Clearing the Air

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

The FU, come on that is the stupidest finisher ever.
How so? You surely can't mean in terms of overness, seeing as how the crowd pops every time he pulls it out. If you're referring to the fact that it's an "overhyped fireman's carry" (Which I've heard numerous times) then you may want to point out that the stunner is an "overhyped neckbreaker" and the Pedigree is an "overhyped facebuster" and the Sweet Chin Music is an "overhyped superkick" and the Angle Slam is an "overhyped slam". Or if you're talking about how "if it were done for real, it wouldn't hurt at all (Which I've heard even more than the "overhyped" excuse) then you may want to look at the People's Elbow or Hogan's Legdrop- the two most over finishers in the wrestling industry.

Cena isnt a hardworker, everything was handed to him by Vince because he brings in money.
How do you know he isn't a hardworker? Have you ever been in a match with him in which you can say that he dragged you down? I'm not saying that I can assert that he's a GOOD worker, I'm just saying that I'm not ignorant enough to assert such a thing.

Whne WWE brought K-Fed in to beat Cena that had to be Cena's best match ever, hands down.
Either you're blind or that was a failed attempt at humor. You may want to put your hands back up if you've seen Cena vs Jericho at Summerslam, Cena vs Angle at No Way Out, Cena vs Triple H at WrestleMania 22, Cena vs Edge at Unforgiven, Cena vs Edge vs Triple H at Backlash, Cena vs JBL at Judgment Day, Cena vs RVD at One Night Stand 2006, John Cena vs Booker T at Summerslam, or Cena vs Christian vs Jericho at Backlash.

Everytime Cena comes on I change the channel. I really hope HBK takes the title from Cena.
I'm curious as to how you knew that Shawn Michaels was facing John Cena at WrestleMania or the caliber of Cena vs K-Fed if you change the channel everytime John Cena is on the TV.

imported_Loki

Reaction score
never have never will like the guy hes a crappy guy all round actually i used to like him when he was the united states champ but just before he became wwe champ i really started to hate him hes a no talent hack

Kool Aid Man

Reaction score
I don't hate cena, it just that I hate the character that WWE has him as. I hate how he has that underdog type of character. When he was heel on SD!, he was awesome! :D but when he went to RAW, thats when things started getting a bit f u c k e d up. That is why I hate Cena's character.

Skadoo92

Reaction score
Dont Really care

Cena is entertaining, but its just not what i want to see hes kinda over reacting with the whole marine stuff. I think thats crap he should go do his rap stuff and go back to smack down. The old cena is better.

the dark knight

I don't hate cena, it just that I hate the character that WWE has him as. I hate how he has that underdog type of character. When he was heel on SD!, he was awesome! :D but when he went to RAW, thats when things started getting a bit f u c k e d up. That is why I hate Cena's character.

agree . his character now is horrible makes me wanna puke .

CenaMark54

^^^The top babyface is supposed to be the underdog. Cena plays that role to perfection.

Do you just want Cena to go out there and squash everyone in 5 minutes? Or do you want him to get beat on for 15 minutes only to lose in the end? That would be real suspenseful television.

I'm sorry, but I really don't beleive Cena's character is a valid excuse for all his hate. He is booked exactly how the top babyface in a wrestling organization should be booked.

mew999

Reaction score
Cena gives me mixed feelings. Sometimes hes okay, sometimes hes horrible. The thing with Cena, is when I think about him, I never think GREAT. Nothing about him stands out to me, and sometimes, though his mic work is pretty good, the things he says on the mic are downright cheesy.

Axis

I just don't like him because of his limited moveset.
Cena's Moveset:
1. Fisherman Suplex
2. FU
3. STFU
4. Protoplex
5. Throwback
6. Toprope Legdrop
7. Belly to Back Suplex
8. 5 Kunckle Shuffle
9. Flying Shoulderblock

Triple H's Movset:
1. Spinbuster
2. Pedigree
3. High Knee
4. Figure Four Leglock
5. Knee Facebuster
6. Knee Drop
7. DDT

Shawn Michaels' Moveset:
1. Sweet Chin Music
2. Flying Elbow
3. Flying Clothesline
4. Inverted Atomic Drop
5. Body Slam

Ric Flair's Moveset:
1. Figure Four Leglock
2. Knife Edge Chop
3. Chop Block

Jeff Hardy's Moveset:
1. Swanton Bomb
2. Whisper in the Wind
3. Twist of Fate
4. Dropkick
5. Sitout Jawbreaker
6. Flying Legdrop
7. Clothesline off of Barricade

Randy Orton's Moveset:
1. RKO
2. Dropkick
3. Inverted Backbreaker
4. Flying Crossbody
5. "Orton" Stomp
6. Body Scissors
7. European Uppercut
8. Falling Clothesline

Edge's Moveset:
1. Spear
2. Edgecution
3. Edge-O-Matic
4. DDT
5. Missile Dropkick
6. Flying Crossbody
7. Electric Chair
8. One-Man Con-Chair-To

Umaga's Moveset:
1. Body Press
2. Samoan Drop
3. Finger Thing
4. Butt-In-Corner Thing

Minus simple clotheslines and punches, those are the movesets of the major players on Raw. If I've forgotten any, please tell me. But, assuming these are correct, you're going to be hardpressed to find anybody on Raw with a larger moveset than John Cena, except maybe Edge.

