Cena changes the FU to "The Throwback" and the STFU to "STF"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeRaw

Jim Ross said in his most recent blog that John Cena's "FU" finisher has been renamed "The Throwback." "Speaking of Cena, I hear his FU finishing maneuver is being renamed "The Throwback" which works for me and is certainly easier for me to communicate to my 5 year old granddaughter who's a Cena fan of sorts," Ross wrote. "It will be interesting to see how much knee jerk reaction this name change creates in the illustrious media. Knowing today's trends and the vocal minority of some fans who have enough product knowledge to be dangerous, too much." Ross also says that Cena's "STFU finisher is getting a new name as well. "John Cena's submission hold formerly known as the STFU is now going to be called the STF....that should stop the presses."

source: 24wrestling.com
-----------------------
Wow is all I can say. Any last remaining tiny, little, miniscule piece of attitude that was left n Cena and/or WWE has just been sucked right out.

xtremebadass

You have got to be kidding me man. He has a move called the Throwback already. The FU had attitude and history.

...wait a minute, the STFU was a finisher, the STF is just a basic wrestling move un-Cena-fied. WTF! So the man got raped of his finishing moves?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

The PG rating is now just getting amazingly funny. Are they renaming the moves because it might offend kids? I can't think of any other reason.

Travis40

Who says this is being aimed for children? All JR said was that this name is more child friendly than the "FU".

Axis

The move was called the "FU" due to a pun of Brock's move. It should have had a name change some time ago.

J

The move was called the "FU" due to a pun of Brock's move. It should have had a name change some time ago.

Who cares how the name was created. It's the fact you can have a move for YEARS and then just change the name and expect fans to take kindly.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Honestly the throwback was a moved used by Cena when he had his wigger gimmick, and once again were just supposed to forget that ever happened and start calling his main move a throwback. Ridiclous, I don't care so much about the childish view of changing it as much as I care about the way WWE always insults there fans intelligence

Wordlife

dude honestly... right now... I'm calling Bullshit, but I really hope this is not true

MikeRaw

The Pedigree was created because of Triple H's gimmick as the Conneticut Blueblood, should we change that?

Oh, and wordlife, why call bullshti? It was written by JR in his blog, and I doubt JR would lie.

Reaction score
Why would the WWE change the finisher names of their numero uno business commodity whilst he holds a belt and is selling merchandise by the truckload? Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Wordlife

Idk why I called Bullshit... its just idk, it just doesn't sound right. I know JR obviously wouldn't lie, maybe its that I'm a Cena fan and I read it too fast and that was the first thing that came to mind before I started typing lol

But back to the topic at hand... its super Gay, thats all I have to say

Status
Not open for further replies.