has ROH as a national company with CM Punk, Bryan Danielson and other workhorses on the roster. So it's like WWE never hired any of the guys and it could be fun

Altern8 is an alternate reality where it's real wrestlers but positioned very differently and have different gimmicks than their counterpart which could make for some funny situations...AKA ROH is in NWA and CM Punk is a referee and Jim Cornette manages Randy Orton and Ken Doane!

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Rise of Honor is set in 2014, IIRC, and has ROH as a national company with CM Punk, Bryan Danielson and other workhorses on the roster. So it's like WWE never hired any of the guys and it could be fun

Altern8 is an alternate reality where it's real wrestlers but positioned very differently and have different gimmicks than their counterpart which could make for some funny situations...AKA ROH is in NWA and CM Punk is a referee and Jim Cornette manages Randy Orton and Ken Doane!
Rise of Honor could be cool but I wanna keep things semi-realistic so I don't want altern8. Rise of Honor is in though.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Rise of Honor could be cool but I wanna keep things semi-realistic so I don't want altern8. Rise of Honor is in though.
but....
upload_2016-7-3_13-5-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-3_13-5-13.png
    upload_2016-7-3_13-5-13.png
    413.7 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.