BTB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
A few times. Like one of the main ones I surprised myself with was giving Aleister Black the title and going with him versus Brock lesnar and Andrade in a triple threat at Wrestlemania. Also doing a David Arquette singles match on PPV after someone picked them as a shock entrant in the rumble lol

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Yeah, it is another thing with using EWR and which stars get over and which ones don't. My push of Jack Swagger ended sooner because he wasn't getting over but in the opposite direction as you're talking about, Ted DiBiase and Gregory Helms have really got over and I've made significant plans for them as a result.

Sykotic

Reaction score
I regret one or two decisions but I’m pretty adamant at sticking to my guns and following through with a story I’ve planned out. If people like it then great, and if the don’t, then oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Another question for the section, peeps (to get some discussions going)! :D

Did you ever surprised yourself with your own booking decision? Maybe something you didn't plan to do at first in a storyline, but then it felt to be the better idea or anything similar? :)
in my initial plan for MLW - I didn't have Kojima winning the tournament or even getting to the quarter finals

Reactions: Marty McFourth

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Usually for lower storylines or transitions something will come up that I wasn't expecting to do. I'm pretty dead set on my top storylines.

Real life has made me pivot before. In my current BTB (Alliance) Ric Flair wasn't supposed to lose the title the way he did, but his Dark Side of the Ring came out and at the time I just felt a little dirty about it so I switched the title.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Usually for lower storylines or transitions something will come up that I wasn't expecting to do. I'm pretty dead set on my top storylines.

Real life has made me pivot before. In my current BTB (Alliance) Ric Flair wasn't supposed to lose the title the way he did, but his Dark Side of the Ring came out and at the time I just felt a little dirty about it so I switched the title.

Yeah real life deffo can cause pivots. I had Matt Riddle getting an uber push (he just beat Goldberg at Summerslam) and then the speaking out stuff came out so didn't feel right uber pushing him (because it was meant to be him winning the title from Andrade at Royal Rumble and fighting Brock at WM).

A.J.

Reaction score
Glad to be back in the Sims world after the better part of 13 years of posting on WF. Abbreviating the write ups of (TV) matches isn't how I've always liked doing things but definitely makes things easier to go week by week. Also having me do Raw and DTP do Smackdown, although we do collab on some aspects, makes this seem like something we can keep going forward.

Gonna try and find some other free time at some point to dig into some of the other work on here.

Matrix

We're All Just Weird Kids In The End
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
qGS2CaC
Alright so I've been thinking about this for awhile, but I think I may have took on too much with trying to do a WWE BTB on my own, even with planning to just do monthly recaps of NXT. I have good ideas for it but it's just a lot and I don't know when I'd be able to get anything up for it or once I do how well I'd be able to keep up and I don't wanna risk that. So I was wondering if anybody would wanna partner up on a WWE project? The timeline I was working on was starting after WrestleMania 37, but I'm flexible and willing to discuss something different, although ideally I'd like to stick within the last few years as I feel there's a lot of potential there and it would let me still use at least some of the ideas that had me motivated to attempt the project to begin with. If anybody is interested hit me up, all I ask is for someone to be as committed to making a good project as I am.

White Rhyno

Reaction score
Alright so I've been thinking about this for awhile, but I think I may have took on too much with trying to do a WWE BTB on my own, even with planning to just do monthly recaps of NXT. I have good ideas for it but it's just a lot and I don't know when I'd be able to get anything up for it or once I do how well I'd be able to keep up and I don't wanna risk that. So I was wondering if anybody would wanna partner up on a WWE project? The timeline I was working on was starting after WrestleMania 37, but I'm flexible and willing to discuss something different, although ideally I'd like to stick within the last few years as I feel there's a lot of potential there and it would let me still use at least some of the ideas that had me motivated to attempt the project to begin with. If anybody is interested hit me up, all I ask is for someone to be as committed to making a good project as I am.
DM me, Matrix

On to everyone else…. I hope the community is doing well. I’ve done an absolute shit job of being a regular here and contributing much more than an occasional post.

I’ve loved doing BTBs and Diaries for a long time, but real life has been getting in the way of that for about a decade now.

I go through these cycles where my outside life just robs me of a lot of motivation to read and interact with other writers. I LOVE reading…. But my feedback just isn’t anything really worth saying. I hate “cool story “ and “I’ll be reading” posts that don’t add much to the writer.

How do you guys muster up the energy to read and review when your heart just isn’t into it?

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I don't think you can if your heart isn't into it.

For me, writing is a therapeutic thing that actually takes me out of my life for a bit. Sometimes if I'm stressed or a bit overcome, a couple of hours locked away at my desk just writing or throwing booking ideas around for my BTB is the distraction I need.

In terms if reviewing I do have some down time at work which is really helpful. I do tend to stick to the same BTBs because again my life and time is limited but I am determined to spread that out somewhat in the near future.

KingBoggs23

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
DM me, Matrix

On to everyone else…. I hope the community is doing well. I’ve done an absolute shit job of being a regular here and contributing much more than an occasional post.

I’ve loved doing BTBs and Diaries for a long time, but real life has been getting in the way of that for about a decade now.

I go through these cycles where my outside life just robs me of a lot of motivation to read and interact with other writers. I LOVE reading…. But my feedback just isn’t anything really worth saying. I hate “cool story “ and “I’ll be reading” posts that don’t add much to the writer.

How do you guys muster up the energy to read and review when your heart just isn’t into it?

Long-time reader and a first-time poster. I can give you my advice. I have been doing BTB and Roleplaying for almost 18 years now. I can tell you that if your heart isn't into it, then don't do it. That's the best advice I can give you. When any of this turns from fun into a chore, then it's best to take a step back.

Also, you might think that a cool story or I will be reading might not add that much, but it does. I currently run a booking game, and it's just three friends and me, and we write for ourselves. So trust me when I say that even the slightest comment goes a long way. That is just my thought process behind it all.

EZ3

it isn't easy being smart
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
Sup, first time poster since the closure of WC. See a few names that ring a bell. Had a pretty successful WCW thread and a WWE thread that are lost forever - lol. Didn't realise it had shut until I went to look at my project over there. Probably post a thread in the next couple of weeks. Sat down the other week and floated some ideas just to see if I could be bothered and suddenly had like 10,000 words of backstory for a fantasy fed. What a whirlwind. Anyway, looks like a cool place - peace.

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Sup, first time poster since the closure of WC. See a few names that ring a bell. Had a pretty successful WCW thread and a WWE thread that are lost forever - lol. Didn't realise it had shut until I went to look at my project over there. Probably post a thread in the next couple of weeks. Sat down the other week and floated some ideas just to see if I could be bothered and suddenly had like 10,000 words of backstory for a fantasy fed. What a whirlwind. Anyway, looks like a cool place - peace.

Welcome, glad you were able to find us. Look forward to seeing your new stuff!

Reactions: EZ3