BTB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
For sure, I used to get a bit too carried away in the past heading straight in to making my own champions and shit.

I would make sure it makes sense first. :kobe3

Yeah in my first thread on WC i rushed Samoa Joe to the world title. I learned my lesson and took my time with Andrade this time instead :kobe3

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah in my first thread on WC i rushed Samoa Joe to the world title. I learned my lesson and took my time with Andrade this time instead :kobe3

That beautiful, beautiful build :proud

Reactions: Roy Mustang

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
I need to do better at slow builds. Got some plans in mind for the future in NXT Gen, some major rises will occur

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Using a TEW game as a base could be good to make sure your booking is organic too, downside being that TEW isn't a 100% accurate simulation of real life though. But it'll make sure you don't just completely hotshot someone to the top unless you want both them and your product to suffer, and it'll also give you that air of randomness with injuries and people leaving companies that BTBs are missing. I don't care when people just sign up a bunch at the start of their BTBs or when the only "injuries" that happen in them are related to storylines bc shit, sometimes your plans get fucked up irl and the fix is actually better than the original too.

But then you'll get that less than 1% thing of John Cena dying in his prime bc of some dumb shit in TEW too :lol but I can't say I've had anything crazy like that happen to me, most I remember is HHH and Stephanie always seem to get divorced soon in EVERY game I play, and it happened in Blaze's too lol

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
So far on EWR only crazy thing is how many people go to rehab:

Sheamus, Matt Hardy, Bray Wyatt and in a previous thread Stephanie McMahon went to rehab.

Also fucking had Shane get injured a few months before I could have him thrown off Hell in a Cell :heston

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So far on EWR only crazy thing is how many people go to rehab:

Sheamus, Matt Hardy, Bray Wyatt and in a previous thread Stephanie McMahon went to rehab.

Also fucking had Shane get injured a few months before I could have him thrown off Hell in a Cell :heston

I think in 2020 all I've noticed as far as things that could fuck up plans are injuries, but idk seems more intuitive there too bc I ran a lucha company that was easy af on wrestlers and they NEVER got hurt but then I went to an NXT-type company with some green fucking guys and they keep hurting each other with botches lmao

I haven't tried real world mods much yet though but I know it was a death sentence if you were running any major company in the '90s and tried to implement drug testing in older version....which I guess isn't unrealistic either but man it just sucks :lol

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I think in 2020 all I've noticed as far as things that could fuck up plans are injuries, but idk seems more intuitive there too bc I ran a lucha company that was easy af on wrestlers and they NEVER got hurt but then I went to an NXT-type company with some green fucking guys and they keep hurting each other with botches lmao

I haven't tried real world mods much yet though but I know it was a death sentence if you were running any major company in the '90s and tried to implement drug testing in older version....which I guess isn't unrealistic either but man it just sucks :lol

I think some of it is because of NXT too which I am running so I have injuries down there but yeah I did notice when people were wrestling a lot, the injuries seemed to get worse. Raw has more matches due to being 3 hours and that brand has had loads more injuries in the last few months compared to barely any on Smackdown.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think some of it is because of NXT too which I am running so I have injuries down there but yeah I did notice when people were wrestling a lot, the injuries seemed to get worse. Raw has more matches due to being 3 hours and that brand has had loads more injuries in the last few months compared to barely any on Smackdown.

You can look at fatigue I think but honestly I give no fucks I just book people :heston I think the injuries could be balanced a bit better but it's hard to tell bc any random game might have a lot more or a lot less. It does seem like the companies that shouldn't have many injuries have almost 0 which isn't right and the companies that should have a normal amount of injuries every now and then always have major ones. Idk though bc you look at WWE or AEW and they got guys out ALL THE TIME too, just extra annoying when you have plans I guess.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
You can look at fatigue I think but honestly I give no fucks I just book people :heston I think the injuries could be balanced a bit better but it's hard to tell bc any random game might have a lot more or a lot less. It does seem like the companies that shouldn't have many injuries have almost 0 which isn't right and the companies that should have a normal amount of injuries every now and then always have major ones. Idk though bc you look at WWE or AEW and they got guys out ALL THE TIME too, just extra annoying when you have plans I guess.

Oh agreed. Matt and Jeff getting injured ruining planned feuds or ruining matches became a meme for me at this point. And the one time one of them didn't get injured Bray goes to rehab so I had to rush that PPV match to TV lol. But I like the challenge of injuries. Without it, don't get some of the stuff I've had fun with (Jimmy Uso with Ryder and Hawkins, Elias being tossed off the cell instead of Shane leading to him getting a face run etc.)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh agreed. Matt and Jeff getting injured ruining planned feuds or ruining matches became a meme for me at this point. And the one time one of them didn't get injured Bray goes to rehab so I had to rush that PPV match to TV lol. But I like the challenge of injuries. Without it, don't get some of the stuff I've had fun with (Jimmy Uso with Ryder and Hawkins, Elias being tossed off the cell instead of Shane leading to him getting a face run etc.)

And yeah like realistically you can't complain about Mat or Jeff getting injured at all bc look what's happened irl the last few years :slip: I def prefer even a broken injury system though bc I can't handle booking in a "perfect world" i need some sort of structure just to keep me going, too much freedom overloads me.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
And yeah like realistically you can't complain about Mat or Jeff getting injured at all bc look what's happened irl the last few years :slip: I def prefer even a broken injury system though bc I can't handle booking in a "perfect world" i need some sort of structure just to keep me going, too much freedom overloads me.

Oh exactly. Still fucking annoying as Matt's last injury royally fucked future plans down the line so had to replan a lot of stuff. Yeah too much freedom fucks me over too lol.

Reactions: Chris

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
Big plans set in stone in the upcoming month for NXT Gen. I have a big early signing coming soon for Raw. I hope Extreme Rules is cool when it gets unveiled

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’m probably about to start up doing my WWE BTB again. Because I know I got things going on there people need to see the payoff for. It’s about to pick up really good soon. SummerSlam right around the corner.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
As much as I love my current thread and have plans for a year 2, part of me wants to do an AEW thread after I get to Wrestlemania 36.

You write it, and I'll read it :cudi