Clearing the Air

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
CenaMark.....I get you......I get why you're a fan. I am just not. I'm not a fan of most faces period because of, surprise surprise, the way they are booked to be world beaters. Never a fan of Hogan, until he turned heel, never a fan of Cena, never a fan of Batista. The one true babyface that I've always been a fan of was Bret Hart. But let's face it. Bret could wrestle circles around all three of those guys blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back and both feet tied together. So I could respect that. Yes I'm not going to argue that Cena has one of the best work ethics in the company. He's even gotten failry good at selling all the moves that are done to him. But to say he's a good wrestler is still a stretch for me. He's still basically a brawler, a la Austin (never all that BIG on Austin either). So I guess I'll never really like him. And to say he's the most popular superstar right now. Eh.....not too sure about that one. More than likely yes I'll have to say you're right. But that is ONLY because of 80% of children under the age of 12 he's the only superstar they know. Which hey, that's fair. As I said earlier Hogan was there to bring in the kids just as Cena is now. But between the main WWE demographic that being males 14-35 or whatever it is.......I think it'd be a bit of a stretch to say he's the most popular superstar. He might not get booed as much in that demographic anymore, but I'd be utterly shocked if he won a poll taken from solely 14-35 year old males on their favorite wrestler. Still think it'd go to someone like Undertaker, Triple H, or Shawn Michaels. Just look how easily HBK ran away with the first two year votes at Taboo Tuesday. Now, obviously Cena wasn't in those polls against Michaels, but still. You know what I'm saying?

King_Ash

Reaction score
^^^ I'm sorta in the same boat, although it was only recent when I became a fan of the heels, I've always been a face kinda guy untill Wrestlemania 22 where it was Triple H vs. Cena for the title. Cena has got to lose at WM23 "His time is up" so to speak, not saying that he shouldnt be in the main event still just not the champion. And I would LOVE if the old WWE title was brought back cause that WWE Spinner belt was good for like what... a year, not its just kinda gay.... wait a sec, when I think about it, its never been good. It used to be about how good the person looked with the title, not it seems like how good the title looks with the person.

Reaction score
Eh I don't mind the spinner belt. Actually I think it's an upgrade from the "JBL Era" WWE Championship belt. That belt was a smaller belt and not very attractive or appealing. In my opinion, scrap it all together. Go with something not quite as flashy as the diamond filled Spinner Belt, but a little more attractive than the last WWE title. Actually the "Attitude Era" belt was pretty good. The winged-eagle was good too, but definitely out dated for the times.

vince0902

Reaction score
The first time I saw John Cena, I hated him. The kind of wrestler I can't see. But now it's one of my favourite, maybe because I don't like those who can't win without cheating.

napalm

Reaction score
He impressed me at royal rumble and at NWO but I'm still not feeling it from him. He has a shit moveset IMO, he is pretty generic, shows not athleticism and seems not very creative (apart from royal rumble), he has improved but i still don't like him and the fact they have used trips, HBK, Umaga and Edge to put him over instead of having him dropping it time after time pisses me off even more.

phantomgerald

cena have actually improved alot over the year. if he continues improving, i think he could have a second reign as champ(unlike batista). watch the matches over the year and you can see a difference

MeanJean65

Reaction score
I dont personally like Cena, but I respect him
Hes a good perfomer, even though im getting really tired of his act

puché the giant

Reaction score
i really think that cena choosed the wrong way he wanted to be the american hero(marine) babyface like that asshole of hogan. I liked his thug gimmick with his world life songs, the chains , the backward pointing cap and the brass knuckles. I think he should win the title as a heel with that gimmick and isntead of his balanced style of wrestling have a brawler style like a thug. He then coiuld have go tweener or something like that. Whatever, Cena did improve this last year he only needs some more asskicking(more strong types of matches like hell in a cell or cage matches he is never been in) and to entertain people in his promos and with his wrestling style in the ring.

Reaction score
I don't mind John Cena at all. He's explosive in the ring and very charismatic like The Rock on the microphone. He connects with the fans and he sells. I think the creative team is a little confused as to which direction to take Cena's character - military gimmick or thug? He is still drawn between the two. Either way, he still makes for entertaining segments and matches on RAW.

Wrestling Station

^^ Good point!! i think when he was as Thug, he was really hyped and i enjoyed his rap that time. Now, as a military/ Marine guy, i just feel its so classic old gimmick. Look at all the old gimmicks that involed military or police man. I prefer him go back to thug or even be with a new gimmick for a change.

Great One

Why are you guys still referring to him as a "gimmick". John Cena is long beyond a gimmick now, I don't see how you don't see that. His character and persona is estabalished as Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, etc. John Cena is John Cena and the thug/marine variation is what they made him as. It's unique in a sense, have you ever seen a thuggish marine anywhere else (although he hardly even acts like the thug anymore besides the low shorts and chains/spinner belt, etc.). I'm sure none of you would refer to Austin as a beer-drinking gimmick? it's what he does not who he was, pretty much the same thing with Cena now. His character will most likely continue to expand and grow, but it will be the same in a sense now that's he's established as this big of a draw, and it's not that bad of a fit, the WWE built him well and it payed off for them, enough said.

Reaction score
I don't have any problems with the last few posts..in fact I agree for the most part......EXCEPT........and it's a MAJOR EXCEPTION........don't ever put The Rock and John Cena in the same breath again. Yes Cena is talented on the mic......but NO ONE will ever compare to Dwayne Johnson.......no one!

Status
Not open for further replies.