Cena changes the FU to "The Throwback" and the STFU to "STF"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airfixx

So they'll eliminate derogatory-type names of moves yet keep fucking whores with their tits and asses hanging out as opposed to creating outfits for them that cover them up a bit more?

Great job, WWE!

Ya not gonna see me defending such an approach to womens wrestling, but that view of WWE's women's division is a bit dated.

Besides.... "I got [3] words for ya...:"

Punk In Speedos.

At which point does it become ok for you to have a bit of a letch over the, errrrm... talent? ;o]

Slyfox696 said:
I DO disagree with your assessment of the guy everyone wants to get behind. We have that, and his name is John Cena. And in the next 2 or 3 years, you'll see that Cena will be the undisputed king of wrestling, and ratings will flourish, as will business.

Cena went through that period where "older" fans hated him. Well, many of those older fans have either quit watching wrestling, or learned to respect him, if not for his in-ring work, certainly for his overall work ethic. But, the children that Cena has attracted since he first started are now becoming older and they are BIG fans of Cena. I see it in the school I work at, how more and more people are Cena fans.

And over the next couple of years, Cena will continue to create more and more new fans, and then ratings will continue to rise.

It's just a long process that can't be hurried. By the time Cena is 36 or 37, barring injury or other developments, you will see a lot of prosperity in the WWE. Keep in mind, that Cena, in the midst of a depression, brought in more money in merchandise in 2008, a year in which he was injured for part of, than anyone else in WWE history, excluding Austin and Hogan. That's VERY impressive, and a great sign. When the worldwide, and more importantly the US, economy starts to recover, and all those fans I talked about earlier begin to really get into wrestling, you're going to see good times for the WWE.

I'm not particularly business minded, but for a while now it's been obvious to me that WWE are trying to groom a new generation of long terms fans, much like you've outlined above and, yes, IF successful we may indeed see a return of 'the man that everyone wants to cheer' in one form or another. Whether it be an uber-good guy or someone with more attitude (note: with a small 'a') remains to be seen.... Shitty, cynical world out there afterall and it's getting worse. MY gut feeling says it will take longer than predicted if it happens.

As for Cena specifically, I'm not entirely confident in the fact that WWE haven't done somewhat longer term damage to Cena's mid-term popularity... If they have, it may take a little longer to snowball than you envisage and he may even miss this particular 'boat' altogether.

Only time will tell I guess....

J

This is why I want to either destroy the Divas division or completely overhaul it with an import of about 5 or 6 Japanese/Mexican female wrestlers that can actually wrestle. That way, all the females wouldn't be marketed strictly for T and A and wouldn't all be wearing stripper clothing to wrestle in.

Don't elimintate them. The commercials aren't long enough for me to take my shit break during. Only kidding the Diva's division has somewhat introduced me since Melina' return. Her and Beth make me actually wanna watch it.

Reaction score
Don't elimintate them. The commercials aren't long enough for me to take my shit break during. Only kidding the Diva's division has somewhat introduced me since Melina' return. Her and Beth make me actually wanna watch it.

Your post reminded me of Mania 19, when during the Women's match, some male fan held up a sign (and it was on tv too) that said "Piss Break", lol. In the background you could see a bunch of people getting up to go get more refreshments and taking a piss break, ha ha ha

Moonlight Drive

Thats one of the reasons why everyday, my passion for wrestling is dying, FU for trowback its so gay, I loved the fact that FU means FUCK YOU it was the perfect name for a finisher and STFU was the same. I guess I've to change my msn coz I've the FU coz cena's finisher. Its funny how 8 years ago we used to see middle fingers, drinking beers SOB, bra and panties, jericho's jokes about steph tits and bad words. But know the wwe is so gay, seriusly im starting to lose my passion for wrestling, I guess my only real passion is football(soccer in the us).
Dear lord, it's STILL THE SAME MOVE! The only change we'll see is the few seconds on commentary when they say the name of the move (which Cole never even called it by name on Raw if I remember right). For fucks sake.

Moonlight Drive

And the fact I didn't hear him say FU once ruined the entire show for me, I don't think I'll watch again.

CenaMark54

According to Gerweck.Net

Cena's FU finisher has been renamed the "Attitude Adjuster" in fitting with WWE's initiative to become more family friendly.

Lol...The Throwback was better. I guess this explains why Cena went on the rant about adjusting Jericho's attitude last night. Cena's new role is to take care of everyone with an attitude problem.

MikeRaw

^Ya, there's a thread in wwe section (created by me) about it.
It's an awful name, but to save the conversation about the name for there, I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.