Chris Jericho suspended indefinitely

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act of denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE live event in São Paulo on May 24. WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident.
wwe.com

Well then I got no idea what to make of this but damn.

The Viper

Reaction score
#WorkedandBuried

This HAS to be a work. I don't even remember the last time WWE's site reported a wrestler getting suspended and apparently arrested unless it was part of some angle.

I could be wrong, though.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well on WWE it doesn't mention the almost being arrested part :lol: I don't know it's all over the web right now

A WWE event in Brazil came to a screeching halt Thursday evening ... when local law enforcement stopped a live match and threatened to arrest Chris Jericho for desecrating the Brazilian flag.

It all went down during a match between Jericho and C.M. Punk -- who was proudly waving the flag in the ring. Jericho took the flag away, crumpled it up and kicked the flag out of the ring ... and that's when police stepped in and put a stop to the event.

We're told Jericho was informed that desecrating the national flag is a crime in Brazil ... punishable by incarceration.

Cops gave Jericho an option -- apologize to the arena ... or go to jail. Chris chose the former ... grabbing the mic and telling the crowd he immediately regretted his actions. Cops allowed the event to continue.

Sources connected to the WWE tell TMZ ... the flag stunt was NOT planned or approved by WWE officials.

The WWE has just released an official statement saying, "Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act of denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE event in Sao Paulo on May 24. The WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident."

TMZ

The Viper

Reaction score
Yeah, I doubt it was "aggressive" though. I just heard he kicked it. It's a heel tactic and the people in Brazil took it too seriously. Maybe they shouldn't be watching wrestling or they would know that's what heels do. They try to get under your skin. Obviously it worked. STICK TO KAYFABE, BROTHER!!!! Jesus Christ.

Didn't HBK hump the Canadian flag and stick it in his nose (possibly among other things)? Sure, it was in a different era of wrestling but still. It's a heel move and the Brazilians need to cool their jets, Top Gun. Wasn't a big deal.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Give me a fucking break. Apparently some people take their shit a little too seriously and WWE are being the push overs as usual.

Suspending Jericho over this is nonsense. If I was Jericho I'd walk away and tell WWE to kiss my ass.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah, I doubt it was "aggressive" though. I just heard he kicked it. It's a heel tactic and the people in Brazil took it too seriously. Maybe they shouldn't be watching wrestling or they would know that's what heels do. They try to get under your skin. Obviously it worked. STICK TO KAYFABE, BROTHER!!!! Jesus Christ.

Didn't HBK hump the Canadian flag and stick it in his nose (possibly among other things)? Sure, it was in a different era of wrestling but still. It's a heel move and the Brazilians need to cool their jets, Top Gun. Wasn't a big deal.

Someone on another forum mentioned that it's not against the law to do anything to the Canadian flag so I'm guessing that, I agree thought this is pretty stupid I mean it's WRESTLING! if you're gonna get offended by that stuff don't watch or go to the show.

Give me a fucking break. Apparently some people take their shit a little too seriously and WWE are being the push overs as usual.

Suspending Jericho over this is nonsense. If I was Jericho I'd walk away and tell WWE to kiss my ass.

I agree with something I read else where it's probably just while in Brazil cause it does say indefinitely which could just be a day or two if they wanted it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If this is real I think I might cry. But it is a little strange that he'd get suspended just as his "he's leaving wwe really soon" are spinning around. But since he just started a feud with Randy Orton this probably real. Fuck this. Just like you all said people take shit way too seriously. You know what wwe fine congratulations you've gotten rid of your best heel. He doesn't need wwe. He can leave anytime he wants and still be fine. I hope they realize what a valuable asset he is

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I see this as like the Daniel Bryan & Finlay firings. I think everyone's aware it's an innocent mistake, but WWE have to be seen as taking some sort of stance on it. The indefinite period I imagine is to give Jericho the time off he needs soon anyway.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I see this as like the Daniel Bryan & Finlay firings. I think everyone's aware it's an innocent mistake, but WWE have to be seen as taking some sort of stance on it. The indefinite period I imagine is to give Jericho the time off he needs soon anyway.
WWE needs to stop taking a stand against their wrestlers or pretty soon all they're gonna have is a bunch of pussies who are afraid to do anything. Also why does Jericho need time off? He legit just returned. If he's thinking about leaving again, he needs to stay away because this is getting ridiculous.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
WWE needs to stop taking a stand against their wrestlers or pretty soon all they're gonna have is a bunch of pussies who are afraid to do anything. Also why does Jericho need time off? He legit just returned. If he's thinking about leaving again, he needs to stay away because this is getting ridiculous.

Jericho needs time off because his band next studio album is scheduled to go out soon... and he will be on tour from August to October with the band promoting such CD.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Also why does Jericho need time off?

Fozzy is playing a small tour through the UK at the beginning of June.

This is clearly a work people.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Then he should just enjoy his outside projects because this constant back and forth is just annoying.

Also if they're going to write him off, don't use use Brazilian house shows to do it FFS...

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It's probably a mixture of both.

Jericho likely did accidentally cross a line in Brazil. Different cultures have different attitudes towards these things, so it's not stupid to suggest the Brazilian authorities were legit pissed.

As for the suspension, WWE and Jericho probably decided now was as good a time as any to write Jericho off. It'd calm down the Brazilian authorities to think WWE followed through, and Jericho needs the time off soon anyway. WWE is working real hard on expanding international business, so they'll wanna keep in the Brazilian's good books.