*CLOSED ATM* The EWR Challenge! (S1 - WWE 2016)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you want a Season Two of the EWR Challenge centred around a different scenario?

• No - I want to keep going with this save for longer than that!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanTM

Reaction score
Right, so yesterday I had technical difficulties with Twitch, and it's becoming more and more likely that Twitch Streams will no longer be a thing. That's sad, but would anybody like me to do YouTube Videos instead? I've made one already (below), but I want to see if any of ye would even be interested in watching. This video is the TNA Challenge I mentioned above, but I could do WWE.

Since this video was a lot more explainy, it went on for longer and had more talk. I can't say for certain, but more videos would be more silent (although I will try to keep the chat up).

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Right, so yesterday I had technical difficulties with Twitch, and it's becoming more and more likely that Twitch Streams will no longer be a thing. That's sad, but would anybody like me to do YouTube Videos instead? I've made one already (below), but I want to see if any of ye would even be interested in watching. This video is the TNA Challenge I mentioned above, but I could do WWE.

Since this video was a lot more explainy, it went on for longer and had more talk. I can't say for certain, but more videos would be more silent (although I will try to keep the chat up).

I really like the idea of the challenge you're doing and YT is an obvious alternative to Twitch. While I can't promise I'd watch all the vids I'd defo have a look when possible. Also... you, sir, are extremely Irish. xD

• Haha
Reactions: DylanTM

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score

I've started doing your tna challenge tae. WWE didn't release any real top guys on my save.

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score

I've started doing your tna challenge tae. WWE didn't release any real top guys on my save.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
18d54238fe6f30119d147dc3a4565f00.png

My game keeps crashing whenever I try and finish the booking of this SD arghhhh

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
My side game is an all women's promotion. My only goal is to try and get to the number 1 spot. We are currently at cult level with 24% image. Obviously I went for all of the best female talent (I have people like AJ Lee, Sasha Banks, Asuka, Gail Kim, etc.)

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score

WWEF's new Jacksepticeye!
18d54238fe6f30119d147dc3a4565f00.png

My game keeps crashing whenever I try and finish the booking of this SD arghhhh
That's why, you have a romance angle with Balor and Catrina...

• Haha
Reactions: Geek773

DylanTM

Reaction score
Also... you, sir, are extremely Irish. xD

That's quite the complement. :D I'm assuming it's the speed at which I talk.

But yeah, you wouldn't need to watch EVERY SINGLE one, but it'd be good (recurring line in the video, alongside ''Yeah, so like...'') if you caught up whenever possible.

I guess that makes the challenge a lit harder :D

They released Miz, Austin and Hulk, but Miz wanted a non-wrestler role (God knows why) and Austin and Hulk are WAY out of my wage league. Matt Hardy is also available if you're willing to pay roughly 140,000 a month. I'm not, but you can go about the challenge your way.
93983723b05c745f903f003d3a6548ad.png

Here are the guys I've signed. In true TNA fashion, I have tweaked their names slightly. Let's have a guessing game, shall we?

Chas Cass = Shad Gaspard (Finishers: Diving Cass Body, Cass Man Slam...yep)
Cody Reynolds = Cody Runnels (Rhodes/Stardust)
Damien Stevens = Idol Stevens (Sandow)
Jedediah Brown = Elijah Burke (because D'Angelo Dinero is overrated.)
Kenneth Umaga = Kenny Omega (Yes, Umaga is a surname. See New Zealand rugby player)
Micháel Whipwall = Mickey Whiplash (Cross between Sting and Drew McIntyre...)
MVP = Montel Montavious Porter (I always though it was Vontavious...)
Tajuru = Tajiri (Japanese Low Ki)

Reactions: Geek773

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
That's quite the complement. :D I'm assuming it's the speed at which I talk.

But yeah, you wouldn't need to watch EVERY SINGLE one, but it'd be good (recurring line in the video, alongside ''Yeah, so like...'') if you caught up whenever possible.

I guess that makes the challenge a lit harder :D

They released Miz, Austin and Hulk, but Miz wanted a non-wrestler role (God knows why) and Austin and Hulk are WAY out of my wage league. Matt Hardy is also available if you're willing to pay roughly 140,000 a month. I'm not, but you can go about the challenge your way.
93983723b05c745f903f003d3a6548ad.png

Here are the guys I've signed. In true TNA fashion, I have tweaked their names slightly. Let's have a guessing game, shall we?

Chas Cass = Shad Gaspard (Finishers: Diving Cass Body, Cass Man Slam...yep)
Cody Reynolds = Cody Runnels (Rhodes/Stardust)
Damien Stevens = Idol Stevens (Sandow)
Jedediah Brown = Elijah Burke (because D'Angelo Dinero is overrated.)
Kenneth Umaga = Kenny Omega (Yes, Umaga is a surname. See New Zealand rugby player)
Micháel Whipwall = Mickey Whiplash (Cross between Sting and Drew McIntyre...)
MVP = Montel Montavious Porter (I always though it was Vontavious...)
Tajuru = Tajiri (Japanese Low Ki)
Yeah I only grabbed a few of the WWE guys (alot of them are in development) but here's my Wrestling Incorporated
iz9xffD.png

Not gonna lie.. Jericho is on a really high wage. But you gotta spend money to make money. It was impossible to sign Steve Austin on a written contract. Kidd and Smith will stay in development for the time being. The only real guys I signed were on guys with atleast 80 technical and guys for the future.

