BTB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Spider Matthau

Eighth-Legged Wonder Of The World
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Hello frequent flyers, I had an idea for a BTB but it would be a one-shot. Didn't know if that was something people would be interested in as there'd be no updates. I wanted to create something with a conclusion in mind. Really wanted to get some feelers out before I draft it up.

You guys cool with projects knowing they won't have pages upon pages of sweet sweet detail?

And with that in mind, anybody know the word count limit on this forum?

Hard to convey where I'm going with this without spoiling my idea so sorry about that. If it takes off I would do a series of similar BTBs but baby steps.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm honestly not sure if we have a word count to answer that question lol I've seen some massive e-fed RPs and BTB shows

Reactions: Spider Matthau

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Hello frequent flyers, I had an idea for a BTB but it would be a one-shot. Didn't know if that was something people would be interested in as there'd be no updates. I wanted to create something with a conclusion in mind. Really wanted to get some feelers out before I draft it up.

You guys cool with projects knowing they won't have pages upon pages of sweet sweet detail?

And with that in mind, anybody know the word count limit on this forum?

Hard to convey where I'm going with this without spoiling my idea so sorry about that. If it takes off I would do a series of similar BTBs but baby steps.

I'm probably in the minority but I prefer shorter stuff to read for like TVs and stuff and bigger write-ups for PPVs/big shows.

Stojy

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think length is an issue at all as long as you're still getting the main points of your story across. The only real stuff I don't enjoy reading is where it's just quick results with no context, no story points etc (and if anybody is currently writing/booking this way, my bad. This is not supposed to be a jab at anybody).

Spider Matthau

Eighth-Legged Wonder Of The World
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Nah we all like what we like and even if it's not said publically, crazy ideas may inspire others. I personally love messing around with form when I write. I used to turn in comics and videos in efeds all the time. Pissed a few off, but made a few happy. Just the way it goes lol.

Definitely keeping a few things in mind as I work on this. Word count was my real concern, because it'll be a large body of work in a single post. Appreciate the feedback guys!

Reactions: Stojy

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Hi all,

Just want to say the section is thriving right now and I couldn’t be happier. If you have any suggestions please do message me or post in here as I’m keen to do even more.

I am thinking about a King of BTB Tournament but more on that soon.

Also, we do have a BTB Discord as well which is semi-active so if you’d like to join fire me a message and I'll share the link.

Keep up the great work everyone!

~Order

Last edited:

White Rhyno

Reaction score
Last weekend was going to be my weekend to catch up and churn out some reviews. Strep throat took out my house and became Nurse Dad.

This weekend was EmeraldCity Con...I just couldn't miss it. I swear.... Reviews are coming.

Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
I've always had the idea of doing a Years Ahead style booking. Booking 5 years into the future (normally WWE & NXT) and booking what could be possible in that time period. Would you guys enjoy that or would that be somewhat glossed over?

I say go for it. I'm always for something new and I'm curious to see what someone's "5 years from now" may look like.

White Rhyno

Reaction score
I think anything can get glossed over here. A lot of quality threads don't get many reviews.

I think it has more to do with how committed you are to it and how active you are in the section. A lot of great ideas begin with an opening post and show, but are never expounded upon much after that. I think a big reason for that is they don't get a review and move on to another idea or get frustrated and quit.

I don't say that to be discouraging. I just don't want you to think you are being glossed over if there aren't many responses early. Its really more of being in a very crowded place with a lot o writers with a limited amount of time to review and do their own projects.

JTrakker

Reaction score
I think anything can get glossed over here. A lot of quality threads don't get many reviews.

I think it has more to do with how committed you are to it and how active you are in the section. A lot of great ideas begin with an opening post and show, but are never expounded upon much after that. I think a big reason for that is they don't get a review and move on to another idea or get frustrated and quit.

I don't say that to be discouraging. I just don't want you to think you are being glossed over if there aren't many responses early. Its really more of being in a very crowded place with a lot o writers with a limited amount of time to review and do their own projects.
thanks for the advice, I wasn't expecting a ton of responses, everybody has got stuff they're working on to but I got a couple and that's already reassuring.

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
How is everyone doing?

So, just had a thought about the Money in the Bank briefcase gimmick as it is in my opinion quite stale. What would you do to bring it back to life?

I quite like the idea of keeping it as you can challenge for the title any time in the next 12 months but adding the stip that you have to put it on the line at least once a month adding jeopardy to waiting for your opportunity.

Also, do you think a tag team MITB would or could ever work?

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Honestly TNA/Impact's Feast or Fired always felt like the better version of MITB

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
How is everyone doing?

So, just had a thought about the Money in the Bank briefcase gimmick as it is in my opinion quite stale. What would you do to bring it back to life?

I quite like the idea of keeping it as you can challenge for the title any time in the next 12 months but adding the stip that you have to put it on the line at least once a month adding jeopardy to waiting for your opportunity.

Wwe2k23 did it in my career mode. I think it's fine I just think it needs to be a little more creative in how they do it for instance like someone could cash in while they were doing a TV interview or like someone cashes in before the match and then has to defend it in what was scheduled match (not that it be a smart idea) then of course could do it like they did during covid where the title in the case. I also wouldn't mind seeing something inspired by Feast or Fired from TNA where they could have multiple briefcases and then one where they have a one half tag title shot and then one half of a other and the two have to team up. Then instead of fired case there was a traded case where the person that opens it is traded to Raw, SD, NXT.

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
How is everyone doing?

An idea I had once was for a mid-1990s version. Ted Dibiaise's Million Dollar Corporation had the title (I forget who was the champ though, probably Sid) and Dibiase offered a MITB like match (a Battle Royal as opposed to a ladder match), but with the idea that the champion would choose the time and place and not the challenger. The winner was supposed to be like a warm-up for the champ, but the main idea would be that whoever won would pull off the upset.

I didn't say it was a great idea, but modified I'm sure something like this could work out well to create an underdog champion.