BTB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
How is everyone doing?

So, just had a thought about the Money in the Bank briefcase gimmick as it is in my opinion quite stale. What would you do to bring it back to life?

I quite like the idea of keeping it as you can challenge for the title any time in the next 12 months but adding the stip that you have to put it on the line at least once a month adding jeopardy to waiting for your opportunity.

Also, do you think a tag team MITB would or could ever work?

Cashing advance for Wrestlemania could work. Also maybe someone wins it and then goes off on hiatus like how Jericho did and then come back as a shock to cash in.

Reactions: Death By Looch

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
How is everyone doing?

So, just had a thought about the Money in the Bank briefcase gimmick as it is in my opinion quite stale. What would you do to bring it back to life?

I quite like the idea of keeping it as you can challenge for the title any time in the next 12 months but adding the stip that you have to put it on the line at least once a month adding jeopardy to waiting for your opportunity.

Also, do you think a tag team MITB would or could ever work?
I always had this idea very similar to yours, to re-brand it as a year-long gauntlet type scenario. Going by a WM-WM year over year idea, the briefcase needs to be defended monthly with the stip that if the original winner is still in possession by the next WM he automatically gets a shot.

Tig

Reaction score
Something similar to Lucha Underground’s Gift of the Gods would be a better use of mitb for me. That or something akin to YuGiOh’s star chip system where you need x amount of chips to challenge; plenty of storylines to come from wager matches etc.

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm hoping people bare with me... I have a WWE: Way It Should've Gone booker that began November 2015 as if Rollins never tore his ACL and gave up the world title. It's at SummerSlam 2018 right now, but attempted to move it over here at WrestleMania. That never happened and I just haven't found motivation to write.

That's changing. I'm just moving everything over in one large swoop. I hope people check it out. If not, no biggie. But I just need to get everything over here so (a) I don't lose it and (b) get me back to the point I was and can have the motivation to write SummerSlam.

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
FYI, I will be away from a week from tomorrow as I'm on holiday in Gran Canaria. If there's anything urgent anyone needs please message one of the other staff members on here.

I'll be sporadically checking in but will only have my phone.

~Order

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
FYI, I will be away from a week from tomorrow as I'm on holiday in Gran Canaria. If there's anything urgent anyone needs please message one of the other staff members on here.

I'll be sporadically checking in but will only have my phone.

~Order
Don't worry, I'm still around.

:hayden3

Joke aside, have a wonderful vacation, my friend. :D

Gambit

Reaction score
Would it be considered in poor taste to have a BTB let’s say where Owen didn’t die and jumped to WCW with the rest of the family? How is everyone’s stance on side stepping real life events such as that?

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Would it be considered in poor taste to have a BTB let’s say where Owen didn’t die and jumped to WCW with the rest of the family? How is everyone’s stance on side stepping real life events such as that?
I have no problems whatsoever with that sort of thing.

I mean in the end BTBs are basically fan-fiction and except for those rebooking-BTBs that are about staying as close to reality as possible, I don't see why it would be "in poor taste".... as long as you aren't doing something like building a storyline around the real life cause of death of the person (like for example Owen accident happens, but he survives and you make a story about how someone tried to kill him, or something like that)

That, of course, is just my two cents about the whole subject though and I'm someone who has the itch and idea about doing a BTB with a roster made entirely out of gone Wrestlers in the back of his head for SO many years now.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDT and White Rhyno

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
it took a dangerously short amount of time for me to go from “i have an idea”

to “i have a year of supercards and two months of tv booked in a spread sheet”

That's how it starts!

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I caught up to where I was writing my WISG booker. In summer 2018 right before SummerSlam.

I'm really proud of the Edge return angle I booked for that year's card and finally posted that go-home episode of Smackdown.

If BTBs are your thing, go read some of that stuff with Edge/Christian the last few weeks and share if you liked it (or keep it to yourself if you didn't haha).

I'll post an official SummerSlam prediction card this week and start writing as I find some spare time.

Joey Bananas

Reaction score
Been watching quite a bit of Impact from 2007 and it's got my creative juices flowing again...

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Been watching quite a bit of Impact from 2007 and it's got my creative juices flowing again...
nice-pam.gif

Do it, Joey!

• Love
Reactions: Joey Bananas

DamageCTRL

Reaction score
Apologies for the fine folks who've been expecting updates for 2019 & Beyond -- the new gig, seven months in, is demanding as it is time-consuming, and I'm only now really learning how to wedge enough time to book. Luckily I've banked a lot of shows and I still have all my desires and imaginations in mind. So here's hoping to more posts and more fun.