DylanTM

Reaction score
Technically, Jericho starts off as a free agent in this game, not WWE; but I'll let you away with it because IRL he didn't wrestle for anybody except for WWE so technically he was released from WWE, and also that high wage. What's he on? 200,000 per month?

Also uploaded my first show. Things went wrong. Maybe you can learn from my mistakes:

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
Technically, Jericho starts off as a free agent in this game, not WWE; but I'll let you away with it because IRL he didn't wrestle for anybody except for WWE so technically he was released from WWE, and also that high wage. What's he on? 200,000 per month?

Also uploaded my first show. Things went wrong. Maybe you can learn from my mistakes:

Yeah straight after my first show I asked for a new time slot and I got prime time. Jericho is on 215,000 per month... But his stats are just hard to argue and I need draw power. Plus he'll make the Wrestling Incorporated look like a real threat.... When it happens. I have Tajiri as his little lacky so it's all good. I've just completed my 4th show (btw after your 2nd show.. it's the ppv) Colt Cabana is my comedy character. Anyway i'll show you my current feuds
aa3JHta.png

The only champion that is different is my NWA champion, which is Samoa Joe.

DylanTM

Reaction score
Yeah straight after my first show I asked for a new time slot and I got prime time. Jericho is on 215,000 per month... But his stats are just hard to argue and I need draw power. Plus he'll make the Wrestling Incorporated look like a real threat.... When it happens. I have Tajiri as his little lacky so it's all good. I've just completed my 4th show (btw after your 2nd show.. it's the ppv) Colt Cabana is my comedy character. Anyway i'll show you my current feuds

The only champion that is different is my NWA champion, which is Samoa Joe.

Right after the end of that second episode, I got a prime time slot aswell. Should've though of it earlier to be honest, but yeah.

Never thought about using a new signing as my comedy character. I just got Danielson ASAP. Incidentally, my comedy character is Monty Brown, the guy Colt is feuding on your save. And I just noticed, how do you have Danielson and Cobana when the rules say that you can only have one signing a month?

Wrestling Inc is looking good, but 215k? Holy shit. Angle too? Fuck. Another note, Team 3D and Christian are going to cost you a tonne.

I moved the PPV, so that it wouldn't clash with WWE's PPV and to cater to guys with Japanese Commitments.

c658ccae6a2418772dc3c326340ac660.png

Fortune = Styles & Daniels (I know that's their modern name, but it sounds sick as fuck)
Hydra = Jay Lethal & Sabin.

Also, @Geek773 , any progress on that SmackDown?

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Also, @Geek773 , any progress on that SmackDown?
I auto booked that and the next SD even though RAW worked, da blue brand being straaaaaange...

Anyway this PPV was QUITE the rollercoaster...

Finn Balor vs Chad Gable
e7432401bdbdfce256441616863c58ba.png

Umm... how?! I don't understand why 69% is thought to be reasonable from two tech geniuses in an IRON MAN match (it's not like I gave them Tables!). I guess EWR thinks it's a pure brawling stipulation but idk why.

Hardy and Richards vs BNB and Rusev (Tag Team Championships)
a189af2ce9a2c690789b10a8a6efd214.png

TF IS THIIIIIS?!?!? Hardcore tag titles match with two brawler teams gets this? How? At this point a good rating looked impossible...

Roman Reigns vs Apollo Crews
1afc955912dba57786eaf4456f07fb1e.png

Now we're getting back on track, this is OK for Apollo who isn't that over but it doesn't look like enough to claw back a 90%.

Sami Zayn vs Rich Swann (United States Championship)
bfa4bd1cd2d26e5297400073b2cc3612.png

CLUTCH! Killer match, excited for this feud's possibilities. Bringing that average back...

EC3 vs Cesaro
6285261742ef43ea6401de85f0bfd912.png

Keeping the trend going, that crowd reaction thooooo...

Seth Rollins vs Neville
fe97fd70d69000972f0d6cd039146488.png

For a pair of high fliers, the MQ isn't outstanding. Hopefully that improves as this feud continues...

AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan (Intercontinental Championship)
9ee4fec327113fe18c656488d51e30d5.png

These two predictably killing it, hoping for a 99-100% on the blowoff match for this feud at the Rumble.

At this stage, the success of the PPV hinged on the ME, with some early failures propped up by some moderate later successes. Kevin Owens subbed in for Shinsuke Nakamura, little feud build time, and a high rating needed. But then...

Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
88f5839cc8e1c4ba6aa60ad2496a5479.png

OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY!!! How on earth that 99% overall rating happened I don't even know but it really doesn't bother me. KO is going over at the Rumble to set up a 3 month feud with somebody into WrestleMania.

42bfb07d451da922593afc88a3e4e602.png

Well it's not 92%, but with those two early BOMBS it's not bad at all.

Tables, Ladders and Chairs:

1. @That Guy Dylanderch AND @Crithu AND @AfricanScatMahn = 92%
4. @Geek773 = 91%
5. @Mike Thunder AND @The ReagMaster = 90%

Average rating:

1. @AfricanScatMahn = 91.7%
2. @Crithu = 91.3%
3. @Mike Thunder = 91%
4. @That Guy Dylanderch = 89.7%
5. @The ReagMaster = 88.3%
6. @Geek773 = 88% (LAST MONTH'S BDS, OK?!?!)

Firstly, GEEK SANDWICH xD Secondly, this challenge has taken a hike in awesomeness with aaaaaaall the returning members. And thirdly, HAHA I BEAT @The ReagMaster THIS PPV. Also, none of your clique beat @AfricanScatMahn!

On the other hand, can we, like, please make this 3v3? WHO'S PUTTING THE CHAIR IN REAG'S BACK: @That Guy Dylanderch (I'm half Irish!!!) or @Mike Thunder (remember what a great friend Jack Rogue was to you?)???

I'll open the road to the Rumble asap :)

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I auto booked that and the next SD even though RAW worked, da blue brand being straaaaaange...

Anyway this PPV was QUITE the rollercoaster...

Finn Balor vs Chad Gable
e7432401bdbdfce256441616863c58ba.png

Umm... how?! I don't understand why 69% is thought to be reasonable from two tech geniuses in an IRON MAN match (it's not like I gave them Tables!). I guess EWR thinks it's a pure brawling stipulation but idk why.

Hardy and Richards vs BNB and Rusev (Tag Team Championships)
a189af2ce9a2c690789b10a8a6efd214.png

TF IS THIIIIIS?!?!? Hardcore tag titles match with two brawler teams gets this? How? At this point a good rating looked impossible...

Roman Reigns vs Apollo Crews
1afc955912dba57786eaf4456f07fb1e.png

Now we're getting back on track, this is OK for Apollo who isn't that over but it doesn't look like enough to claw back a 90%.

Sami Zayn vs Rich Swann (United States Championship)
bfa4bd1cd2d26e5297400073b2cc3612.png

CLUTCH! Killer match, excited for this feud's possibilities. Bringing that average back...

EC3 vs Cesaro
6285261742ef43ea6401de85f0bfd912.png

Keeping the trend going, that crowd reaction thooooo...

Seth Rollins vs Neville
fe97fd70d69000972f0d6cd039146488.png

For a pair of high fliers, the MQ isn't outstanding. Hopefully that improves as this feud continues...

AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan (Intercontinental Championship)
9ee4fec327113fe18c656488d51e30d5.png

These two predictably killing it, hoping for a 99-100% on the blowoff match for this feud at the Rumble.

At this stage, the success of the PPV hinged on the ME, with some early failures propped up by some moderate later successes. Kevin Owens subbed in for Shinsuke Nakamura, little feud build time, and a high rating needed. But then...

Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
88f5839cc8e1c4ba6aa60ad2496a5479.png

OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY!!! How on earth that 99% overall rating happened I don't even know but it really doesn't bother me. KO is going over at the Rumble to set up a 3 month feud with somebody into WrestleMania.

42bfb07d451da922593afc88a3e4e602.png

Well it's not 92%, but with those two early BOMBS it's not bad at all.

Tables, Ladders and Chairs:

1. @That Guy Dylanderch AND @Crithu AND @AfricanScatMahn = 92%
4. @Geek773 = 91%
5. @Mike Thunder AND @The ReagMaster = 90%

Average rating:

1. @AfricanScatMahn = 91.7%
2. @Crithu = 91.3%
3. @Mike Thunder = 91%
4. @That Guy Dylanderch = 89.7%
5. @The ReagMaster = 88.3%
6. @Geek773 = 88% (LAST MONTH'S BDS, OK?!?!)

Firstly, GEEK SANDWICH xD Secondly, this challenge has taken a hike in awesomeness with aaaaaaall the returning members. And thirdly, HAHA I BEAT @The ReagMaster THIS PPV. Also, none of your clique beat @AfricanScatMahn!

On the other hand, can we, like, please make this 3v3? WHO'S PUTTING THE CHAIR IN REAG'S BACK: @That Guy Dylanderch (I'm half Irish!!!) or @Mike Thunder (remember what a great friend Jack Rogue was to you?)???

I'll open the road to the Rumble asap :)
I like that average rating though...also how many months have you been on one save file and you barely beat the guy who not only pretty much made it up as he went along, he only had 11 days til the PPV. Just want to point that out. (Also no, you can try to create a underdog story here so why do you want to make it fair and boring?)

Status
Not open for further replies.