Christian, Atheist, or Other?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I believe in god but that is as far as it goes for me. I mean I've been to church and all but I don't believe in living my life for no one else but myself and family not a higher purpose or anything. Don't believe in the whole heaven or hell thing as I've gotten older.

I've kind of soured on religion as time has passed and seen so many shady people use religion as a crutch or use it as a scam and I just think that is flatout wrong.

liamjr24

Reaction score
I'm a Secularist/Humanist Atheist. I don't believe in any God of any religion, owing to the fact that I have seen absolutely no proof to suggest one exists and I don't consider a religion's holy book as evidence for its deity. I don't believe that religion should be removed from the world, as it is helpful to people as a comforting tool.

However, I don't believe that religion should have a say in setting the laws of a nation (that's not to say that religious people shouldn't be lawmakers, just that they shouldn't base those laws on religion) and I believe a person's religious views should only be a individual guide for themselves and should, in no way, infringe on the lives or rights of others...but that's another story for another time.

But yeah, basically I'm an Atheist, mostly owing to a lack of evidence.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Christian, but I HATE the term Christian because so many Christians are morons who use the Bible to push their own stupid agendas that aren't scriptural like the Phelps family, all of whom are on a one way ticket staight to Hell, without even the slightest bit of doubt in my mind. I tend to disregard the word entirely, as well as disregard the calling of what I have "religion" (Don't get me started on that), and merely think of myself as a wayward soul who's accepted Christ's gift of salvation.

Now, granted, I am a pretty bad "Christian" by most standards, lol...

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Christian, but I HATE the term Christian because so many Christians are morons who use the Bible to push their own stupid agendas that aren't scriptural like the Phelps family, all of whom are on a one way ticket staight to Hell, without even the slightest bit of doubt in my mind. I tend to disregard the word entirely, as well as disregard the calling of what I have "religion" (Don't get me started on that), and merely think of myself as a wayward soul who's accepted Christ's gift of salvation.

Now, granted, I am a pretty bad "Christian" by most standards, lol...

I couldn't agree anymore with that.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I belive in god, but i don't really consider myself apart of any certain religon, i've been to church a few times when i was really young and that's about it. I don't consider myself ultra religous, and a lot of my family does consider themselves religous and they worship god and what not, so it causes some conflicts in my life, i have family that lives in the same town as me and refuses to talk to me or anything because i don't attend church every week. It's kind of insane how offeneded people get about this subject.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
People shouldn't shut you off and not talk to you. If they think you need God, they should witness towards you and show you what God has done in there lives. They should witness but witness without judging you.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i know, it all started back in 2008 i had gotten arrested for some stupid shit, and my aunt and uncle had found out about it, and for like 3 months staright they would try and force me to go to church, and i'd tell them there just wasting there time, i made a mistake in my life, and i know i did im learning from that mistake now and i don't need god in my life to "save" me. Haven't talked to them since. But i like to think that i turned out alright without them, or worshiping god every week in church.

SAL

Reaction score
I'm a Secularist/Humanist Atheist. I don't believe in any God of any religion, owing to the fact that I have seen absolutely no proof to suggest one exists and I don't consider a religion's holy book as evidence for its deity. I don't believe that religion should be removed from the world, as it is helpful to people as a comforting tool.

However, I don't believe that religion should have a say in setting the laws of a nation (that's not to say that religious people shouldn't be lawmakers, just that they shouldn't base those laws on religion) and I believe a person's religious views should only be a individual guide for themselves and should, in no way, infringe on the lives or rights of others...but that's another story for another time.

But yeah, basically I'm an Atheist, mostly owing to a lack of evidence.

I'm stunned to see someone who shares my views. Seriously, down to the word, I'm with you. The only further step I'd take past this is that not only do I have no idea whether there is a god, I also don't really care. Meaning, if our maker came down from the sky and spoke to us, it wouldn't affect the way I'd live my life. If scientists prove we all just came from nothing, it wouldn't affect the way I'd live my life. I really appreciate your take on religion, and I completely agree with that too.