Cena vs. Orton is Highly Overrated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I love Cena and Orton, they have great matches, but seriously did anyone believe Cena when he was saying their rivalry has become that special, he phrased it as THE rivalry? This hasn't even been a rivalry. They don't really interract with each other outside their matches. It's just a couple back to back matches with a bunch of title reigns mixed in. I am not saying I hate the rivalry, I am just saying it's not cracked up to how they are portraying it.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Agree'd. The rivalry isn't strong with its promo's from what I've seen.

But they have to be doing something right, this is like their 100th match together, and I know I'm not tired of them going at it. Hopefully, they make this a helluva lot better feud for that Iron Match coming.

LKP

I think it could be a contender for match of the year. Orton wins 3-2 or something. I cant see that many falls in the match up. I think they will fight all over the arena and Orton wins it in the last second. Its a good rivalry, but not as good as they make it out to be. They got 2 weeks to make up for it. I cant see it making a difference though tbh.

Airfixx

I'd like to have seen a simple, standard title match between the two of them - preferably a WM ME - with a clean finish.... I'm still waiting.

Fued-wise:

Orton v HHH > Orton v Cena
Cena v Edge > Cena v Orton.

As for the actual thread topic... Nah, I didn't buy it.... Just text book Cena mic-hype... He said the same about his fued with Edge before the LMS match @ this year's Backlash... I think it's meant to combat the groans from fans worldwide sat at home goin' "Not a-g-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-i-n!?!?!?"

Klide

Same here man. I mean it looks good on paper "ORTON VS CENA" there like best wrestlers out there. But they cant seem to pull it off once its on screen.

Im with u Airfixx
Orton v HHH > Orton v Cena
Cena v Edge > Cena v Orton.
especially with EDGE and Cena one of the best rivalry in past years imo
why dont they have Orton vs Edge instead?? i mean they pull some sick matches in the past.

LKP

If cena loses and goes to smackdown whats he going to do then? Ziggler? Batista? Raw will need a star to replace him maybe umaga comes back?

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I disagree, I see this feud as one of the better feuds they've had in a while. It's hard to contend with the Punk/Hardy program but these two are so great in their roles it's hard to top them. Like Cena or not he plays his character to the T, as does Orton. Their matches are top notch and I'm looking forward to the Iron Man Match with the special no DQ stip as well as a future feud rekindled somewhere down the line. I can see his headlining WM 27.

LKP

Lmao nah id much rather Umaga on raw as a face. Cena vs edge was better than cena vs Orton. But Orton vs hhh was Orton vs cena. Hey its shit booking that lets down feuds not the matches.

Airfixx

If cena loses and goes to smackdown whats he going to do then? Ziggler? Batista? Raw will need a star to replace him maybe umaga comes back?

Not that I want to see Cena on SD, but who could he face?

Taker,
Batista,
Punk,
Jericho,
....Not to mention JoMo, Ziggler or any guy on the rise should he fancy himself some squash action.

Draft Orton to SD after WM, imo... Then put the tag belts on Ted & Cody so they can go tri-branded. That way they don't have to rush a split storyline, but they can, at the same, time put a little space between them so that they're seen a bit more as individuals with their own personality's (and successes) when they finally do implode.

pocket

Reaction score
Draft Orton to SD after WM, imo... Then put the tag belts on Ted & Cody so they can go tri-branded. That way they don't have to rush a split storyline, but they can, at the same, time put a little space between them so that they're seen a bit more as individuals with their own personality's (and successes) when they finally do implode.

Sorry mate but Randy Orton is WAY too good for Smackdown, his character is also do grown up for the kids show..... the top star should be on the flagship show and no matter how bad Raw is at times it will always be the flagship show

Airfixx

Damn... The facade, behind which lurks my true plan for all the quality to slowly end up on SD whilst letting Raw continue to flounder in this endless tailspin of merchandise concerns, guests 'celebs' and so called "E(ntertainment)"; you saw through it already? ;o]

Oh, go on... They can have Taker, Batista AND R-Truth in return.

The Rated R CMStar

HHH vs Orton could have easily been the best feud of the last years...should have they ended it at Wrestlemania.

Airfixx

HHH vs Orton could have easily been the best feud of the last years...should have they ended it with a kick-ass match at Wrestlemania.

That's better. ;o]

Seriously though.... Before Orton got injured at ONS08 I was fuckin' all over that shit! :y:

By comparison Cena v Orton is piss! ...Compare the promo's - Cena could be fueding with any random heel right now (playing, an admittedly more expressive, "Grrrrrr"/Batista-type role)... Nothing said is particularly personal to Orton and hell considering the amount of shit Legacy have collectively put him through he seems pretty chilled with Ted & Cody (I know they have a prog with DX atm, but still)...

Oh, yeah, and wot, no heat for Dusty?(***)

It's Ok, tho', Johnny-Bwoy is around to tell us how monumental it is each week (God I hate it when he chats all that "This could quite possibly be the biggest match of all time" crap!).

(***Seriously, that segment/match that particular night was arguably the best thing Raw has managed since the Draft or even earlier.)

xtremebadass

LMAO or ricky ortiz

RALLY UP BITCHES! Ortiz vs. Cena would OWN.

Seriously if Cena goes to SD, SD would make a complete 180

They had nothing a month ago, no Hardy, no Mysterio, barely had Taker, but they COULD have...

Cena
Batista
Undertaker
Jericho
Edge
Mysterio
CM Punk

WOW and Raw would have...

HHH
HBK
Orton

the same hacks who have fought each other a million times.