BTB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
To all ECW 2001 BTB bookers which wrestler not on the roster would you like to bring in? I think someone like Buff Bagwell would be a nice addition especially in The Network.

It would be a little later in 2001, but bringing back Eddie Guerrero once he got his health in order would be a cool idea, and bringing in Rey Mysterio Jr. once WCW went under to perhaps be ECW World Champion and move towards a more wrestling based format could be cool.

Benj94

Can't convince them? Confuse them.
Reaction score
Website
www.fantasybookers.co.uk
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
In regards to name value, somebody like Buff or Jeff Jarrett would be perfect as the anti-extreme type, sent from “The Network”.

if you are looking at future stars to effectively build towards the future, people like Reno and Stasiak could be fun.

Can’t do much better than Sean O’Haire though when it comes to the latter. Guy had all the potential in the world and could quite easily be built as a threat in the smaller pond of ECW.

Stojy

Reaction score
One thing I regret not implementing in my ECW was Stevie Richards returning to ECW with the Right To Censor gimmick.

Reactions: King Kota and RDT

White Rhyno

Reaction score
Scott Steiner would be perfect for ECW....

His interview style, his legit craziness... I could see him taking the Sid/911 role and running with it.

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm trying everything in my power to continue coding and putting finishing touches on my WWE's WrestleMania 34.

But the pull to do a brand new WWE booker is tempting as hell right now with everything Triple H is doing right. WWE is fun again.

Matrix

We're All Just Weird Kids In The End
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
qGS2CaC
How do you guys feel about full shows vs recapped shows? I've been working on a project slowly with recapped shows, but I don't feel like I'm giving enough information and getting characters across well enough. More so with segments and interviews than matches. So I'm struggling trying to think what to do in that regard.

Also trying to figure out how I wanna book a couple key names (ex. Bray Wyatt) is tough. Plus Triple H keeps coming up with ideas I like more than my ideas, or straight up using the same ideas I had lol.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about full shows vs recapped shows? I've been working on a project slowly with recapped shows, but I don't feel like I'm giving enough information and getting characters across well enough. More so with segments and interviews than matches. So I'm struggling trying to think what to do in that regard.

Also trying to figure out how I wanna book a couple key names (ex. Bray Wyatt) is tough. Plus Triple H keeps coming up with ideas I like more than my ideas, or straight up using the same ideas I had lol.

I think as long as you get the point across, recapped is fine. I struggle to get stuff off in recap form hence why I do full shows but recaps are total fine especially for TV matches.

I'd also say Bray is easily one of the toughest people to book due to how creative he is and different all his gimmicks are

Reactions: Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
qGS2CaC
I think as long as you get the point across, recapped is fine. I struggle to get stuff off in recap form hence why I do full shows but recaps are total fine especially for TV matches.

I'd also say Bray is easily one of the toughest people to book due to how creative he is and different all his gimmicks are

Yeah I think I'm getting the need to know info across well in matches, it's just segments and promos that I'm feeling like I'm not getting like the character development across well enough, or I feel like the emotions aren't coming across well. It doesn't help that description has always been a weak point in my writing.

Yeah Bray is tough. I don't have nearly as creative a mind as him and he's just so over the top that it's rough. I think it's worse with The Fiend too because you have that unstoppable monster and then the playful creepy funhouse Bray.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I feel like with Fiend Bray you have to make him more of a special attraction and something akin to Jushin Thunder Liger's Kishin Liger persona or Finn Balor's Demon persona. You can't have the Fiend wrestle every match otherwise it loses what makes it special.

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I think there are pros and cons to both formats.

The one thing I would say with recaps is it is hard to get characters across in terms of promos and angles as you're describing them rather than giving them voices.

It is the hardest thing to write in my opinion though. I like a mix of recap and full and definitely full for PPVs and big events.

Matrix

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
qGS2CaC
Yeah I might have to change plans and do full segments with recapped matches for Raw and SD. See if that helps me feel like I'm accomplishing what I wanna get across.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Yeah I might have to change plans and do full segments with recapped matches for Raw and SD. See if that helps me feel like I'm accomplishing what I wanna get across.
I mean that's what matters most at the end of the day anyways. What's best for the writer?

I'm always thinking of going completely rogue and piss on a "consistent style". I have multiple great promos in my head for the next show, which simply can't be shrunk into recaps? Well, you guys get them in detail. I'm in a bit of a creative dump and don't have anything too important to get across in detail during the next show? Well, full on recaps it is.

I know that that's not easy for readers to get used to, but I also think if the content is interesting enough, those people would be able to get over that kind of hump as well.

Reactions: Matrix and Order

White Rhyno

Reaction score
You can find the perfect format that gives the reader the proper amount of both, but if you hate writing in that style it won't be worth it.

Finding that sweet spot between what your audience enjoys and what you enjoy writing is the toughest thing for me to find. It seems to be a universal problem, however. There are so many projects and writing styles I wish I could emulate, but they just aren't "me". My advice, go with what you know and wait for your audience. If you aren't getting the readers or reviews you want, give more reviews to similar projects and see if you connect with another * writer.

Last edited:

Matrix

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
qGS2CaC
Appreciate the advice everyone, I think what I've decided is I'll stick with the format I'm doing to get to the first ppv and then I'll try to do full segments after that and see how it goes.

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team