Bryan Danielson Released!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

newmie

Reaction score
"WWE posted the following on their website tonight:

WWE has come to terms on the release of NXT first season rookie Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) as of today June 11, 2010. We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors."

LOP

Wow, didn't see this coming if it is legit, could always be apart of the storyline they have going, but technically are any of the ex-NXT rookies under contract (excluding Barrett) according to storyline? i thought the idea was to win a contract with a brand?

So if it's true, welcome to TNA Danny-Boy!

Reaction score
Well, my problem is this. If they were gonna do something where they get rid of all the NXT guys don't you think they'd make a spectacle out of it? You know have Vince McMahon come out and publicly fire all 7 of them and ban them from the building. Makes you wonder if more releases *wink wink* are coming over the weekend.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
He actually made people watch NXT and really was a part of some of the most memorable promos of the year. Definitely a stand out performer in 2010 for WWE, don't know why they would release him.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I would just like to say WWE has NEVER worked any of their official releases, in fact...

"Within WWE, the word has been sent out internally that the Bryan Danielson firing is legitimate. All the higher-ups in the company were informed that he was gone before the item that everyone assumes to be a work was put on the web site. It's difficult to believe given the timing that it could possibly be legitimate. The idea they would work Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson on a wrestling angle is also hard to fathom, and we've already seen examples of companies trying to work its employees and they are never good in the long-run."

=O TBF the corporate website has no mention of him getting released, which pretty much confirms his job's safe.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Nevermind what I said, he's legit gone, suddenly my excitement for the "NXT Invasion" has dwindled...

Reaction score
If this is a work, it's brilliant. If it's legit, its overly Blue to dump the most interesting of the NXT guys. I'm thinking it's not legit since, eventhough its reported on the Observer, Meltzer or Alvarez haven't spoken or reported on it.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's gone yet, as there's evidence on both sides. It's completely up in the air and to be honest, I don't know what the hell I believe right now.

Basically, one of 3 things is gonna happen...Meltzer and co.'s gonna look like complete assclowns. (Meh.) Or someone in WWE is lying. (Wouldn't be that surprising.) OR Vince worked his own employees. (If this turns out to be the case there could be MAJOR backlash and the company could spiral into chaos. If this happens, there better be a new attitude era as a direct result of this angle.)

Reaction score
A part of me had a flashback to when Randy Orton and John Cena went crying to management about Ken Anderson when Anderson dropped Orton on his shoulder. Kinda makes you wonder if Cena went crying to Vince after Danielson kicked him in the head. I mean the guy is in the middle of the hottest angle in wrestling today, he made Michael Cole interesting, and had really good promos. Weird timing regardless.

chessarmy

Reaction score
It can't be a work, PWI's source Donna Goldsmith can't lie to investors like that, this is legit and WWE basically hired Danielson only to bury his ass and fire him, fucking satanic.

Reaction score
Danielson was trained by Shawn Michaels right? You'd think he would have pulled harder for him or backed him more to management. But you know the more i think about it it all starts making sense

*Danielson lost more than anybody on NXT
*He was buried on a weekly basis by Michael Cole
*His biggest feud in the WWE was with the worst announcer on the fucking planet

Yeah he got fucked without lube.

Also on Gabe Sapolsky facebook page his most recent status is "It's not a work."

Another aside-this could legit kill the NXT storyline if it isn't a work.

FUCK! It just hit me, what if Danielson was fired for choking Justin Roberts with his tie? I mean with the whole Chris Benoit choking his family to death thing it would make sense.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
You're not gonna believe this. Looks like the PG rating is what did him in...

From Observer:

"The people who needed to know were told that Bryan Danielson was fired for choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his tie during the angle on Monday night. That shot was edited from replays of the show. It's not known why this would lead to someone getting fired and from all accounts, Danielson was described as the type of person you want a dressing room filled with.

The choking with a tie was described as being too violent for what is allowed on WWE television."

Horrible decision on WWE's part.

EDIT: CTG called it, as well as the Benoit incident possibly playing a factor.