Cena vs. Orton is Highly Overrated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

^^^You'd attempt to replace Cena or Orton with Umaga???? ....Way to get overly caught up in a rumour dude!

LKP

I know lol. It what i think they should do. Who would you have to replace Orton or cena on raw if they were to get moved to that show? Have Jericho stay on raw? That's the only other thing that i can think of.

Hometown Kid

Cena goes to ECW, I am calling it. He is going to go to ECW to boost the profile of the show for one or two months and then take his leave of absence.

LKP

A jack swagger push would be great, but there is still a hole left then in the mid card. I say once a guy like Orton, cena or edge leaves a show someone good has to take that place. That is just my theory. Jericho or swagger would be good though. And btw where the hell is carlito? He can fill that mid card hole.

Montana

Cena on ECW....thats crazy. You'd get mad props if its true.

Here's 4 things that are wrong with Cena vs Orton.

1) They blew their load too quickly. I think there first match was at SummerSlam 2007 with little builid up. They knew these were to the two guys that could carry the company in the future, and yet they didnt save it for mania. Since then they've had countless almost meaningless matches.

2) Where is the storyline? It's basically wrestler A doesnt like wrestler B. Give me a little something to work with. HHH/Orton had a storyline. Cena/Edge had a storyline. That's what makes a fued great and or believable. These wrestlers actually had a reason to hate the other one. I dont feel they've done anything of the such for Orton/Cena other than matches with wins/losses. They barely get any one on one mic time. They knew this was their blockbuster fued too! But they figured why waste a good storyline, when our top two guys can draw without one?

3) Match after Match the stakes are supposed to get raised. It's supposed to make to WANT to see the rematch, or the next match. Sure, they've raised the stakes from a submission match, to a HIAC to a Iron match, but its the same old song and dance. All three of those are fued finishers. All great fueds the fans should want/need to see these guys square off one more time. This fued isn't like that. You had it with Hart/HBK, Danielson/Nigel, HBK/Jericho. This is one thing that ROH is great about. They seem great at raising the stakes.

4) Whats going to happen in 2010, 2011, 12, 13??? Cena and Orton aren't going anywhere. These guys are going to be your two cornerstones. We are goign to see them wrestle again and again in the future. To relate to the first point, the WWE blew their load not only too soon, but now after this series of matches whats left? Cena vs Orton on the moon? It's just getting ridiculous.

Ah well, I think the WWE bombed big time on this fued. They put on some decent matches, but they should have saved this series for mania, much like Austin/Rock.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
A jack swagger push would be great, but there is still a hole left then in the mid card. QUOTE]

A hole in the mid card? Imo, RAW has the best mid card of the brands. MVP, Henry, Miz, Kingston, Swagger, Bourne, Primo, Carlito, Hornswaggle :shifty: Are Rhodes and Dibiase still considered mid carders? Upper mid card maybe. They could have 3 of those guys get boosted up to main event status and still have a strong mid card. There wont be no hole left. Just oppertunities for others to get some shine.

Soulpower

Cena vs Orton on the moon?

That would be the greatest match of all time.

xtremebadass

oh and even their matches after the dad-punt story sucked but at least it had a decent build up.

Definitely have to agree here. The Mr. Cena punt was great and the build up was actually quite good. That would have ended in HIAC at Cyber Sunday if Cena didn't get hurt. That rivalry was 10x better than the one right now.

Evil Austin

Monty @ your number 2) Orton did have a storyline with Cena didn't he punt his dad a year ago or something?

soulreaper545

Reaction score
EDGE VS Cena will be Cenas ONLY good fued throughout his whole career just due to how well they played the two hating each other through the entire story

xtremebadass

That is a good point, Cena has decent rivalries all the time, but Edge vs. Cena was FRICKIN AWESOME.

Cena vs. HHH - Barely a rivalry, it's only a famous Mania match
Cena vs. HBK - Not a rivalry either, just time filler knowing Cena would win everytime
Cena vs. Orton - Come on, had potential until WWE shit all over it
Cena vs. JBL - Not that bad, didn't really need the re-runs in 2008

Evil Austin

^ CEna vs. Guerrero was great which ended in a Parking lot brawl
Cena vs. Lesnar also

Great One

Yeah, Cena's pre-WWE title feuds were probably better than afterwards looool. Carlito, Lesnar, Eddie, Angle.