Call of duty Black Ops 2: 2025 setting violates IW contract — report

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
929c4b8761.png

Uh-oh, it would appear that Activision may have done an oopsie. According to court documents relating to the upcoming ‘Acti vs. fired IW heads’ battle obtained by GameInformer, no post-Vietnam Call of Duty game can be developed by anyone other than Infinity Ward, which of course would be a problem for the near-future Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Infinity Ward’s Memorandum of Understanding clearly states that Activision will retain authority and responsibility over all titles within the Call of Duty franchise while “specifically excluding any Call of Duty title set in modern day (post Vietnam), the near future or distant furuer, which shall be under the authority of IWâ€￾. Whether Activision still considers the agreement valid after it fired IW heads Jason West and Vince Zampella is the question here, then. The upcoming court drama will hopefully clarify on that. Should the former IW execs come out winners though — according to an intellectual property lawyer GI spoke to — they may have the right to ask Black Ops II to be pulled from shelves (the less likely option) or get forced royalty payments (the more profitable option). The court date has been set for May 29.

Source: That VideoGame Blog » Black Ops II 2025 setting violates IW contract — report

So Infinity Ward is holding the better game back? I'm sure nothing is going to happen anyway and Treyarch will probably pay royalties or something.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
IW on wrestling forums stands for Impact Wrestling.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Black Ops 2: New engine isn't necessary - Treyarch

ef71eea536.jpg

Treyarch's studio head Mark Lamia has dismissed criticisms that Call of Duty needs a new engine to power graphical improvements. Despite this year's Black Ops 2 running on the same engine engine as 2005's Modern Warfare, Lamia says extensive improvements made to that 'foundation' have resulted in significant advances without the need for an entirely new engine. "People always ask me, 'Is this a new engine?' I liken it to people who live in an older house that has been remodeled. Just because you're remodeling the house and it will look new or it will have a new kitchen, you don't tear out the foundation, or break out some of the framing," said Lamia. "Engines, each time they get touched, they change. The creators alter them; they don't modify what they don't need to, and then they alter what they need to. You can't make a competitive product if you're not upgrading that engine along the way. "I think what people are asking for is for us to push. They want us to make a better-looking game," he went on. "We asked ourselves that very same question - we wanted to advance the graphics. I think the questions are valid. The answer may not need to be an entirely new engine, but you might need to do an entire overhaul of your entire lighting system. "The trick is, we're not willing to do that if we can't keep it running at 60 frames per second - but we did that this time. So this is the Black Ops II engine," said Lamia. Activision has said it's "incredibly pleased" with the record pre-order numbers it's seeing for this year's Call of Duty.

Source: News: Black Ops 2: New engine isn't necessary - Treyarch - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

This is a fine example of laziness. But would a new engine would be to much for right now? Maybe they will upgrade it when the wave of new systems comes out so that everything is new a better.

Just because you're remodeling the house and it will look new or it will have a new kitchen, you don't tear out the foundation, or break out some of the framing,"

You can remodel a house all you want. People will always be able to tell it's old, especially once the foundation starts crumbling.

AF.

Reaction score
Fuck off CoD.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
So... "Same shit, different game", basically.

You know I almost agree with Activision. COD's current engine really is an underrated gem that runs smoothly and new games shouldn't necessarily demand an overhaul when everything works. Especially considering the Xbox 360 uses some old-arse hardware.

However, sometimes you have a special case like Call of Duty. A franchise that has not offered anything new in their games in terms of gameplay or graphics for the past 5 or 6 games, apart from the supposed tweaks that nobody notices. Unless we're confusing new characters and weapons with gameplay innovation.

Something needs to change significantly in this bloody franchise to convince me that I'm not just effectively buying an expansive. Its COD's biggest criticism. Treyarch aren't wrong in their position, but I don't quite think they understand where we're coming from.

Ryan

Reaction score
Agreed, this is sheer laziness. This is why Activision games are never as good as games published by companies like Take Two. How often do you see games coming out of Take Two? It may happen once a year or so, but it's never the same series. Look at how long it's taking to develop the next Bioshock or how long it takes to develop GTA and Max Payne. They are actually taking the time to make sure that the game is what fans want and that it's what they feel good about putting out there. COD is nothing more than a cash cow. Guaranteed you would never see COD delayed like Bioshock or GTA get delayed because if the game isn't quite finished, it's not such a big deal, just put it out there and then release some DLC that people have to pay for with the extra content that should've been included in the game in the first place.

I bought MW 3 and I'm ashamed to admit it, but I won't buy another COD title again for a long while. It's always the same shit with them. Change up the formula.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
They know there is a shit ton of fanboys who will buy the game regardless, they are just in it for the money, and therefore get away with producing the same shit all the time.

Reaction score
dude. in the wrestling threads I would agree with you... but this is a gaming thread. I don't give two shits about Impact or TNA for that matter. Infinty Ward is a long title to type 80 times... so IW is a clear abrivation.. and IF your a gamer by any stretch of the word. OR you can clearly read context clues..

Uh-oh, it would appear that Activision may have done an oopsie. According to court documents relating to the upcoming ‘Acti vs. fired IW heads’ battle obtained by GameInformer, no post-Vietnam Call of Duty game can be developed by anyone other than Infinity Ward, which of course would be a problem for the near-future Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Infinity Ward’s Memorandum of Understanding clearly states that Activision will retain authority and responsibility over all titles within the Call of Duty franchise while “specifically excluding any Call of Duty title set in modern day (post Vietnam), the near future or distant furuer, which shall be under the authority of IWâ€￾.

IW IS OBVIOUSLY INFINTY WARD!!!

357z9c.jpg

TROLLOLOLOLoLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLoLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ryan

Reaction score
Exactly, and all of those fanboys will say the same "ZOMG COD IS TEH GREATEST EVER!" crap for this game just like they have for every other COD. The first COD and COD 4 are the only ones really even worth mentioning.

ljepilo

Reaction score
Re: Black Ops 2: New engine isn't necessary - Treyarch

Activision is just trying try release new series of CoD and never make anything new in the game,nor they try to improve the graphics. So this really sucks. F-ck off CoD !!!

DENPAZ0R

Reaction score

Yeah... Right >_>
I am tired of this engine, we don't even have normal explosions in 2012, same engine from 2006, what did you expect?

ljepilo

Reaction score

Yeah... Right >_>
I am tired of this engine, we don't even have normal explosions in 2012, same engine from 2006, what did you expect?

To be honest , I don't expect much of Activision and CoD series.... Once I have seen that they are releasing new series of CoD every 12 months, its pretty obvious that they just wanna make some quick cash...

DENPAZ0R

Reaction score

To be honest , I don't expect much of Activision and CoD series.... Once I have seen that they are releasing new series of CoD every 12 months, its pretty obvious that they just wanna make some quick cash...
Yeah same for me.
I still play their games just because of the fact I am pretty good at them, but Battlefield 3 was the real deal this year.
What about you? You prefer CoD or BF? Or something different?