CenaMark54

Cena's Moveset:
1. Fisherman Suplex
2. FU
3. STFU
4. Protoplex
5. Throwback
6. Toprope Legdrop
7. Belly to Back Suplex
8. 5 Kunckle Shuffle
9. Flying Shoulderblock

Triple H's Movset:
1. Spinbuster
2. Pedigree
3. High Knee
4. Figure Four Leglock
5. Knee Facebuster
6. Knee Drop
7. DDT

Shawn Michaels' Moveset:
1. Sweet Chin Music
2. Flying Elbow
3. Flying Clothesline
4. Inverted Atomic Drop
5. Body Slam

Ric Flair's Moveset:
1. Figure Four Leglock
2. Knife Edge Chop
3. Chop Block

Jeff Hardy's Moveset:
1. Swanton Bomb
2. Whisper in the Wind
3. Twist of Fate
4. Dropkick
5. Sitout Jawbreaker
6. Flying Legdrop
7. Clothesline off of Barricade

Randy Orton's Moveset:
1. RKO
2. Dropkick
3. Inverted Backbreaker
4. Flying Crossbody
5. "Orton" Stomp
6. Body Scissors
7. European Uppercut
8. Falling Clothesline

Edge's Moveset:
1. Spear
2. Edgecution
3. Edge-O-Matic
4. DDT
5. Missile Dropkick
6. Flying Crossbody
7. Electric Chair
8. One-Man Con-Chair-To

Umaga's Moveset:
1. Body Press
2. Samoan Drop
3. Finger Thing
4. Butt-In-Corner Thing

Minus simple clotheslines and punches, those are the movesets of the major players on Raw. If I've forgotten any, please tell me. But, assuming these are correct, you're going to be hardpressed to find anybody on Raw with a larger moveset than John Cena, except maybe Edge.

Nice post and its good to see that. The person you quoted has the classic case of I hate Cena because everyone else does syndrome. He then backs it up with a generic excuse like "He has a small moveset" or "I hate his character" or "he thinks he is a marine"

The simple fact of the matter is that every single wrestler is given a moveset by the WWE and booked to wrestle a certain type of match. Cena is capable of executing hundreds of wrestling moves and holds. John Cena isn't limited in what he can physically do, the WWE tells him what moves he can and can not execute.

small

Reaction score
I think his movie "the marine" sucks ^^

But still a good wrestler

ven0m

Reaction score
:tomato:

I think Cena is a great performer and he has come a long way....

He has a good balance......he is a good wrestler and he can handle the
mic pretty well also.........still needs to grow his rep though.......
aq few hell in a cell matches with some big opponents etc.

Ox Baker

Reaction score
Cena is .......

simply another character. He's a marketing campaign that paints him with a very wide brush. He starts out as a rapper, as many youngsters like rap and the hip hop persona, jerseys, baggy pants, spinning belt(I'll have to say, this is my biggest problem, that they customized a belt to a gimmick). Then, to broaden his base even more, they play him off as a bit of a "soulja", you know a marine type, clean cut, high and tight, goin to iraq, all that.... He isn't someone i enjoy watching wrestle,cut promos, or taking long walks on the beach with. I don't like the push he's gotten and the people he has stepped over that coulda been involved in angles over that belt this past year that have wrestled their whole lives, not just the past several years. I don't like his character or his push, his moves , his haircut, i really hate that belt, but ya know what , i don't watch cena, i don't buy cena figures or t shirts, i just don't back him with my dollar. I think he sucks, but it's all his gimmick, i got no probs with his in ring work but he cuts some lame promos, and has a crappy hip gangsta wanna be image and belt i'd just assume have no part of. He's just not the guy i wanna see win.
NWAAlabamaHvywtTitle.jpg

CenaMark54

i don't buy cena figures or t shirts, i just don't back him with my dollar.

I was like you at one time. I wanted all the Cena Merch I could get my hands on but sometimes its both expensive and impractical. For example, I always wanted a spinner belt, but lets face it, you can't carry it around to work and stuff. However, I found a Cena product that is convienent, inexpensive and cool. The John Cena SPINNER PENDANT! Here is the description from WWEshop.com:

The WWE Champ is HERE! While John Cena has made himself known for carrying an eye-catching rendition of the WWE Title Belt following his WrestleMania 21 victory, many of his “Chain Gang Soldiersâ€￾ couldn’t help but dream about sporting that now-famous spinning WWE logo center-plate in a more convenient manner. If you love nothing more than to represent “The Doctor Of Thuganomicsâ€￾ to the outside world, there’s no longer any need to lug around a replica championship belt when you can throw on this smaller-scale WWE Title Spinner Pendant and be on your way! Capture some of trademark style that makes John Cena such a can't-miss Superstar in World Wrestling Entertainment each week and show the world where your World Wrestling Entertainment allegiances truly lie!

Status
Not open for further replies.